Next FUNI DB Release?

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

ect5150
Advanced Regular

Next FUNI DB Release?

Post by ect5150 » Mon Jul 09, 2012 10:36 am

So, now that FUNI has released the last Kai disc, what's the next DB related release (other than the Complete Season One Kai releases)? Anything? I couldn't find much with an internet search (although I didn't look _that_ hard).
ect5150
Better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt.
DB DBox color corrections & DBox color corrections.

jpdbzrulz4sure
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Re: Next FUNI DB Release?

Post by jpdbzrulz4sure » Mon Jul 09, 2012 10:41 am

Nothing officially announced yet to my knowledge, but hopefully more Dragon Boxes.
-Joey

dbboxkaifan
Banned

Post by dbboxkaifan » Mon Jul 09, 2012 10:44 am

The next FUNimation Dragon Ball release is this:

And then all that's left is Dragon Ball Z Kai: Season Four.

Other than Dragon Ball Z Kai: Season sets there's nothing else.
FUNimation 2015 Releases I want:
- Kai 2.0 on Blu-ray

theawesomepossum777
Beyond Newbie

Post by theawesomepossum777 » Mon Jul 09, 2012 10:48 am

Actually, we found out that the next release for the Dragon Ball anime will be in 2013. So, it's obviously the Dragon Ball Dragon Box.

samuraix123
I Live Here

Post by samuraix123 » Mon Jul 09, 2012 10:51 am

theawesomepossum777 wrote:Actually, we found out that the next release for the Dragon Ball anime will be in 2013. So, it's obviously the Dragon Ball Dragon Box.
Link please? I've been waiting for the original Dragonball Dragonboxes :D
The Dragonboxes are like a middle aged woman who still looks good through simply taking good care of her skin and body with maybe a tiny bit of makeup while the Orange Bricks are like a middle aged woman who get's 50 tons of botox, makeup and plastic surgery in order to look younger and as a result looks even worse. ~ ringworm128
Still recording Toonami broadcasts on VHS after all these years!
#1 Paikuhan fan!

dbboxkaifan
Banned

Post by dbboxkaifan » Mon Jul 09, 2012 10:53 am

theawesomepossum777 wrote:Actually, we found out that the next release for the Dragon Ball anime will be in 2013. So, it's obviously the Dragon Ball Dragon Box.
I thought about that 2013-thing but don't remember seeing any actual proof of it.
- Kai 2.0 on Blu-ray

Gonstead
I Live Here

Post by Gonstead » Mon Jul 09, 2012 10:58 am

dbboxkaifan wrote:
I thought about that 2013-thing but don't remember seeing any actual proof of it.
It was back in the thread about the Harmony Gold Dub.

We had a reply from a Funimation Exec who said that the next planned release for the original Dragon Ball was for 2013. Combine that with the recent survey about Dragon Boxes and we have a pretty good educated guess.
Visit DragonBallFigures for all your Dragon Ball figure info and needs!
Mayuri Kurotsuchi wrote:"In this world, nothing perfect exists. It may be a cliche after all but it's the way things are. That's precisely why ordinary men pursue the concept of perfection, it's infatuation. But ultimately I have to ask myself "What is the true meaning of being perfect?" and the answer I came up with was nothing. Not one thing. The truth of the matter is I despise perfection! If something is truly perfect, that's IT! The bottom line becomes there is no room for imagination! No space for intelligence or ability or improvement! Do you understand? To men of science like us, perfection is a dead end, a condition of hopelessness. Always strive to be better than anything that came before you but not perfect! Scientist's agonize over the attempt to achieve perfection! That's the kind of creatures we are! We take joy in trying to exceed our grasp, in trying to reach for something that in the end, we have to admit may in fact be unreachable!"
MY HOLY GRAIL (110% Serious. Please sell me one)

dbboxkaifan
Banned

Post by dbboxkaifan » Mon Jul 09, 2012 11:01 am

So just got to wait for all these months to pass by and then Dragon Box: The Movies (supposing they'll sell more DBZ than DB) comes out after the announcement.

I just hope the packaging isn't sloppy as it was on the Dragon Boxes Z or discs with small light scratches.
- Kai 2.0 on Blu-ray

Gonstead
I Live Here

Post by Gonstead » Mon Jul 09, 2012 11:03 am

Here, I dug up the quote I was referring to.
DerekPadula wrote:Good news, everyone. FUNimation has said yes to accepting the tape!

It took months of phone calls and emails, but I finally worked my way through the system and got in touch with the right person (the Head of Marketing for Dragon Ball), and he said yes.

So here's the deal. Tommy at Harmony Gold is going to get the tape out of the vault and add it to his pile of videos to be processed and recorded. It will be part of a large batch process, and it may be a matter of weeks or even months before the batch is sent out. There's no telling when it will occur.

Then once they have the video content, they'll send it to FUNimation and work out all of the business details. I imagine Tommy will also tell me what's on it at this point.

The Head of Marketing (who's name I don't want to disclose) said that he's excited about seeing what's on it, and would love to use it to help market the next release. But he also mentioned that the next release of the original Dragon Ball is going to be a ways out, probably in 2013.

That's the short version of the story. The slightly longer version is that certain people at FUNimation apparently don't like returning phone calls or emails. Boy oh boy.

Anyway, there you have it. My work here is done!
Mayuri Kurotsuchi wrote:"In this world, nothing perfect exists. It may be a cliche after all but it's the way things are. That's precisely why ordinary men pursue the concept of perfection, it's infatuation. But ultimately I have to ask myself "What is the true meaning of being perfect?" and the answer I came up with was nothing. Not one thing. The truth of the matter is I despise perfection! If something is truly perfect, that's IT! The bottom line becomes there is no room for imagination! No space for intelligence or ability or improvement! Do you understand? To men of science like us, perfection is a dead end, a condition of hopelessness. Always strive to be better than anything that came before you but not perfect! Scientist's agonize over the attempt to achieve perfection! That's the kind of creatures we are! We take joy in trying to exceed our grasp, in trying to reach for something that in the end, we have to admit may in fact be unreachable!"

theawesomepossum777
Beyond Newbie

Post by theawesomepossum777 » Mon Jul 09, 2012 11:03 am

samuraix123 wrote:
Link please? I've been waiting for the original Dragonball Dragonboxes :D
Just search "Harmony Gold" in the fourm, and you will have proof. You're going to have to search through a good amount of pages though.

penguintruth
Banned

Post by penguintruth » Mon Jul 09, 2012 11:13 am

Goku's Fire Brigade on Blu-Ray.

They spent six years dubbing it, and five people died of exhaustion while working on it.

Dedicated to the memory of those people.
Kentai wrote:Son Gokuu is a fascinating character anyway, because he is - at face value, anyway - an idiot savant. The victim of violent head trauma as an infant [...] he's a simple bumpkin with a fair share of brain damage who's natural talents to work out what's wrong compensate for his broad lack of common sense. But he's also a fighter, through and through [...] he fight until he has, in no uncertain terms, beaten his enemy on terms they can both acknowledge. He doesn't want to kill anyone, or even prove that he can win... he just wants to know he can. He's an ineffably charming bastard who's manly leanings were really incendental, and yes, the fact that he was voiced by a squeaky woman made the combination perhaps all the more charming.

Dragon Ball (Z) Kai Reviews!

Can I get a Schemen?

samuraix123
I Live Here

Post by samuraix123 » Mon Jul 09, 2012 11:18 am

Thanks for the info Gonstead! Now I know that I'm going to hold off on buying the Blue Bricks and just wait. :)
The Dragonboxes are like a middle aged woman who still looks good through simply taking good care of her skin and body with maybe a tiny bit of makeup while the Orange Bricks are like a middle aged woman who get's 50 tons of botox, makeup and plastic surgery in order to look younger and as a result looks even worse. ~ ringworm128
Still recording Toonami broadcasts on VHS after all these years!
#1 Paikuhan fan!

SM-dood
Not-So-Newbie

Post by SM-dood » Mon Jul 09, 2012 12:46 pm

This makes me really happy, but now I just wonder what to do with my first [and only] Blue Brick...
And maybe now we can finally have the dub opening and ending with the second animations.

fps_anth
Advanced Regular

Post by fps_anth » Mon Jul 09, 2012 12:51 pm

Dragon Ball Dbox next year? Thank God I didn't pick up those blue boxes. I was about to pull the trigger on them, too.

dbboxkaifan
Banned

Post by dbboxkaifan » Mon Jul 09, 2012 12:55 pm

If FUNimation were to release from smaller to bigger it'd be something like this:

Dragon Box: The Movies (1 or 2 boxes) > Dragon Box GT Dragon Ball GT (1 or 2 boxes) > Dragon Box Dragon Ball (4 boxes)

I'll see about selling some Blu-rays, games and whatnot to have sufficient money for the upcoming Dragon Boxes.
- Kai 2.0 on Blu-ray

Gonstead
I Live Here

Post by Gonstead » Mon Jul 09, 2012 1:35 pm

Remember though that nothing official has actually been said about there being more Dragon Boxes, so don't raise your hopes too high, just be prepared for dissapointment.

Nevertheless, it would be awesome if we get more Dragon Boxes.

dprez
Advanced Regular

Post by dprez » Mon Jul 09, 2012 1:56 pm

I'm still gonna pick up the blue bricks and movie packs in the next month or so. Doesn't hurt to support more Dragon Ball home video releases.

Krycek7o2
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Krycek7o2 » Mon Jul 09, 2012 5:32 pm

Gonstead wrote:Remember though that nothing official has actually been said about there being more Dragon Boxes, so don't raise your hopes too high, just be prepared for dissapointment.

Nevertheless, it would be awesome if we get more Dragon Boxes.
Exactly how I feel. Many members just like to jump to conclusions.

CashmanX
Patreon Supporter

Post by CashmanX » Mon Jul 09, 2012 6:01 pm

Wasn't there an ANN podcast aswell where they discussed dragon box licensing?
olympia wrote: 21:28 why are we still talking about the emails
21:29 who gives a fuck
21:29 shut the fuck up trunks
21:29 * mean trump

Rukura
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Rukura » Mon Jul 09, 2012 6:15 pm

If they release Dragon Ball next year, I'm guessing they'll just go with the order they were released by Toei.

With that said, as long as they release all of them, I don't really care what the order is :P
Full checklist of all Xenoverse clothing pieces, accessories and Z-Souls (Many thanks to jrdemr for the Z-Souls sheet): https://www.dropbox.com/s/u8vxc8m0fehev ... .xlsx?dl=0