Typical DB bashing comments you are sick of. (read OP)

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Ringworm128
Banned

Typical DB bashing comments you are sick of. (read OP)

Post by Ringworm128 » Sat Jul 21, 2012 11:58 pm

Try to keep this on topic. Also only post things that you can argue against (i.e "Toriyama's art style sucks because x" "it's actually pretty good because x") Also try to only post things that people who DON'T watch DB would say so no "the dub sucks" or "Masako Nozawa is awful as Goku".

For me it's "every saga it's the same old thing. A new villain appears who is stronger then the last one and they simply turn into a new type of Super Saiyan to beat it" Wrong, each villain has a different personality, goal etc. And theres always more to the story then the characters transforming (i.e Gohan developing from a pampered mommas boy who can't even look after himself into someone who goes up against fighters like Nappa and Recoom).
Last edited by Ringworm128 on Tue Jul 24, 2012 1:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

Codarik
Advanced Regular

Re: Typical DB bashing comments you are tired of.

Post by Codarik » Sun Jul 22, 2012 12:11 am

"The English dub sucks"

This is 2012, how bad the old dub isn't relevant, we should appreciate it for what it is.

Insertclevername
I Live Here

Post by Insertclevername » Sun Jul 22, 2012 12:18 am

"The music is so dated and crappy"
"This show is has no character development"
"Just guys charging up and screaming the whole time "
Cipher wrote:Also, you can seriously like whatever and still get laid. That's a revelation that'll hit you at some point.

mysticboy
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by mysticboy » Sun Jul 22, 2012 12:26 am

It took Freeza 20 episodes to blow up Namek

Makaioshin
Advanced Regular

Post by Makaioshin » Sun Jul 22, 2012 12:55 am

I don't really mind these typical DB bashing comments. There is definitely some truth to them but I just look past some of these things.

AnimeMaakuo
Advanced Regular

Post by AnimeMaakuo » Sun Jul 22, 2012 1:34 am

Last edited by AnimeMaakuo on Fri Jul 26, 2013 3:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
My YouTube

Soppa Saiyjins from Dorgou Ballru Zetto is my favorite transformation everah, especially when Trounksoru did it in front of Seru and when Bejita did it when he faced Jingonigen-hachigo. But for real, I use the FUNi pronunciation. - Soppa Saia People

DBZAOTA482
Banned

Post by DBZAOTA482 » Sun Jul 22, 2012 1:53 am

mysticboy wrote:It took Freeza 20 episodes to blow up Namek
It DID take 20 episodes. :lol:

Anyways, I don't like how people criticize the major fights for 'dragging on forever' all based on the Goku vs. Frieza fight (which went on for an entire season) in the anime when the others don't even reach 10 episodes, which is the maxium length to the average human tolerance level (at least for me that is).
fadeddreams5 wrote:
DBZGTKOSDH wrote:... Haven't we already gotten these in GT? Goku dies, the DBs go away, and the Namekian DBs most likely won't be used again because of the Evil Dragons.
Goku didn't die in GT. The show sucked him off so much, it was impossible to keep him in the world of the living, so he ascended beyond mortality.
jjgp1112 wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 6:31 am I'm just about done with the concept of reboots and making shows that were products of their time and impactful "new and sexy" and in line with modern tastes and sensibilities. Let stuff stay in their era and give today's kids their own shit to watch.

I always side eye the people who say "Now my kids/today's kids can experience what I did as a child!" Nigga, who gives a fuck about your childhood? You're an adult now and it was at least 15 years ago. Let the kids have their own experience instead of picking at a corpse.

Saiga
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Saiga » Sun Jul 22, 2012 1:55 am

AnimeMaakuo wrote:"The anime is non-canon and Toriyama doesn't approve of it".
"Filler is non-canon to the anime".
"Japanese voice actors sound like girls".
"The anime is garbage when compared to the manga".
"Dragon Ball Kai is the true animated version".
"these parts never happened because they're not in the manga".
"DBGT sucks and is gay on a flamboyant level".
"Toriyama meant to end the series at the Cell arc".
"The editors forced Toriyama to write those parts, so they never happened".
"DB Hoshi is a new series that's coming out, and Toriyama's involved".
"Dragon Ball Online is a new series Toriyama's been working on".
"FUNimation's Bruce Falconer music is better than the Japanese score".
The bolded parts aren't even bashing.
I'm re-watching Dragon Ball GT in full on my blog. Check it out if you're interested in my thoughts on the series as I watch through it!

Ringworm128
Banned

Post by Ringworm128 » Sun Jul 22, 2012 2:05 am

AnimeMaakuo wrote:"The anime is non-canon and Toriyama doesn't approve of it".
"Filler is non-canon to the anime".
"Japanese voice actors sound like girls".
"The anime is garbage when compared to the manga".
"Dragon Ball Kai is the true animated version".
"these parts never happened because they're not in the manga".
"DBGT sucks and is gay on a flamboyant level".
"Toriyama meant to end the series at the Cell arc".
"The editors forced Toriyama to write those parts, so they never happened".
"DB Hoshi is a new series that's coming out, and Toriyama's involved".
"Dragon Ball Online is a new series Toriyama's been working on".
"FUNimation's Bruce Falconer music is better than the Japanese score".
I was talking about comments from DB haters. The things you posted are things people who watch the show would say.

AnimeMaakuo
Advanced Regular

Post by AnimeMaakuo » Sun Jul 22, 2012 2:09 am

Last edited by AnimeMaakuo on Fri Jul 26, 2013 3:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
My YouTube

Soppa Saiyjins from Dorgou Ballru Zetto is my favorite transformation everah, especially when Trounksoru did it in front of Seru and when Bejita did it when he faced Jingonigen-hachigo. But for real, I use the FUNi pronunciation. - Soppa Saia People

mysticboy

Post by mysticboy » Sun Jul 22, 2012 2:16 am

DBZAOTA482 wrote:
Most of that was ______...?

Ringworm128
Banned

Post by Ringworm128 » Sun Jul 22, 2012 2:22 am

mysticboy wrote:
DBZAOTA482 wrote:
Oh, I know.....canon.
:mrgreen:

DBZAOTA482
Banned

Post by DBZAOTA482 » Sun Jul 22, 2012 2:27 am

mysticboy wrote:
DBZAOTA482 wrote:
Okay I exaggerated it but I still think it's a legit complaint because it's shameless padding and insults the patience of the audience.
fadeddreams5 wrote:
DBZGTKOSDH wrote:... Haven't we already gotten these in GT? Goku dies, the DBs go away, and the Namekian DBs most likely won't be used again because of the Evil Dragons.
Goku didn't die in GT. The show sucked him off so much, it was impossible to keep him in the world of the living, so he ascended beyond mortality.
jjgp1112 wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 6:31 am I'm just about done with the concept of reboots and making shows that were products of their time and impactful "new and sexy" and in line with modern tastes and sensibilities. Let stuff stay in their era and give today's kids their own shit to watch.

I always side eye the people who say "Now my kids/today's kids can experience what I did as a child!" Nigga, who gives a fuck about your childhood? You're an adult now and it was at least 15 years ago. Let the kids have their own experience instead of picking at a corpse.

Piccolo Daimaoh
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Piccolo Daimaoh » Sun Jul 22, 2012 3:48 am

"The English dub ruined Dragon Ball Z. That's why people who aren't fans of the series make fun of it so much."

No, I'm pretty sure it's all the golden-haired, monkey-tailed space warriors who spend inordinate amounts of time charging their energy beams and transforming to become even flashier golden-haired, monkey-tailed space warriors that non-fans find so laughable about DBZ, not some dub with a few jokes about weasels and ducks.

mysticboy

Post by mysticboy » Sun Jul 22, 2012 3:51 am

DBZAOTA482 wrote:Okay I exaggerated it but I still think it's a legit complaint because it's shameless padding and insults the patience of the audience.
It's a legit complaint, but so is complaining about them taking forever to charge up. Ever since Kai came out, complaints like that should've lost all relevancy and legitimacy because those problems were fixed.

DBZAOTA482
Banned

Post by DBZAOTA482 » Sun Jul 22, 2012 4:03 am

Piccolo Daimaoh wrote:, not some dub with a few jokes about weasels and ducks.
I'm pretty sure DB-bashing folks wouldn't try to justify the Japanese version as the far superior product by blaming the quality (or lack th ereof) of the dub for the negative stigma towards the show.
fadeddreams5 wrote:

DBZAOTA482
Banned

Post by DBZAOTA482 » Sun Jul 22, 2012 4:09 am

mysticboy wrote:
DBZAOTA482 wrote:Okay I exaggerated it but I still think it's a legit complaint because it's shameless padding and insults the patience of the audience.
Ever since Kai came out, complaints like that should've lost all relevancy and legitimacy because those problems were fixed.
But who outside those who are actively into Dragon Ball in general actually gives two shenrons about Kai's existence beside the kiddies that it caters to?
fadeddreams5 wrote:

[SP]
Not-So-Newbie

Post by [SP] » Sun Jul 22, 2012 7:19 am

"Dragon Ball sucks, they f**king punch like this! *Exaggerated Punch in the air*"
"Do you really like a series that relies on people getting stronger and powerful through screaming?"
Yeah. I kind of hate my friend's opinions.

MCDaveG
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MCDaveG » Sun Jul 22, 2012 8:11 am

It's this one:
''But we have a Kai, so the dub problem is fixed''
But you don't have Dragon Ball, all the filler in Z + Buu saga and GT and nobody cares about Kai!
Hahahaha, I'm so evil :twisted:
FighterZ: Funky_Strudel
PS4: Dynamixx88

Zestanor
Regular

Post by Zestanor » Sun Jul 22, 2012 8:11 am

I'm actually okay with any of the bashing... It's really not that common. You'd be surprised how many people have respect for the show, since they may have watched it casually when they were younger.