Funimation remastering the movies

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

samuraix123
I Live Here

Funimation remastering the movies

Post by samuraix123 » Wed Aug 08, 2012 9:29 pm

Hello!
Would you folks like to see Funimation remaster the movies frame by frame like the level sets? I know I would definitely buy them.
The Dragonboxes are like a middle aged woman who still looks good through simply taking good care of her skin and body with maybe a tiny bit of makeup while the Orange Bricks are like a middle aged woman who get's 50 tons of botox, makeup and plastic surgery in order to look younger and as a result looks even worse. ~ ringworm128
Still recording Toonami broadcasts on VHS after all these years!
#1 Paikuhan fan!

Chibi Gohan
Regular

Re: Funimation remastering the movies

Post by Chibi Gohan » Wed Aug 08, 2012 10:06 pm

Dragon... Boxes...
I have a Dragon Ball collection of sorts which can be seen here.

Gonstead
I Live Here

Post by Gonstead » Wed Aug 08, 2012 11:08 pm

Possibly...

But we all know they never will. The possibility of Dragon Box versions have a higher chance.
Visit DragonBallFigures for all your Dragon Ball figure info and needs!
Mayuri Kurotsuchi wrote:"In this world, nothing perfect exists. It may be a cliche after all but it's the way things are. That's precisely why ordinary men pursue the concept of perfection, it's infatuation. But ultimately I have to ask myself "What is the true meaning of being perfect?" and the answer I came up with was nothing. Not one thing. The truth of the matter is I despise perfection! If something is truly perfect, that's IT! The bottom line becomes there is no room for imagination! No space for intelligence or ability or improvement! Do you understand? To men of science like us, perfection is a dead end, a condition of hopelessness. Always strive to be better than anything that came before you but not perfect! Scientist's agonize over the attempt to achieve perfection! That's the kind of creatures we are! We take joy in trying to exceed our grasp, in trying to reach for something that in the end, we have to admit may in fact be unreachable!"
MY HOLY GRAIL (110% Serious. Please sell me one)

samuraix123
I Live Here

Post by samuraix123 » Thu Aug 09, 2012 1:37 am

Yeah, I'm hoping for the Dragonboxes as well but Funimation did do a fantastic job with the levels
The Dragonboxes are like a middle aged woman who still looks good through simply taking good care of her skin and body with maybe a tiny bit of makeup while the Orange Bricks are like a middle aged woman who get's 50 tons of botox, makeup and plastic surgery in order to look younger and as a result looks even worse. ~ ringworm128
Still recording Toonami broadcasts on VHS after all these years!
#1 Paikuhan fan!

Tanooki Kuribo
I Live Here

Post by Tanooki Kuribo » Thu Aug 09, 2012 1:44 am

At this point, FUNimation could release either the DragonBox movies or a Level-type remastering and I'd be fine either way. It's all good.

Mountain
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Mountain » Sun Aug 12, 2012 11:16 am

I'm sure, if remastered respectably like the level sets, FUNimation could do an admirable job with the movies. HOWEVER, the main draw (for me) for the DBOX versions would be the excellent audio, which FUNi wouldn't have access to, at this point. Unless of course, they did actually possess the DBOX masters, which would defeat the purpose of a remaster. Lol.

www.KristaMichaels.com