"Something Cool" Relating to FUNi's Dragon Boxes Next Year?

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

sbk
Beyond Newbie

Re: "Something Cool" Relating to FUNi's Dragon Boxes Next Ye

Post by sbk » Wed Nov 21, 2012 10:20 pm

Rory wrote:
sbk wrote:The movies are trainwrecks. I did enjoy the Garlic Jr. one very much though from what I remember.

I could care less about the movies, I really hope they release a Dragon Ball Dragon Box.
Bold statement, some of the Dragon Ball movies are really good. Well animated, with cool new characters, short enough to keep your attention, but long enough for you to feel it was more than a well animated episode. Some of them have really cool stories too (like movie 13).
I think "trainwrecks" is a bit over the top (like, really over the top). Personally, I consider the anime to be a waste of time in you own the manga, so it's all about what you want from the series.
My response was over the top. Fusion Reborn and Dead Zone are really enjoyable. Wrath of the Dragon is OK. But the rest though.. I can't find too many redeeming qualities about them.

DragonBoxZTheMovies
I Live Here

Post by DragonBoxZTheMovies » Wed Nov 21, 2012 10:39 pm

Gokuden wrote:T_T I want the complete DBZ with fillers.
Podcast Episode 46:
VegettoEX: "...I would like to say that the word filler does not need to be pluralized when talking about it in TV shows, 'kay, please, thanks."

Andrew: "I love the things that annoy you. Just certain things that get on your nerves that I would never think would bother anyone."
Sorry, couldn't resist an opportunity to quote the podcast (I just happen to be listening to that episode when I read your post :lol: ...by the way, would you happen to be the Gokuden from way back in like, '07.

As for Dragon Boxes....*looks at user name. I'd quite like a Dragon Ball Dragon Box as well though since it would be a perfect opportunity for me to see most of the series for the first time.

I gotta feeling that the next Dragon Box release (whichever part of the series it is) is gonna sell like hotcakes since people have seen what happened to Dragon Box 2.

Pokewhiz7
I Live Here

Post by Pokewhiz7 » Fri Nov 23, 2012 7:02 pm

If it is a Dragon Ball Dragon Box, I really hope that they include the eyecatchers!

Metalwario64
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Metalwario64 » Fri Nov 23, 2012 7:06 pm

Pokewhiz7 wrote:If it is a Dragon Ball Dragon Box, I really hope that they include the eyecatchers!
Why wouldn't they? Also, just for future reference, it's supposed to be eyecatches. :)
"Kenshi is sitting down right now drawing his mutated spaghetti monsters thinking he's the shit..."--Neptune Kai
"90% of you here don't even know what you're talking about (there are a few that do). But the things you say about these releases are nonsense and just plain dumb. Like you Metalwario64"--final_flash

Pokewhiz7
I Live Here

Post by Pokewhiz7 » Fri Nov 23, 2012 7:07 pm

Metalwario64 wrote:
Pokewhiz7 wrote:If it is a Dragon Ball Dragon Box, I really hope that they include the eyecatchers!
Why wouldn't they? Also, just for future reference, it's supposed to be eyecatches. :)
That was the joke, ha ha. Sorry. I just thought it would be funny to post that after the "fillers" correction.

DBZfan29
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by DBZfan29 » Sun Nov 25, 2012 11:33 am

I have this crazy idea that they might just re-release the Z boxes again. Dragon Box 2 for $500 is a crime. Does anyone feel they'd put them back in production?
An interviewer asks, "The soundtrack in Sonic 3 has become legendary. Is it true that you worked with Michael Jackson on it?" Takashi Iizuka kills all of our hopes and dreams by replying, "You know, those are just rumors, and SEGA does not want to say anything about them. So they will forever be just rumors..." WHY!?

LiamKav
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by LiamKav » Sun Nov 25, 2012 11:44 am

Metalwario64 wrote:
The season sets include the eyecatches. So yeah, there's no reason why any Dragon Box wouldn't.

I'm also holding off on buying the rest of the season sets in case they do a Dragon Box version. I want my accurate openings and endings, damnit!

Vegeta1984
Beyond Newbie

Post by Vegeta1984 » Sun Dec 02, 2012 4:07 pm

I wish they would just canceled the damn Orange Bricks and Kept the Dragon Boxes in stock.... The prices for Dragon Boxes nowadays are insane...
XBox Live GamerTag - PSYCHO50501
http://www.facebook.com/daniel.j.williams3
BATMAN ARKHAM CITY - October 18, 2011

Insertclevername
I Live Here

Post by Insertclevername » Sun Dec 02, 2012 9:39 pm

DBZfan29 wrote:I have this crazy idea that they might just re-release the Z boxes again. Dragon Box 2 for $500 is a crime. Does anyone feel they'd put them back in production?
I hope you're right, but only time will tell I guess.
Cipher wrote:Also, you can seriously like whatever and still get laid. That's a revelation that'll hit you at some point.

Kendamu
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kendamu » Mon Dec 03, 2012 3:30 am

Insertclevername wrote:
DBZfan29 wrote:I have this crazy idea that they might just re-release the Z boxes again. Dragon Box 2 for $500 is a crime. Does anyone feel they'd put them back in production?
I hope your right, but only time will tell I guess.
I don't know if it'd be the original release, but maybe some sort of budget box set with just the episodes and no books or anything would be reasonable.
(they/she)

My Martial Arts Website -- https://mybudo.carrd.co

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Mon Dec 03, 2012 3:34 am

Kendamu wrote:I don't know if it'd be the original release, but maybe some sort of budget box set with just the episodes and no books or anything would be reasonable.
Assuming it was the same DVDs, cover art and all, I might actually be down with that idea (though I still want the other boxes). I could afford to double up on a budget release in case anything happens to my originals, nice to have backups.
Direct translations of the Korean DB Online timeline and guidebook.
My personal "canon" and BP list. (Coming Soon)

email2003
Beyond Newbie

Post by email2003 » Tue Dec 04, 2012 1:06 am

Did DragonBall ever have episode previews?

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Tue Dec 04, 2012 1:08 am

email2003 wrote:Did DragonBall ever have episode previews?
Yes, right before the ending like any other cartoon.
She/Her
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
bisexual milf

Insertclevername
I Live Here

Post by Insertclevername » Tue Dec 04, 2012 4:38 pm

JulieYBM wrote:
email2003 wrote:Did DragonBall ever have episode previews?
Yes, right before the ending like any other cartoon.
Well, after the ending by Dragon Box standards. :wink:
Cipher wrote:Also, you can seriously like whatever and still get laid. That's a revelation that'll hit you at some point.

Kendamu
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kendamu » Tue Dec 04, 2012 5:11 pm

TheDevilsCorpse wrote:
Kendamu wrote:I don't know if it'd be the original release, but maybe some sort of budget box set with just the episodes and no books or anything would be reasonable.
Assuming it was the same DVDs, cover art and all, I might actually be down with that idea (though I still want the other boxes). I could afford to double up on a budget release in case anything happens to my originals, nice to have backups.
That would be the idea. Just, instead of a cool box with books, it'd be in a Brick-style case or a thicker version of a standard DVD case.
(they/she)

My Martial Arts Website -- https://mybudo.carrd.co

Gokuden
Regular

Post by Gokuden » Wed Dec 12, 2012 2:34 am

DragonBoxZTheMovies wrote:
Gokuden wrote:T_T I want the complete DBZ with fillers.
Podcast Episode 46:
VegettoEX: "...I would like to say that the word filler does not need to be pluralized when talking about it in TV shows, 'kay, please, thanks."

Andrew: "I love the things that annoy you. Just certain things that get on your nerves that I would never think would bother anyone."
Sorry, couldn't resist an opportunity to quote the podcast (I just happen to be listening to that episode when I read your post :lol: ...by the way, would you happen to be the Gokuden from way back in like, '07.

As for Dragon Boxes....*looks at user name. I'd quite like a Dragon Ball Dragon Box as well though since it would be a perfect opportunity for me to see most of the series for the first time.

I gotta feeling that the next Dragon Box release (whichever part of the series it is) is gonna sell like hotcakes since people have seen what happened to Dragon Box 2.
I'm pretty excited for the announcement, and when it will come. I really don't have a huge lust for the DBZ Dragon Boxes because I can only complete them by buying the overpriced sets, but I see myself putting the boxes in my cart from time to time, only to delete the quantity.

I really wish FUNi could continue the lovely work they were doing on the DragonBall Z Levels for Blu-Ray, now that's a great investment; hard BD disks, 2 audio tracks; the original japanese and the Bruce Faulconer epic mash-up.

I also want DragonBall Level Blu-rays.

But because I'm so creative, I think they're coming out with DVD and BD versions of the DragonBall + Z Dragon Boxes. I believe in Gen Fukunaga.

Btw, who is this 2007 Gokuden? Why was I able to take his username lol?

I'll just refer to filler as Fillaaaa.
That time your teacher asked you to draw Cell in biology class.
This man is my hero:
To be perfectly honest, I couldn't care less about the fans a re-issue might alienate because if all they're concerned about is being able to scalp the people who were either unaware of the Dragon Boxes or couldn't afford them at the time, they're just leeches and deserve to have their greed backfire on them.

Metalwario64
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Metalwario64 » Wed Dec 12, 2012 4:50 am

Gokuden wrote:Btw, who is this 2007 Gokuden? Why was I able to take his username lol?
He got banned for constantly praising and advocating his Dragon Box bootlegs.
"Kenshi is sitting down right now drawing his mutated spaghetti monsters thinking he's the shit..."--Neptune Kai
"90% of you here don't even know what you're talking about (there are a few that do). But the things you say about these releases are nonsense and just plain dumb. Like you Metalwario64"--final_flash

Gokuden
Regular

Post by Gokuden » Wed Dec 12, 2012 5:37 am

Metalwario64 wrote:
Gokuden wrote:Btw, who is this 2007 Gokuden? Why was I able to take his username lol?
He got banned for constantly praising and advocating his Dragon Box bootlegs.
And I thought I was lucky that this username hadn't been taken.
I guess I better change it somewhere down the line because people keep asking me that question.

In 07 I couldn't afford anything, let alone bootlegs of this series.
The Time Traveller wrote:
Krycek7o2 wrote:T...
You have the best avatar ever! Bulma x Goku for life!
That time your teacher asked you to draw Cell in biology class.
This man is my hero:
To be perfectly honest, I couldn't care less about the fans a re-issue might alienate because if all they're concerned about is being able to scalp the people who were either unaware of the Dragon Boxes or couldn't afford them at the time, they're just leeches and deserve to have their greed backfire on them.

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Fri Dec 14, 2012 4:00 pm

Vegeta1984 wrote:I wish they would just canceled the damn Orange Bricks and Kept the Dragon Boxes in stock.... The prices for Dragon Boxes nowadays are insane...
I doubt that will happen since it seems like they still sell the orange bricks at local stores like Best Buy and Target. The orange bricks sold so well is because of the nostalgia. The causal fans bought them since they were cheap and they can re-vist their childhood. The DBZ Boxes are targeted to the hard core fans and I doubt a casual buyer would spend $60-$80 on them.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

Rukura
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Rukura » Fri Dec 14, 2012 5:28 pm

I'm just hoping for more Dragon Boxes, even if it's for GT. (or a re-release of the Z ones, since a lot of people missed out on those)

It would be kinda funny if they released the Dragon Box Z singles, for some reason.
Full checklist of all Xenoverse clothing pieces, accessories and Z-Souls (Many thanks to jrdemr for the Z-Souls sheet): https://www.dropbox.com/s/u8vxc8m0fehev ... .xlsx?dl=0