English-Filipino dub information?

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: Kanzenshuu Staff, General Help

Gonstead
I Live Here

Re: English-Filipino dub information?

Post by Gonstead » Tue Jul 17, 2012 6:06 am

Vegeta's voice was pretty good IMO.

Ohh how I wish I had a rip or a VHS copy of that movie. I already own the Big Green and Malaysion-English Dubs of Movies 5-6 and to add another alternate dub would be great.
Visit DragonBallFigures for all your Dragon Ball figure info and needs!
Mayuri Kurotsuchi wrote:"In this world, nothing perfect exists. It may be a cliche after all but it's the way things are. That's precisely why ordinary men pursue the concept of perfection, it's infatuation. But ultimately I have to ask myself "What is the true meaning of being perfect?" and the answer I came up with was nothing. Not one thing. The truth of the matter is I despise perfection! If something is truly perfect, that's IT! The bottom line becomes there is no room for imagination! No space for intelligence or ability or improvement! Do you understand? To men of science like us, perfection is a dead end, a condition of hopelessness. Always strive to be better than anything that came before you but not perfect! Scientist's agonize over the attempt to achieve perfection! That's the kind of creatures we are! We take joy in trying to exceed our grasp, in trying to reach for something that in the end, we have to admit may in fact be unreachable!"
MY HOLY GRAIL (110% Serious. Please sell me one)

SM-dood
Not-So-Newbie

Post by SM-dood » Tue Jul 17, 2012 10:59 am

coola wrote:Fixed, sorry :oops:
It's fine :P

And wow, that quality really is macroblocked @.@ Though it really is interesting to see more of this dub finally.
Also, I I have to admit, Cooler's long "Nooooo" and whatever Goku said before that in the first clip was pretty funny.
Also, does Goku pronouce Vegeta as "Vegituh" throughout the whole movie?

coola
I Live Here

Post by coola » Tue Jul 17, 2012 12:45 pm

Yes, unfortunately, picture quality is really awful, at least sound is quite good, also, this copy actualy begun with Movie 5 ending, where Piccolo killing Sauza, and then, it goes straight to Movie 6, yes, that`s how Goku pronouce Vegeta name in this dub, also, Son Goku is called Goku, by both Vegeta and Coola, Gohan calls Piccolo Mr.Piccolo

Piccolo, Kuririn and Gohan vs Coola soldiers - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FTuiwsdJ ... e=youtu.be
My Twitter: @kamil198811
Bulma fan
Thanks to Discotek:
Magic Knight Rayearth get DVD release in 2015 and Blu-Ray release on 2016
Saint Seiya: The Lost Canvas get DVD release in 2015

linkdude20002001
I Live Here

Post by linkdude20002001 » Tue Jul 17, 2012 12:52 pm

Piccolo's voice!? Well, everyone else sounds fine. Some of the pronunciations are weird, but FUNi's just as bad... I wish we could watch all of the Filipino-English dub. -_-
The Many English Dubs of DB, DBZ, and DBGT
Viz Release Censorship Guide

Scsigs: "Y'know, it actually makes sense that they waited till today to announce [the 30th Anniversary] set. It's Akira Toriyama's birthday."
Shaddy: "I too want my legacy destroyed as a birthday gift."

coola
I Live Here

Post by coola » Tue Jul 17, 2012 2:08 pm

If it`s fine with Kanzenshuu admins, i can upload full DBZ Movie 6 on Youtube, and put link here
Bulma fan
Thanks to Discotek:

linkdude20002001
I Live Here

Post by linkdude20002001 » Tue Jul 17, 2012 2:21 pm

Unfortunately the whole movie would be a bit much to be allowed on the Kanzenshuu forums...
The Many English Dubs of DB, DBZ, and DBGT
Viz Release Censorship Guide

Scsigs: "Y'know, it actually makes sense that they waited till today to announce [the 30th Anniversary] set. It's Akira Toriyama's birthday."
Shaddy: "I too want my legacy destroyed as a birthday gift."

coola
I Live Here

Post by coola » Tue Jul 17, 2012 4:28 pm

Sorry, you`re right, my apologies :oops: I admit i didn`t thought about that :oops:
Last edited by coola on Tue Jul 17, 2012 5:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bulma fan
Thanks to Discotek:

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Tue Jul 17, 2012 4:57 pm

That doesn't make it any better. You can't just not share it straight-up publicly but ask people to DM you for the link. I'm still aware of piracy behind the scenes at that point, ad I can still have companies coming after both me and you.

C'mon folks. You're not doing it right.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

Kurillin-Sama

Post by Kurillin-Sama » Tue Jul 17, 2012 5:36 pm

I'm almost positive all of DBZ was NOT dubbed in English in the Philippines. At some point they switched from the English language to the Tagalog language.

SM-dood
Not-So-Newbie

Post by SM-dood » Tue Jul 17, 2012 8:53 pm

I usually don't pay much attention to ImmaVegeta anymore, but some videos popped up on my homepage, and well...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f7x3lJKz6uo&feature=plcp

Ironically he started posting Filipino clips today.

Blacknite08

Post by Blacknite08 » Tue Jul 17, 2012 9:30 pm

Oh I don't think that was a coincidence.

Also, didn't Kei17 used to have a clip from DBZ episode 1 of the Filipino dub on that channel of his that got suspended?

Ringworm128
I Live Here

Post by Ringworm128 » Wed Jul 18, 2012 1:46 am

The acting is pretty decent but dear Dende the voices. And people say Funimation miscasts characters.
If you have to write a small thesis every time you respond to a post you're not an intellectual, you're just bad at making your point.
https://youtu.be/QkwPrKLK0cE