Dragon Ball AF: A reality in the maybe-not-so-near future?

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Keoro

Dragon Ball AF: A reality in the maybe-not-so-near future?

Post by Keoro » Thu Jul 28, 2005 11:33 pm

I'm planning on making at least one episode with clips of whatever multimedia I can find. The only problem is that I don't have any serious video editing software yet... If you have any ideas for the acronym, please post them here. Right now I'm thinking of something along the lines of "Arcane Force"...

*PINHEAD*
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by *PINHEAD* » Fri Jul 29, 2005 12:41 am

inb4flamez lol

April Fools. Abercrombie and Fitch. Alternate Future. *
Aren't I a clever one?

*I subsequently own all the rights to the previously mentioned titles. Payment for usage of such titles will result in a payment of your sole. I have no need of your soul.
I was voted "most unique" and "most likely to become the next existential thinker" in high school.

Rocketman
Namekian Warrior

Post by Rocketman » Fri Jul 29, 2005 12:54 am

Aw Fuck(, another one?)

Deus ex Machina
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Deus ex Machina » Fri Jul 29, 2005 12:58 am

No...just no... ._.

lost in thought
Advanced Regular

Post by lost in thought » Fri Jul 29, 2005 1:45 am

There are several reasons why this is a bad, very bad, incredibly bad, insanely bad idea; and I'll list them.

1. )
You have no liscense agreements with Toei, or Funimation Productions LTD. So the moment a project like this were to woft beneath their noses, Navare (FUNi's parent company) would legally have the right to sue you.

2. )
Making an 'episode' from clips is foolish. It would have little rhyme, reason, or flow. You would be hodge podging the entire thing, and the likely hood of it's completion would look ugly, and of poor quality.

3. )
We do not need any "AF" series'. This is a biggie. With the rumors that STILL to this very day float around the internet, of a new series, that are so strong to-date, that people will make up baseless lies to prove there is a series around that they've never seen, or has no historical reference to, and for that matter that VegettoEX/Mike, and SaiyaJedi/Julian haven't heard of; it would be downright unbearable.

4. )
We just don't need any more series... GT proved that point explicitly.

Sun_Wukong
I Live Here

Post by Sun_Wukong » Fri Jul 29, 2005 10:30 am

Or how bout, we really just dont care?

Son Goku
Regular

Post by Son Goku » Fri Jul 29, 2005 11:11 am

Sun_Wukong wrote:Or how bout, we really just dont care?
Yea, let's go with that :P
I also go by "veemonjosh".

Keoro

Post by Keoro » Fri Jul 29, 2005 12:46 pm

Clips plus some new material, some new voice-acting, disclaimer that it's just a fan project, different name, story along the lines of the one from the april fools one and a couple of other things... and still no video editing software. I just want to get this thing the best I can. DBFS: "Forgotton Story"...? *shrug*

Edit: Or maybe "Fan Story".

Conan the SSJ
I Live Here

Post by Conan the SSJ » Fri Jul 29, 2005 1:46 pm

Use Windows Media Movie Maker, you should have it on your computer.
14 years later

lost in thought
Advanced Regular

Post by lost in thought » Fri Jul 29, 2005 1:57 pm

Keoro wrote:Clips plus some new material, some new voice-acting, disclaimer that it's just a fan project, different name, story along the lines of the one from the april fools one and a couple of other things... and still no video editing software. I just want to get this thing the best I can. DBFS: "Forgotton Story"...? *shrug*

Or how about "DragonBall: this shouldn't happen because the rumors will fly and make the community of dullards more unbearable than it's been, because they will inevitably get intertwined with the rumors that still persist about DBAF" ?

Jerseymilk
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Jerseymilk » Fri Jul 29, 2005 2:42 pm

Even if you put a disclaimer, people are dumb. They won't pay attention to that. They'll still believe it's the real AF. Or some idiot who has no other goals in life will edit your clip to not have the disclaimer, then post it on forums claiming it's some lost footage of AF they found so they can feel like a "big man".
Jerseymilk: "Can I tell you something?"
B-kun: "What?"
Jerseymilk: "I see Fangirls."

MyVisionity
Banned

Post by MyVisionity » Fri Jul 29, 2005 3:02 pm

lost in thought wrote:
Keoro wrote:Clips plus some new material, some new voice-acting, disclaimer that it's just a fan project, different name, story along the lines of the one from the april fools one and a couple of other things... and still no video editing software. I just want to get this thing the best I can. DBFS: "Forgotton Story"...? *shrug*

Or how about "DragonBall: this shouldn't happen because the rumors will fly and make the community of dullards more unbearable than it's been, because they will inevitably get intertwined with the rumors that still persist about DBAF" ?
Do the rumors of AF actually still exist? I mean are there people out there who believe it truthfully?

Mirai Trunks´s Nr. 1 fan
Not-So-Newbie

Re: Dragon Ball AF: A reality in the maybe-not-so-near futur

Post by Mirai Trunks´s Nr. 1 fan » Fri Jul 29, 2005 3:04 pm

Keoro wrote:I'm planning on making at least one episode with clips of whatever multimedia I can find. The only problem is that I don't have any serious video editing software yet... If you have any ideas for the acronym, please post them here. Right now I'm thinking of something along the lines of "Arcane Force"...
Whatever you do: DON´T
^I´m with stupid^

How to keep a blonde occupied, see below.
How to keep a blonde occupied, see above.

Son Goku
Regular

Post by Son Goku » Fri Jul 29, 2005 3:15 pm

lost in thought wrote: DragonBall: this shouldn't happen because the rumors will fly and make the community of dullards more unbearable than it's been, because they will inevitably get intertwined with the rumors that still persist about DBAF
DBTSHBTRWFAMTCODMUTTBBTWIGIWTRTSPADBAF? :P
I also go by "veemonjosh".

lost in thought
Advanced Regular

Post by lost in thought » Fri Jul 29, 2005 4:29 pm

MyVisionity wrote:Do the rumors of AF actually still exist? I mean are there people out there who believe it truthfully?
To say that they still exist is an understatement. There are people who believe, yet, with every fiber of their beings; and some of them even say that they've seen the first episode.
This matter reminds me of a row that Mike, and Julian had with a user on the FUNimation forums, I won't get into it, since anyone can read it if they check Mike, or Julians old posts on the forum; but suffice it to say, he definitely tried to prove his point without any evidence... it was nearly painful to read, his conviction was strong though. Abnormally strong.
Jerseymilk wrote:Even if you put a disclaimer, people are dumb. They won't pay attention to that. They'll still believe it's the real AF. Or some idiot who has no other goals in life will edit your clip to not have the disclaimer, then post it on forums claiming it's some lost footage of AF they found so they can feel like a "big man".
Yep, thats the problem of the whole deal...
Son Goku wrote:DBTSHBTRWFAMTCODMUTTBBTWIGIWTRTSPADBAF?
If you like.

Bejiita
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Bejiita » Fri Jul 29, 2005 6:45 pm

AF was something I found out was fake when I was in school one day and I was still new to DBZ, I found out it was fake that same day.

Anyone that belives it is real is a 'baka baka'. Or as Buu says, 'Baaaka'.

Why would people even want to watch it? SSJ5? SSJ4 killed it bad enough.

From many fans views, they would even want to wacth a new DB series if Toei made it themselves. Even though they'd acknowledge it.
My DB Fan manga:
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=19169 [The new version]
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1942]Chapter 1
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=2685]Chapter 2
Photo's I've taken of the nearby neighbourhoods where I live in South London: http://www.flickr.com/photos/8306850@N08/

Pedro The Hutt
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Pedro The Hutt » Fri Jul 29, 2005 8:46 pm

Keoro wrote:Clips plus some new material, some new voice-acting,
How would that work? <.<;; Surely it'd be painfully noticeable when you'd switch from official voices to your own voice-cast.

Keoro

Post by Keoro » Sat Jul 30, 2005 12:00 am

...revoicing the entire thing? since I probably couldn't get the music to flow right with the clips and all anyway... and getting voice actors that can sound as close as possible to the US voices... (On another note, I'll probably slip my own character in there somewhere, and of course I'll be voicing my own character... Hyper Saiya-jin, here I come! (think Hyper Sonic))

Alchemist Ed
Beyond Newbie

Post by Alchemist Ed » Sat Jul 30, 2005 12:17 am

Please don't try it. It'll take you too long, and it could even add more gasoline to the already big fire known as the AF rumor (Hey, that analogy was actually pretty good! :) ).

lost in thought
Advanced Regular

Post by lost in thought » Sat Jul 30, 2005 1:37 am

Keoro wrote:..revoicing the entire thing? since I probably couldn't get the music to flow right with the clips and all anyway... and getting voice actors that can sound as close as possible to the US voices... (On another note, I'll probably slip my own character in there somewhere, and of course I'll be voicing my own character... Hyper Saiya-jin, here I come! (think Hyper Sonic))
You have no idea the kettle of fish you're tipping with this one. I'll tell you what; the whole idea is better left alone in the cold, dark, festering corner of existance it came from. We really don't need that sort of thing right now.
I plead to your sense of decentcy not to dump that kettle of fish into our laps, or else we as a more sensible, understanding community of fans will be forced to clean that up against our will, for more years than it deserves.
Son Gokou wrote:Please don't try it. It'll take you too long, and it could even add more gasoline to the already big fire known as the AF rumor (Hey, that analogy was actually pretty good!)
How right you are...

I like to think I speak for all of the smart community participants that commune here, when I say this: Please don't cause us trouble by making this, as you surely must know it will.