Just met Brian Drummond in the gym...

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Attitudefan
I Live Here

Re: Just met Brian Drummond in the gym...

Post by Attitudefan » Wed Oct 10, 2012 10:53 pm

X-Men, huh? That sounds interesting. I wonder if it's going to premiere in the U.S. also? Nothing like that's been announced recently...
He said its based off a certain comic book series. I don't remember what he said exactly but he was adamant about it over DBZ :lol:
My favourite art style (and animation) outside Toriyama who worked on Dragon Ball: Katsuyoshi Nakatsuru, Masaki Satō, Minoru Maeda, Takeo Ide, Hisashi Eguchi, Katsumi Aoshima, Tomekichi Takeuchi, Masahiro Shimanuki, Kazuya Hisada

Kingdom Heartless
I Live Here

Post by Kingdom Heartless » Thu Oct 11, 2012 4:23 am

Attitudefan wrote:
X-Men, huh? That sounds interesting. I wonder if it's going to premiere in the U.S. also? Nothing like that's been announced recently...
He said its based off a certain comic book series. I don't remember what he said exactly but he was adamant about it over DBZ :lol:
Probably feels worn out with being associated with an internet meme.
Yo! Cal's the name. Nice to meet you!
Lover of all that is pure and fun in the worlds of Dragon Ball, Jim Henson and so forth!
3DS Friend Code 1418-7854-8786. I'm always playing Pokemon, so PM me yours for Friend Safari and battling! :D

sangofe
Kicks it Old-School

Post by sangofe » Thu Oct 11, 2012 6:35 pm

Attitudefan wrote:
Hellspawn28 wrote:Sounds awesome. Did you took any pictures?
I knew someone would say that. I don't bring my phone to the gym. I live a block away, so I don't bother. I regretted that today! :lol:
I wonder if he goes there more than one time or if it was just a random time? You could check out the list of people that go there and find out xD

Attitudefan
I Live Here

Post by Attitudefan » Tue Oct 16, 2012 2:00 am

I worked out with Drummond tonight! It was pretty surreal working out with Vegeta. Drummond joked that too!

So I told him about Vegeta's wrath on Youtube; I also commented on how Sabat was, not to disrespect him, not as passionate on the role. Drummond appreciated it. He also told me that Ocean was surprised that Funimation left them cause all of a sudden they were out of work. Back then they all just started and DBZ helped all the casts break into the voice acting industry as their main career! Wow, DBZ helps everybody doesn't it?
He said back then, as he was less experienced, he lost his voice playing Vegeta! He couldn't do the role for a couple days! :lol: He says now it is natural and easy to do. Cool. Also, when he laughed he kinda sounded like Vegeta's evil cackle :lol: It's really surreal!

He is also like Vegeta: 'beasting' the weights he did. He is pretty strong! Don't mess with the "Saiyan"! :wink:

You didn't hear it from me or Drummond but Kai is coming and Vegeta is ready to go if you catch my drift.

So yeah, Mr Drummond is a really cool guy and he was much more open on talking today! Coolest voice actor ever. I also told him how I tried to imitate his Vegeta but "couldn't seem to get the evil down right." I also said everybody is waiting for his return. Just wait everybody! :D
My favourite art style (and animation) outside Toriyama who worked on Dragon Ball: Katsuyoshi Nakatsuru, Masaki Satō, Minoru Maeda, Takeo Ide, Hisashi Eguchi, Katsumi Aoshima, Tomekichi Takeuchi, Masahiro Shimanuki, Kazuya Hisada

penguintruth
Banned

Post by penguintruth » Tue Oct 16, 2012 3:30 am

Oh hey, I ran into Scott McNeil at the grocery store. Totally did.

He said that they're definitely working on the DBZ Kai dub and that Funimation would distribute it as Special Canadian Edition, with a big maple leaf on Goku's gi in place of his usual insignia.

Only they're calling it DRAGON BALL YOU BETCHA, EH.

Then Paul and Michael Dobson joined us at a Tim Horton's and we acted out our favorite SCTV sketches. Later Terry Klassen joined us at a stripclub and we prank called Peter Kelamis, pretending to be his agent with a role for him.

Never did get those groceries. Really needed those bags of milk.
Kentai wrote:Son Gokuu is a fascinating character anyway, because he is - at face value, anyway - an idiot savant. The victim of violent head trauma as an infant [...] he's a simple bumpkin with a fair share of brain damage who's natural talents to work out what's wrong compensate for his broad lack of common sense. But he's also a fighter, through and through [...] he fight until he has, in no uncertain terms, beaten his enemy on terms they can both acknowledge. He doesn't want to kill anyone, or even prove that he can win... he just wants to know he can. He's an ineffably charming bastard who's manly leanings were really incendental, and yes, the fact that he was voiced by a squeaky woman made the combination perhaps all the more charming.

Dragon Ball (Z) Kai Reviews!

Can I get a Schemen?

batistabus
Patreon Supporter

Post by batistabus » Tue Oct 16, 2012 3:32 am

:lol:

I really don't know about this...would it be legal for them to just re-dub some episodes and release them for free? I don't know...for old times sake?

songohan619
Patreon Supporter

Post by songohan619 » Tue Oct 16, 2012 3:37 am

penguintruth wrote:Oh hey, I ran into Scott McNeil at the grocery store. Totally did.

He said that they're definitely working on the DBZ Kai dub and that Funimation would distribute it as Special Canadian Edition, with a big maple leaf on Goku's gi in place of his usual insignia.

Only they're calling it DRAGON BALL YOU BETCHA, EH.

Then Paul and Michael Dobson joined us at a Tim Horton's and we acted out our favorite SCTV sketches. Later Terry Klassen joined us at a stripclub and we prank called Peter Kelamis, pretending to be his agent with a role for him.

Never did get those groceries. Really needed those bags of milk.
Ha... Ha... Ha... You sure are funny, penguintruth... Ha... Ha... Ha..

Gonstead
I Live Here

Post by Gonstead » Tue Oct 16, 2012 4:34 am

You better start bringing a camera from now on. I need me some evidence.
Visit DragonBallFigures for all your Dragon Ball figure info and needs!
Mayuri Kurotsuchi wrote:"In this world, nothing perfect exists. It may be a cliche after all but it's the way things are. That's precisely why ordinary men pursue the concept of perfection, it's infatuation. But ultimately I have to ask myself "What is the true meaning of being perfect?" and the answer I came up with was nothing. Not one thing. The truth of the matter is I despise perfection! If something is truly perfect, that's IT! The bottom line becomes there is no room for imagination! No space for intelligence or ability or improvement! Do you understand? To men of science like us, perfection is a dead end, a condition of hopelessness. Always strive to be better than anything that came before you but not perfect! Scientist's agonize over the attempt to achieve perfection! That's the kind of creatures we are! We take joy in trying to exceed our grasp, in trying to reach for something that in the end, we have to admit may in fact be unreachable!"
MY HOLY GRAIL (110% Serious. Please sell me one)

Fizzer
Advanced Regular

Post by Fizzer » Tue Oct 16, 2012 4:49 am

Gonstead wrote:You better start bringing a camera from now on. I need me some evidence.
This. Just ask if you can get a picture. If Kai is coming, that's brilliant, but we can't completely believe it quite yet.

tinlunlau
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by tinlunlau » Tue Oct 16, 2012 10:08 am

Gonstead wrote:You better start bringing a camera from now on. I need me some evidence.

Sometimes, it's best not to do the typical fanboy activity (eg. ask for a photo, ask for autograph).
You'd want to leave them a good impression. I've learned this over the years. Heck, even Guillermo del Toro (director of "Hellboy") appreciated the notion. And yes, I've hung out with GDT back in April. It was freakin' awesome!!!

Speaking of which, I remember meeting Scott McNeil many years ago in Toronto and his voice was just deep!
The world is your's.

Solidus
Beyond Newbie

Post by Solidus » Tue Oct 16, 2012 12:51 pm

Attitudefan wrote:I worked out with Drummond tonight! It was pretty surreal working out with Vegeta. Drummond joked that too!

So I told him about Vegeta's wrath on Youtube; I also commented on how Sabat was, not to disrespect him, not as passionate on the role. Drummond appreciated it. He also told me that Ocean was surprised that Funimation left them cause all of a sudden they were out of work. Back then they all just started and DBZ helped all the casts break into the voice acting industry as their main career! Wow, DBZ helps everybody doesn't it?
He said back then, as he was less experienced, he lost his voice playing Vegeta! He couldn't do the role for a couple days! :lol: He says now it is natural and easy to do. Cool. Also, when he laughed he kinda sounded like Vegeta's evil cackle :lol: It's really surreal!

He is also like Vegeta: 'beasting' the weights he did. He is pretty strong! Don't mess with the "Saiyan"! :wink:

You didn't hear it from me or Drummond but Kai is coming and Vegeta is ready to go if you catch my drift.

So yeah, Mr Drummond is a really cool guy and he was much more open on talking today! Coolest voice actor ever. I also told him how I tried to imitate his Vegeta but "couldn't seem to get the evil down right." I also said everybody is waiting for his return. Just wait everybody! :D
So any idea on time frame or what stage this dub is at? Is this still considered the "UK dub"?

Thanks again for the info Attitudefan.

Avenged
Advanced Regular

Post by Avenged » Tue Oct 16, 2012 1:03 pm

Exactly...pics or it didn't happen.
Dragon Blog Z - A Dragon Ball Z Community

TheBlackPaladin
I Live Here

Post by TheBlackPaladin » Tue Oct 16, 2012 1:19 pm

Nah, there's no need for pics. I would think it a tad weird to go hunting a voice actor for pics and autographs outside of an environment (like a con) where it would be totally appropriate and expected to ask for that sort of thing. When (and if) the Ocean dub of Kai airs, and with Drummond as Vegeta, that'll be all the proof I would want.

Besides, even if Attitudefan were to obtain a pic, that's still not proof that Drummond said anything about the Kai dub. I'll take Attitudefan's word for it until the Kai dub airs.
A "rather haggard" translation of a line from Future Gohan in DBZ, provided to FUNimation by Toei:
"To think of fighting that is this fun...so, it was pleasant fight, as many as, therefore is a feeling which is good the fight where."

elcrunkus

Post by elcrunkus » Tue Oct 16, 2012 1:28 pm

I wouldn't ask for his pic and act all over the top fanboyish at a non convention. I'm just curious as to when will end up seeing this dub.

Beji
Regular

Post by Beji » Tue Oct 16, 2012 3:07 pm

Avenged wrote:Exactly...pics or it didn't happen.
\

Yuk... Maybe if they become good friends but I don't think he needs to put up evidence. If you don't believe him it's fine. He's either telling us the truth(which I feel he is) or he's a liar. The news is either a. awesome or b. a waste of people's time but a funny thread nonetheless. I'd love the idea of Ocean giving a consistent dub of Kai(like quality of the VAs). I'd also love the idea of working out with him :lol: lucky you.

Avenged
Advanced Regular

Post by Avenged » Tue Oct 16, 2012 3:49 pm

Yeah I would love for Ocean to dub Kai, it's going to happen eventually. But nah I don't need pictures, was just poking fun. But I would like to ask, where exactly did Attitudefan meet him at...? By that I mean what part of Canada. And hey I don't think it will be that bad for a picture if he has already "worked out" with him on a few occasions and they already discussed DBZ. Speaking of working out, did you guys lift weights to...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tRdWgKvpvaQ

:lol:

Attitudefan
I Live Here

Post by Attitudefan » Tue Oct 16, 2012 6:00 pm

Well if you don't believe me too bad cause I'm not making it up!

He did not say he's coming back as Vegeta but he was more open about a redub.

Look, fine don't believe me than it is your loss. I could take a picture but it's a bit strange don't you think?

Thing is, I wouldn't make stuff like this up, I TALKED TO HIM!! Anyways, according to him Kai is coming with the ocean actors. 'Kay? Okay.
Yeah I would love for Ocean to dub Kai, it's going to happen eventually. But nah I don't need pictures, was just poking fun. But I would like to ask, where exactly did Attitudefan meet him at...? By that I mean what part of Canada. And hey I don't think it will be that bad for a picture if he has already "worked out" with him on a few occasions and they already discussed DBZ. Speaking of working out, did you guys lift weights to...
I always lift weights. He did too yesterday. He was doing a dumbell press with 60 lbs weights. I was near him a few benches away. It was cool.

Vancouver.

Avenged
Advanced Regular

Post by Avenged » Tue Oct 16, 2012 6:43 pm

Attitudefan wrote:Well if you don't believe me too bad cause I'm not making it up!

He did not say he's coming back as Vegeta but he was more open about a redub.

Look, fine don't believe me than it is your loss. I could take a picture but it's a bit strange don't you think?

Thing is, I wouldn't make stuff like this up, I TALKED TO HIM!! Anyways, according to him Kai is coming with the ocean actors. 'Kay? Okay.
I always lift weights. He did too yesterday. He was doing a dumbell press with 60 lbs weights. I was near him a few benches away. It was cool.

Vancouver.
Not too as in "as well" but to as in that music video.

dbboxkaifan
Banned

Post by dbboxkaifan » Tue Oct 16, 2012 6:53 pm

Attitudefan wrote:He was doing a dumbell press with 60 lbs weights. I was near him a few benches away. It was cool.
Aren't kilograms (+ metric system in general) the system used in Canada or are you just more accustomed to the Imperial system of US?
FUNimation 2015 Releases I want:
- Kai 2.0 on Blu-ray

penguintruth
Banned

Post by penguintruth » Tue Oct 16, 2012 6:57 pm

Today I ran into David Kaye at my proctologist. We were both getting a cleansing, how about that?

Oh, and he says he's definitely working on Dragon Ball You Betcha, Eh.

I got a picture with him, but Don Brown and Ted Cole jumped me in the parking lot and smashed my cell phone. I even dropped my copy of Scott Pilgrim's Precious Little Life, colored edition. Luckily, Brad Swaile come to my rescue. We both went to Pizza Pizza, then back to his place for some Moslon Golden and a Degrassi marathon.

Just wanted to keep you guys updated.
Kentai wrote:Son Gokuu is a fascinating character anyway, because he is - at face value, anyway - an idiot savant. The victim of violent head trauma as an infant [...] he's a simple bumpkin with a fair share of brain damage who's natural talents to work out what's wrong compensate for his broad lack of common sense. But he's also a fighter, through and through [...] he fight until he has, in no uncertain terms, beaten his enemy on terms they can both acknowledge. He doesn't want to kill anyone, or even prove that he can win... he just wants to know he can. He's an ineffably charming bastard who's manly leanings were really incendental, and yes, the fact that he was voiced by a squeaky woman made the combination perhaps all the more charming.

Dragon Ball (Z) Kai Reviews!

Can I get a Schemen?