Question About Japanese Dragon Ball vol 26 DVD

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

superrayman3
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Question About Japanese Dragon Ball vol 26 DVD

Post by superrayman3 » Mon Sep 03, 2012 7:47 pm

I was wondering something about the Japanese Dragon Ball vol 26 DVD, does this DVD contain all the special features that its Dragon BOX counterpart does (Goku's Fire Brigade and Traffic safety PSA's, Creditless OP 1 and the special they had on FUNimation's 1995 dub of DB) or does it just have episodes 151-153?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
If anyone has any of the DB/DBZ/DBGT or Maho Tsuaki Sally Japanese single DVD's that they'd be interested in selling send me a PM and I'll see if we can work something out. ;).

The Tori-bot
I Live Here

Re: Question About Japanese Dragon Ball vol 26 DVD

Post by The Tori-bot » Mon Sep 03, 2012 7:51 pm

It's just the episodes. With the exception of the Z TV specials, all of the bonus material from the Dragon Boxes (safety videos, textless themes, commercials, "Plan to Eradicate the Saiyans", etc.) has never been officially released elsewhere.
New to the forum? Just want to know when you'll hit your next posting rank? Ever wondered why some users have special titles, and what they mean? The answers to all these questions and more are waiting for you in the Kanzenshuu Member Hierarchy Guide!!
"Of all the things to worry about... the Wookiee has no pants." -- Mark Hamill
Herms wrote:Really, you could translate either title either way and nobody would care. But God would know.

superrayman3
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by superrayman3 » Mon Sep 03, 2012 7:56 pm

The Tori-bot wrote:It's just the episodes. With the exception of the Z TV specials, all of the bonus material from the Dragon Boxes (safety videos, "Plan to Eradicate the Saiyans", etc.) has never been officially released elsewhere.
Drats I was hoping that it would, oh well thanks for clearing that up for me The Tori-bot.
If anyone has any of the DB/DBZ/DBGT or Maho Tsuaki Sally Japanese single DVD's that they'd be interested in selling send me a PM and I'll see if we can work something out. ;).

TripleRach

Post by TripleRach » Thu Sep 06, 2012 3:07 am

superrayman3 wrote:or does it just have episodes 151-153?
Actually, it has episodes 149-153. The discs are split up a little differently on the last few singles, to make up for the loss of the extras.

But yeah, you have to find the big box if you want the extras. Which just seems silly to me, because handicapping the singles just means they're potentially losing money to second-hand sellers for the boxes. I guess they were more concerned with keeping the box owners happy.
-Rachel

OutlawTorn
Regular

Post by OutlawTorn » Thu Sep 06, 2012 5:31 am

It's not an unheard of situation, even in North America. When Shout! Factory put together collector's edition of the Transformers and G.I. Joe complete series sets, they included exclusive material which were never intended to be released elsewhere and, now that those editions are out of print, unless you picked up that product there's no way to get the material.

OF course, none of this exclusive material is stuff like additional animation which would make the mass market edition seem incomplete, rather select interviews and featurettes along with items like magnets in the shape of the Transformers faction logos or G.I. Joe temporary tattoos and a "dog tag" flash stick.

Krycek7o2
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Krycek7o2 » Thu Sep 06, 2012 12:00 pm

OutlawTorn wrote:It's not an unheard of situation, even in North America. When Shout! Factory put together collector's edition of the Transformers and G.I. Joe complete series sets, they included exclusive material which were never intended to be released elsewhere and, now that those editions are out of print, unless you picked up that product there's no way to get the material.

OF course, none of this exclusive material is stuff like additional animation which would make the mass market edition seem incomplete, rather select interviews and featurettes along with items like magnets in the shape of the Transformers faction logos or G.I. Joe temporary tattoos and a "dog tag" flash stick.
They (Shout!) JUST did that again with the two Power Ranger DVD sets. The MMPR set includes two bonus discs while the Seasons 4-7 release includes one disc.

OutlawTorn
Regular

Post by OutlawTorn » Thu Sep 06, 2012 4:25 pm

Yeah, but they announced ahead of time (on their forums, at least) that the two massive boxes would contain exclusive bonus material for the super, crazy insane fans of the series willing to drop however much cash all at once instead of casually picking up the smaller releases.

Krycek7o2
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Krycek7o2 » Thu Sep 06, 2012 4:33 pm

OutlawTorn wrote:Yeah, but they announced ahead of time (on their forums, at least) that the two massive boxes would contain exclusive bonus material for the super, crazy insane fans of the series willing to drop however much cash all at once instead of casually picking up the smaller releases.
200 bucks is not that much for nearly 350 episodes to be honest. At least that's been my experience with full series releases. They even sold half the set at Comic-Con for 80, the MMPR portion.

OutlawTorn
Regular

Post by OutlawTorn » Thu Sep 06, 2012 6:00 pm

That's a steal, actually, to get that much for that price. The Transformers and G.I. Joe collector's sets were roughly $140 for 98/95 episodes. Even though the collector's sets are limited items, Shout! certainly knows how to treat their customers properly.