Age of the Characters?

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

samuraix123
I Live Here

Age of the Characters?

Post by samuraix123 » Fri Sep 14, 2012 1:23 am

Hello everyone!
Was there ever an official age guide for the characters in Dragonball Z? also How old was Goku in the Dragonball GT movie?
I can safely assure you that my grandfather is not as ripped as grandpa Goku :P
The Dragonboxes are like a middle aged woman who still looks good through simply taking good care of her skin and body with maybe a tiny bit of makeup while the Orange Bricks are like a middle aged woman who get's 50 tons of botox, makeup and plastic surgery in order to look younger and as a result looks even worse. ~ ringworm128
Still recording Toonami broadcasts on VHS after all these years!
#1 Paikuhan fan!

Beji
Regular

Re: Age of the Characters?

Post by Beji » Fri Sep 14, 2012 1:31 am

100 years since the defeat of Baby isn't it? And the planet was going to explode one year after the black star dragon balls scattered which was around the same time. so hes 101 years older than the start of GT( I don't know if that helps)

samuraix123
I Live Here

Post by samuraix123 » Fri Sep 14, 2012 1:33 am

man...101 years old huh? that's pretty awesome. thanks for the info hopefully we can more people in to answer. :)
The Dragonboxes are like a middle aged woman who still looks good through simply taking good care of her skin and body with maybe a tiny bit of makeup while the Orange Bricks are like a middle aged woman who get's 50 tons of botox, makeup and plastic surgery in order to look younger and as a result looks even worse. ~ ringworm128
#1 Paikuhan fan!

Herms
Kanzenshuu Admin Emeritus

Post by Herms » Fri Sep 14, 2012 1:44 am

My Age Guide. It's based simply on calculating from each character's official birth year to the official years each story arc is set, which sometimes leads it to be a bit off from ages given in the series itself, but it'll do until I make something more in-depth.
Kanzenshuu: Is that place still around?
Sometimes, I tweet things
We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason.

samuraix123
I Live Here

Post by samuraix123 » Fri Sep 14, 2012 1:45 am

Herms wrote:My Age Guide. It's based simply on calculating from each character's official brith year to the official years each story arc is set, which sometimes leads it to be a bit off from ages given in the series itself, but it'll do until I make something more in-depth.
Wow thank you very much Herms! I think I'll make this my birthday gift from you :D
#1 Paikuhan fan!

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Fri Sep 14, 2012 1:47 am

I don't think we know for sure since Goku could became immortal after fusing the dragon balls. So I guess he is at least over 100 years old in 153 year old body.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

Fizzer
Advanced Regular

Post by Fizzer » Fri Sep 14, 2012 5:05 am

The guide have never mentions Kaio, do we know how old he is?

In response to something in the age-guide thread, it seems likely to me that the Saiyans wouldn't age while in hibernation, they'd do something to prevent themselves wasting their life away while travelling in space. They're probably physically much younger than they really are, because they've done a lot of travelling. Even if they do age, you have to take relativistic effects into account :P

Herms

Post by Herms » Fri Sep 14, 2012 10:24 am

Fizzer wrote:The guide have never mentions Kaio, do we know how old he is?
Not specifically, but in the Super Exciting Guide: Story Volume, Toriyama says the average lifespan of Shinjin is 75,000 years, so he's presumably younger than that.

SSJGarfield

Post by SSJGarfield » Sun Sep 23, 2012 1:38 pm

I just read Herm's Age guide and according to that Bura was around 9 to 11 in GT, but when I take a look at her outfit and character design, I'm having a hard time believing she's younger then 14.

What was the idea behind that skimpy outfit?

Herms

Post by Herms » Sun Sep 23, 2012 2:09 pm

SSJGarfield wrote:What was the idea behind that skimpy outfit?
Ever see Taxi Driver?

Piccolo Daimao
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Piccolo Daimao » Sun Sep 23, 2012 3:36 pm

SSJGarfield wrote:What was the idea behind that skimpy outfit?
It's what teenage girls wear. Duh.
Holden Caulfield in [b][i]The Catcher in the Rye[/i][/b] wrote:I hope to hell when I do die somebody has sense enough to just dump me in the river or something. Anything except sticking me in a goddam cemetery. People coming and putting a bunch of flowers on your stomach on Sunday, and all that crap. Who wants flowers when you're dead? Nobody.

sonikku956
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by sonikku956 » Sun Sep 23, 2012 9:15 pm

SSJGarfield wrote:I just read Herm's Age guide and according to that Bura was around 9 to 11 in GT, but when I take a look at her outfit and character design, I'm having a hard time believing she's younger then 14.

What was the idea behind that skimpy outfit?
Japan.