V-Jump, Baby Janemba and... Toyotarou = Toyble?

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

dbgtFO
Kicks it Old-School

Re: V-Jump, Baby Janemba and... Toyotarou = Toyble?

Post by dbgtFO » Tue Sep 25, 2012 5:48 am

I much prefer direct links:
http://imageshack.us/a/img191/327/heroes1.jpg
http://imageshack.us/a/img405/1066/heroes2c.jpg
kei17 wrote:Aside from Yamamuro, I'm 99% sure that this Toyotarou is Toyble we know.
That would be pretty interesting.

Kendamu
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kendamu » Wed Sep 26, 2012 6:49 am

Gozar wrote:I don't think I've ever been so un-enthused for new DragonBall material. This just seems like the random Fanfics that people have created over the years that insert themselves into the story. Meh.
This is nothing like those fanfics! Obviously, for that to be true, there'd have to be some Shotacon Yaoi going on in there somewhere! Or something equally disturbing...! Like... Freeza... and...

I've got nothing. :lol:

I can see where you're coming from, but on the same token this is an advertisement for something that's actually interactive and aimed at children. Little kids probably love the idea of a game where they're a character in Dragon World. Heck, I bet some adults do, too, considering the whole "Dragonball Online" thing.
(they/she)

My Martial Arts Website -- https://mybudo.carrd.co

macho_man
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by macho_man » Wed Sep 26, 2012 7:30 am

First scanlation, jap => french:
ImageImage

-mod edit- a new thread has been made for scanlation specific discussion.

Tzigi
Regular

Post by Tzigi » Wed Sep 26, 2012 7:42 am

In the FanWorks section Menkyon DBAF posted the French version of this manga:
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-4TtG9916W3M/U ... DBHVM1.jpg
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-WmHzmosbV4c/U ... DBHVM2.jpg

The translation would be as follows:
page 1
The sinister Baby Janemba
Toyotaro's manga
Beat
After school Beat goes to...
Battle guide Sora
You are here, Beat!
Go ahead, try the 4th part of GM! [no idea what that is supposed to be]
Be it Cell, Freeza...
...or any other enemy, I'll defeat them!
Right!
But this time, the enemy will be a terrible one!
Time period unknown.
But where...
A super-boss-like level!
V-JUMP welcomes with pleasure a new hero: mister Toyotaro!
page 2
What?
Who is this guy?
I thought so, that you wouldn't know it, Beat. It's the result of Baby having become a parasite of a purely evil being.
Baby Janemba!
Baby and Janemba have fusionned? But it's madness!
You wanted to be the most powerful hero? Surpass yourself, Beat!
It's true... I'm not the only one to fight in Dragon Ball Heroes.
Kuu...
Let's go, boys!
Let the battle begin!

Just bear in mind that this is a translation from French and not from Japanese...

DBZGTKOSDH
Namekian Warrior

Post by DBZGTKOSDH » Wed Sep 26, 2012 8:08 am

^ Nice, thanks a lot!

Also, this story seems to take place on the Dragon World we all know and love. There is Capsule Corp. in that world, and also in the very first panel we can see the Satan City Primary School. So it could take place in the future, after GT, with the DBH game being based on the real events. So, the Saiyan boys & girls in the game could be descendants of the Z-Senshi, since they look like them.
James Teal (Animerica 1996) wrote:When you think about it, there are a number of similarities between the Chinese-inspired Son Goku and that most American of superhero icons, Superman. Both are aliens sent to Earth shortly after birth to escape the destruction of their homeworlds; both possess super-strength, flight, super-speed, heightened senses and the ability to cast energy blasts. But the crucial difference between them lies not only in how they view the world, but in how the world views them.

Superman is, and always has been, a symbol for truth, justice, and upstanding moral fortitude–a role model and leader as much as a fighter. The more down-to-earth Goku has no illusions about being responsible for maintaining social order, or for setting some kind of moral example for the entire world. Goku is simply a martial artist who’s devoted his life toward perfecting his fighting skills and other abilities. Though never shy about risking his life to save either one person or the entire world, he just doesn’t believe that the balance of the world rests in any way on his shoulders, and he has no need to shape any part of it in his image. Goku is an idealist, and believes that there is some good in everyone, but he is unconcerned with the big picture of the world…unless it has to do with some kind of fight. Politics, society, law and order don’t have much bearing on his life, but he’s a man who knows right from wrong.

sangofe
Kicks it Old-School

Post by sangofe » Wed Sep 26, 2012 10:54 am

I have to say I look forward to more of this. Maybe this could be the opportunity of seing an adult Gotenks! I really hope this gets animated!

Gozar
Advanced Regular

Post by Gozar » Wed Sep 26, 2012 11:31 am

Kendamu wrote:I can see where you're coming from, but on the same token this is an advertisement for something that's actually interactive and aimed at children. Little kids probably love the idea of a game where they're a character in Dragon World. Heck, I bet some adults do, too, considering the whole "Dragonball Online" thing.
You make a good point. I guess I just feel that with all of the lackluster stuff we've gotten over the past few years (JSAT aside), they're putting so much effort into a product that I'm not really that into. Now they're making a Manga based off of it that pertains to GT of all things.

macho_man
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by macho_man » Wed Sep 26, 2012 11:50 am

So Toyble could have a chance to be animated, just DBHeroes but... it sounds great!

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Wed Sep 26, 2012 2:28 pm

I wonder if it would be possible for Toyble to make more official Dragon Ball stuff for Shueisha? I doubt he can make his AF manga into a license product since his AF manga is based on other fan fiction ideas and we have no idea who originally created Xicor. Not to mention I doubt Shueisha would think a sequel to GT would be successful since GT was never that popular from what I've seen.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

JeffJarrett
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by JeffJarrett » Wed Sep 26, 2012 7:01 pm

It appearantly takes place in the Dragon World, but before or after the event with Goku Jr.

Dub and Peter's appearance indicates that it's not too far in the future, maybe right after GT, since Rock from the same manga appears in Dragon Ball Z.

Raykugen
Regular

Post by Raykugen » Wed Sep 26, 2012 7:09 pm

Com' on, this doesn't take place in anywhere, is just a minimanga which is doing promotion to a videogame, there is a lot of promotional mangas, this it's just a kid playing a videogame, it doesn't have the "objective" of be part of the story or canon, is just that, an advertisement in manga form.
Do you want NEW GENERATION DRAGON BALL (Z, GT..) IMAGES? In HQ? Of all characters? Click here: http://daizex.fanboyreview.net/viewtopic.php?t=17178
My Deviantart: http://raykugen.deviantart.com/
Dragon Ball Characters Project Deviantart: http://dbcproject.deviantart.com/

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Wed Sep 26, 2012 7:52 pm

I'd certainly welcome more official work from Toyble. I'm not sure what his previous job was, but it'd be pretty awesome if he could create Dragon Ball comics full-time.
She/Her
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
bisexual milf

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Wed Sep 26, 2012 10:40 pm

Raykugen wrote:Com' on, this doesn't take place in anywhere, is just a minimanga which is doing promotion to a videogame, there is a lot of promotional mangas, this it's just a kid playing a videogame, it doesn't have the "objective" of be part of the story or canon, is just that, an advertisement in manga form.
Thank you! I was going to say the same until you mention it. I think some people here over look some things. Not everything DB related is trying to fit in the timeline. No different how most DBZ movies where like Movie 2, 7 and 12.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

macho_man
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by macho_man » Wed Oct 24, 2012 8:05 pm

Thanks Nostal for the scans. Chapter 2 - New pages.
ImageImage

NeoKING
Advanced Regular

Post by NeoKING » Thu Oct 25, 2012 12:20 pm

Luud and Baby!! In official manga form!! Am I the only one who gets giddy seeing a GT character in an official manga?

*I mean official as in a manga authorized by Shueisha / Jump / Whatever; not canon.

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Thu Oct 25, 2012 12:54 pm

I want more GT characters in comic form. GT doesn't get enough love.
She/Her
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
bisexual milf

NeoKING
Advanced Regular

Post by NeoKING » Thu Oct 25, 2012 4:59 pm

That art's awesome. I'd want Toyotaro to be the artist of an official GT manga.

desirecampbell

Post by desirecampbell » Thu Oct 25, 2012 7:06 pm

Maybe I'm just forgetful, but is this the first official art of a female super saiyan?

I know there's been female super saiyans in DB Online (and apparently DB Heroes), but is this the first non-game-engine art we've seen?

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Thu Oct 25, 2012 7:38 pm

desirecampbell wrote:Maybe I'm just forgetful, but is this the first official art of a female super saiyan?

I know there's been female super saiyans in DB Online (and apparently DB Heroes), but is this the first non-game-engine art we've seen?
No, we've had art of the different female Saiyan clases before this (both normal and GT versions), and art of the Heroine for at least a year now on the website, the various V-Jump issues and even Ultimate Mission's cover art (I Think)... Hell, we even had animation of her transforming into a Super Saiyan just last month (or was it the one before?): http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... RHU#t=101s

Couldn't find it with the original music, sorry. Was pathetic because I had to search for Hoshi instead of Heroes just to find this version. -_-

Direct translations of the Korean DB Online timeline and guidebook.
My personal "canon" and BP list. (Coming Soon)

macho_man
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by macho_man » Fri Oct 26, 2012 5:37 am

NeoKING wrote:That art's awesome. I'd want Toyotaro to be the artist of an official GT manga.
He is so busy with DB Heroes and DBAF, please don't stress him! :lol:
P.S.: But it would be great too.