English-Filipino dub information?

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: Kanzenshuu Staff, General Help

User avatar
SM-dood
Not-So-Newbie
Posts: 74
Joined: Sat Apr 21, 2012 6:21 pm

English-Filipino dub information?

Post by SM-dood » Sat Jul 14, 2012 2:34 pm

It seems there is little known about this dub. I've researched a bit about it. From what I've gathered (some of this info may be false), they did every series in Filipino-English (at least up to Z), all of the movies (movies 5 and 6 of Z being released on VHS IIRC, not sure if any more were), there was a cassette released of the dubbed songs used for the dub (and a CD of it too, which most people don't seem to know), yet I'm skeptical that they dubbed everything, since there seems to be no trace of the dub online minus those two poor-audio clips of movie 5 on youtube. Filipino commenters on youtube talk about their nostalgia of the dub sometimes, but like I said...I can't find anything much really.

Does anyone have, or have any info on the Filipino-English dub?

Edit: And movies 5 and 6 were supposedly released in Filipino theaters.
Last edited by SM-dood on Sun Jul 15, 2012 12:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
dbboxkaifan
Banned
Posts: 8906
Joined: Wed Nov 02, 2011 11:32 pm

Re: English-Filipino dub information?

Post by dbboxkaifan » Sat Jul 14, 2012 6:10 pm

This might be useful:

DRAGON BALL Z ENGLISH-PHILIPPINES VERSION

Image
FUNimation 2015 Releases I want:
- Kai 2.0 on Blu-ray

ultimateemail5000
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie
Posts: 384
Joined: Mon Feb 04, 2008 4:55 pm
Contact:

Re: English-Filipino dub information?

Post by ultimateemail5000 » Sat Jul 14, 2012 6:26 pm

I think I have a Fillipino dubbed movie 9 VCD. I don't know what language it is, but it's very poorly done. You can clearly hear the Japanese track under the dub. The acting is terrible, and so is the quality. I bought it years ago. I don't know where it's at now.

User avatar
SM-dood
Not-So-Newbie
Posts: 74
Joined: Sat Apr 21, 2012 6:21 pm

Re: English-Filipino dub information?

Post by SM-dood » Sat Jul 14, 2012 7:22 pm

Thanks for that picture of the scan, though I have seen it before. I believe I have a scan downloaded of the CD of the cassette as well somewhere on my computer (and the cd download itself from except one missing karaoke track... don't taze me VegettoEX), though I guess I should've looked at one of those and searched up some of the artists and companies labeled on it first.

ultimateemail5000, if you happen to have the VCD still and it's English, could you upload a clip of it? Although, it sounds like you might be talking about the Malaysian dub too, but it could be the Filipino dub possibly. And the Malaysian clips and movies I've seen haven't had the Japanese track hear-able at all from what I've heard and seen, but either way I'm curious.

User avatar
Gonstead
I Live Here
Posts: 3500
Joined: Thu Oct 13, 2011 9:33 am
Location: New Zealand
Contact:

Re: English-Filipino dub information?

Post by Gonstead » Sat Jul 14, 2012 11:24 pm

I believe I have a rip of Movie 5 if it's the same one that I think we're talking about. Kei17 has it as well.
Visit DragonBallFigures for all your Dragon Ball figure info and needs!
Mayuri Kurotsuchi wrote:"In this world, nothing perfect exists. It may be a cliche after all but it's the way things are. That's precisely why ordinary men pursue the concept of perfection, it's infatuation. But ultimately I have to ask myself "What is the true meaning of being perfect?" and the answer I came up with was nothing. Not one thing. The truth of the matter is I despise perfection! If something is truly perfect, that's IT! The bottom line becomes there is no room for imagination! No space for intelligence or ability or improvement! Do you understand? To men of science like us, perfection is a dead end, a condition of hopelessness. Always strive to be better than anything that came before you but not perfect! Scientist's agonize over the attempt to achieve perfection! That's the kind of creatures we are! We take joy in trying to exceed our grasp, in trying to reach for something that in the end, we have to admit may in fact be unreachable!"
MY HOLY GRAIL (110% Serious. Please sell me one)

User avatar
SM-dood
Not-So-Newbie
Posts: 74
Joined: Sat Apr 21, 2012 6:21 pm

Re: English-Filipino dub information?

Post by SM-dood » Sun Jul 15, 2012 12:13 am

Gonstead wrote:I believe I have a rip of Movie 5 if it's the same one that I think we're talking about. Kei17 has it as well.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ORuGiSbjKkQ If it's this one, then yes.

User avatar
Gonstead
I Live Here
Posts: 3500
Joined: Thu Oct 13, 2011 9:33 am
Location: New Zealand
Contact:

Re: English-Filipino dub information?

Post by Gonstead » Sun Jul 15, 2012 12:34 am

SM-dood wrote:
Gonstead wrote:I believe I have a rip of Movie 5 if it's the same one that I think we're talking about. Kei17 has it as well.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ORuGiSbjKkQ If it's this one, then yes.
It's been a while since I've watched it but yes that seems to be the same one I have.
Visit DragonBallFigures for all your Dragon Ball figure info and needs!
Mayuri Kurotsuchi wrote:"In this world, nothing perfect exists. It may be a cliche after all but it's the way things are. That's precisely why ordinary men pursue the concept of perfection, it's infatuation. But ultimately I have to ask myself "What is the true meaning of being perfect?" and the answer I came up with was nothing. Not one thing. The truth of the matter is I despise perfection! If something is truly perfect, that's IT! The bottom line becomes there is no room for imagination! No space for intelligence or ability or improvement! Do you understand? To men of science like us, perfection is a dead end, a condition of hopelessness. Always strive to be better than anything that came before you but not perfect! Scientist's agonize over the attempt to achieve perfection! That's the kind of creatures we are! We take joy in trying to exceed our grasp, in trying to reach for something that in the end, we have to admit may in fact be unreachable!"
MY HOLY GRAIL (110% Serious. Please sell me one)

wjbraden
Beyond Newbie
Posts: 292
Joined: Tue Dec 28, 2010 10:07 pm

Re: English-Filipino dub information?

Post by wjbraden » Sun Jul 15, 2012 1:28 am

I too am interested in seeing this Filipino Dub.
Interested in learning about the many international dubs of Dragon Ball? Then contribute to our Dragon Ball International Dubs spreadsheet here!: https://goo.gl/Zay3za It's open for anyone to edit* and view, so go ahead and add your own information to our ever-growing list!

* If you request access with a google account.

ultimateemail5000
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie
Posts: 384
Joined: Mon Feb 04, 2008 4:55 pm
Contact:

Re: English-Filipino dub information?

Post by ultimateemail5000 » Sun Jul 15, 2012 4:17 am

Unfortunetly I moved to another state and all my belongings are stored in Ohio and I am WA. I only watched it was and it was just unbearable. I think I watched up to the part where Mr. Satan announced the tournament. If I do actually have it I'll try to upload something.

User avatar
dbboxkaifan
Banned
Posts: 8906
Joined: Wed Nov 02, 2011 11:32 pm

Re: English-Filipino dub information?

Post by dbboxkaifan » Sun Jul 15, 2012 8:08 am

SM-dood wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ORuGiSbjKkQ If it's this one, then yes.
Kurara's voice sounds really good and he said Saiyan the "proper" way. :)
FUNimation 2015 Releases I want:
- Kai 2.0 on Blu-ray

User avatar
SM-dood
Not-So-Newbie
Posts: 74
Joined: Sat Apr 21, 2012 6:21 pm

Re: English-Filipino dub information?

Post by SM-dood » Sun Jul 15, 2012 12:21 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kUfOGfz_HpQ There's also this audio clip if it helps. I didn't link it before though, just because I didn't think it was too hard to find. I actually really like Goku's voice there. Maybe it sounds a bit young for him, but I like it.

User avatar
penguintruth
Banned
Posts: 4861
Joined: Wed Sep 02, 2009 5:49 pm

Re: English-Filipino dub information?

Post by penguintruth » Sun Jul 15, 2012 6:33 pm

Whoever put those clips up on YouTube is surely a great and brilliant person, and probably handsome and popular with women.
Kentai wrote:Son Gokuu is a fascinating character anyway, because he is - at face value, anyway - an idiot savant. The victim of violent head trauma as an infant [...] he's a simple bumpkin with a fair share of brain damage who's natural talents to work out what's wrong compensate for his broad lack of common sense. But he's also a fighter, through and through [...] he fight until he has, in no uncertain terms, beaten his enemy on terms they can both acknowledge. He doesn't want to kill anyone, or even prove that he can win... he just wants to know he can. He's an ineffably charming bastard who's manly leanings were really incendental, and yes, the fact that he was voiced by a squeaky woman made the combination perhaps all the more charming.


Dragon Ball (Z) Kai Reviews!

Can I get a Schemen?

User avatar
linkdude20002001
I Live Here
Posts: 2584
Joined: Fri Jul 22, 2005 4:22 pm
Location: Lynnwood, Washington

Re: English-Filipino dub information?

Post by linkdude20002001 » Sun Jul 15, 2012 10:11 pm

Naw, that guy's a dick. We shouldn't be giving his videos any views. :P

I really wish we had more information about it. I spoke to Nesty Ramirez on Facebook about it, but I didn't really get any info other than who he voiced.

RJ Celdran, the voice of Thousar, gave some actually info. Apparently the accent he used was his interpretation of a Transylvanian accent. He owned the movie on VHS, but lost he it...
The Many English Dubs of DB, DBZ, and DBGT
Viz Release Censorship Guide

Scsigs: "Y'know, it actually makes sense that they waited till today to announce [the 30th Anniversary] set. It's Akira Toriyama's birthday."
Shaddy: "I too want my legacy destroyed as a birthday gift."

User avatar
penguintruth
Banned
Posts: 4861
Joined: Wed Sep 02, 2009 5:49 pm

Re: English-Filipino dub information?

Post by penguintruth » Sun Jul 15, 2012 10:16 pm

:P

I have the movie 5 dub on VHS. The problem is finding clips of movie 6. I remember seeing parts of it years ago, but I can't recall what Vegeta sounded like.
Kentai wrote:Son Gokuu is a fascinating character anyway, because he is - at face value, anyway - an idiot savant. The victim of violent head trauma as an infant [...] he's a simple bumpkin with a fair share of brain damage who's natural talents to work out what's wrong compensate for his broad lack of common sense. But he's also a fighter, through and through [...] he fight until he has, in no uncertain terms, beaten his enemy on terms they can both acknowledge. He doesn't want to kill anyone, or even prove that he can win... he just wants to know he can. He's an ineffably charming bastard who's manly leanings were really incendental, and yes, the fact that he was voiced by a squeaky woman made the combination perhaps all the more charming.


Dragon Ball (Z) Kai Reviews!

Can I get a Schemen?

User avatar
SM-dood
Not-So-Newbie
Posts: 74
Joined: Sat Apr 21, 2012 6:21 pm

Re: English-Filipino dub information?

Post by SM-dood » Mon Jul 16, 2012 1:17 am

penguintruth wrote: I have the movie 5 dub on VHS.
Are you sure it's the Filipino dub? And, if you have the necessary equipment... could you upload a clip from the tape?

If you want me to be honest, I'd like to see the whole movie in Filipino-English. But I think that might go against the rules for distributing the whole movie... so a clip will do.

User avatar
linkdude20002001
I Live Here
Posts: 2584
Joined: Fri Jul 22, 2005 4:22 pm
Location: Lynnwood, Washington

Re: English-Filipino dub information?

Post by linkdude20002001 » Mon Jul 16, 2012 1:03 pm

penguintruth is the one whom uploaded the videos you linked to. :p
The Many English Dubs of DB, DBZ, and DBGT
Viz Release Censorship Guide

Scsigs: "Y'know, it actually makes sense that they waited till today to announce [the 30th Anniversary] set. It's Akira Toriyama's birthday."
Shaddy: "I too want my legacy destroyed as a birthday gift."

User avatar
SM-dood
Not-So-Newbie
Posts: 74
Joined: Sat Apr 21, 2012 6:21 pm

Re: English-Filipino dub information?

Post by SM-dood » Mon Jul 16, 2012 2:48 pm

Aaaaand now I feel dumb. :P

User avatar
coola
I Live Here
Posts: 2986
Joined: Tue May 15, 2007 7:33 am
Location: Poland

Re: English-Filipino dub information?

Post by coola » Mon Jul 16, 2012 6:29 pm

I have Movie 6 on my disc, unfortunately, it`s real media, 28 MB file, so quality is atrocious, still, i uploaded 2 clips, if you would like specific scene, please write, and i will upload it too :)

SSJ Goku vs Metal Coola - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b5Ex-RSG ... e=youtu.be
Vegeta entrance - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HylXZBta ... e=youtu.be
My Twitter: @kamil198811
Bulma fan
Thanks to Discotek:
Magic Knight Rayearth get DVD release in 2015 and Blu-Ray release on 2016
Saint Seiya: The Lost Canvas get DVD release in 2015

User avatar
SM-dood
Not-So-Newbie
Posts: 74
Joined: Sat Apr 21, 2012 6:21 pm

Re: English-Filipino dub information?

Post by SM-dood » Mon Jul 16, 2012 8:20 pm

coola wrote:I have Movie 6 on my disc, unfortunately, it`s real media, 28 MB file, so quality is atrocious, still, i uploaded 2 clips, if you would like specific scene, please write, and i will upload it too :)

SSJ Goku vs Metal Coola - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b5Ex-RSG ... e=youtu.be
Vegeta entrance - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HylXZBta ... e=youtu.be
The video is privated D: And I don't know your youtube account to friend you to see it, so... >.<

User avatar
coola
I Live Here
Posts: 2986
Joined: Tue May 15, 2007 7:33 am
Location: Poland

Re: English-Filipino dub information?

Post by coola » Tue Jul 17, 2012 5:57 am

Fixed, sorry :oops:
My Twitter: @kamil198811
Bulma fan
Thanks to Discotek:
Magic Knight Rayearth get DVD release in 2015 and Blu-Ray release on 2016
Saint Seiya: The Lost Canvas get DVD release in 2015

Post Reply