Looking for decent sized Dragon Ball figures for a young fan

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Fizzer
Advanced Regular

Looking for decent sized Dragon Ball figures for a young fan

Post by Fizzer » Sat Jul 14, 2012 10:05 am

My young brother is also a fan of the series, and he's asking for Dragon Ball "action figures". As I'm sure most of you are aware, that sort of thing is difficult to find. I can only find tiny figures, ones that would be unsuitable for play, very expensive ones. I've found a couple of these, which I think would be perfect:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Lujex-Super-Dra ... 437&sr=1-7

Unfortunately, they only have Goku, SSJ Goku and Vejito, and I'd like to get him two *different* characters like Goku and Vegeta or Goku and Piccolo.

Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Gonstead
I Live Here

Re: Looking for decent sized Dragon Ball figures for a young

Post by Gonstead » Sat Jul 14, 2012 10:42 am

Irwin and Jakks Pacific produced a lot of figures in the early 00's to 07 or so, so if you search up their name on Ebay with dbz added in you should find some decent deals.

However, if your looking for figures in that size range or similar, Irwin produced a 12" line of figures that includes Goku, Vegeta, Trunks, Piccolo and Tien. Jakks Pacific also had a smaller line of figures named "Movie Collection" which were aimed at collectors and tend to go for quite high depending on certain figures but there are some out there which go for cheap.
Visit DragonBallFigures for all your Dragon Ball figure info and needs!
Mayuri Kurotsuchi wrote:"In this world, nothing perfect exists. It may be a cliche after all but it's the way things are. That's precisely why ordinary men pursue the concept of perfection, it's infatuation. But ultimately I have to ask myself "What is the true meaning of being perfect?" and the answer I came up with was nothing. Not one thing. The truth of the matter is I despise perfection! If something is truly perfect, that's IT! The bottom line becomes there is no room for imagination! No space for intelligence or ability or improvement! Do you understand? To men of science like us, perfection is a dead end, a condition of hopelessness. Always strive to be better than anything that came before you but not perfect! Scientist's agonize over the attempt to achieve perfection! That's the kind of creatures we are! We take joy in trying to exceed our grasp, in trying to reach for something that in the end, we have to admit may in fact be unreachable!"
MY HOLY GRAIL (110% Serious. Please sell me one)

oXdanXo
Regular

Re: Looking for decent sized Dragon Ball figures for a young

Post by oXdanXo » Sat Jul 14, 2012 11:46 am

Fizzer wrote:My young brother is also a fan of the series, and he's asking for Dragon Ball "action figures". As I'm sure most of you are aware, that sort of thing is difficult to find. I can only find tiny figures, ones that would be unsuitable for play, very expensive ones. I've found a couple of these, which I think would be perfect:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Lujex-Super-Dra ... 437&sr=1-7

Unfortunately, they only have Goku, SSJ Goku and Vejito, and I'd like to get him two *different* characters like Goku and Vegeta or Goku and Piccolo.

Can anyone point me in the right direction?

If you're only looking for him to play with them then I suggest you stay away from DragonBall figures, they've cost me an arm and a leg, most figures come out and whatever they cost in Japan if you leave them for a month or two then they're sold out and you're looking at paying twice the price on ebay.
Next to get; Leged of Saiyan figures and Freeza's force

If anyone sees
Any of the Legend of Saiyan line going cheapish
Or any other Banpresto DBZ figure :)

If anyone has a cooler steelbook dvd that wants to sell it (prefer new but used is fine) when/if the dragon box movies comes out contact me :)