Most epic parts in the series.

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

theawesomepossum777
Beyond Newbie

Most epic parts in the series.

Post by theawesomepossum777 » Sat Dec 15, 2012 7:11 pm

Pretty much what the title says.

The most epic moment for me is Goku's penetration against Piccolo Daimao (god, that sounds wrong). He literally is putting everything he has into that one punch. He is broken except for one arm.... The oozaru shadow is a nice touch too. It's so satisfying after witnessing what Piccolo has done. Even though it comes all crashing down when you see Piccolo is reincarnated though.

DBZnut
Not-So-Newbie

Re: Most epic parts in the series.

Post by DBZnut » Sat Dec 15, 2012 7:28 pm

Hard choice!

I personally loved when Tien stopped cell, so great to see him do that.

When Majin Vegeta comes into the world tournament arena and gives goku that speech, that was epic.

I'll edit when i think of some more
Oh, hi there.

sbk
Beyond Newbie

Post by sbk » Sat Dec 15, 2012 8:15 pm

There's too many, but

Fizzer
Advanced Regular

Post by Fizzer » Sat Dec 15, 2012 8:20 pm

I have to agree about a broken Goku flying through Daimao's chest and then bursting into tears with a cry of "I DID IT!".

Other possibilities include:

When Goku is flying on Kinto-Un to the RRA's headquarters in the anime, when the song plays and he thinks back to everything that happened in the arc.

The whole Frieza battle in the anime. Highlights include when Goku almost drowns, the vision of Vegeta's ghost, forming the spirit bomb (particularly with Faulconer, in this rare case), and the "last two on the planet" scenario.

Trunks' first visit from the future.

Gohan's ascension.

Goku's sacrifice against Cell, and his spirit helping Gohan.

hleV
Banned

Post by hleV » Sat Dec 15, 2012 9:26 pm

I really liked Vegeta's Final Flash pwning Cell's "perfect" body.

TheMightyOzaru
Banned

Post by TheMightyOzaru » Sat Dec 15, 2012 9:50 pm

Its hard to choose to be honest but here are my top 3:
Vegeta ascends to Super Saiyan
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LzHaHLdpOVI
Gohan ascends to SSJ2
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Egan7LJfi_4
Vegeta sacrifices himself for everyone
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Txe1OK55nAE
Vegeta: "Funny... I seem to recall Kakarot being fed the same information right before he transformed; the distinct look on your faces when he went Super Saiyan didn't exactly inspire confidence. One does not predict or calculate power like ours."
Youtube channel:
http://www.youtube.com/user/ThePrinceOfSaiyajins
My 3DS Friend Code:
2707-1669-7946

Rory
I Live Here

Post by Rory » Sat Dec 15, 2012 11:19 pm

S'gotta be the foot Kamehameha.

Jackal puFF
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Jackal puFF » Sat Dec 15, 2012 11:29 pm

As soon as Krillin died, you just knew something epic was coming.. And it did. I was pretty surprised when Goku sacrificed himself and thought that was pretty epic.

Cipher
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Cipher » Sun Dec 16, 2012 12:25 am

Goku challenging Freeza near the end of the Namek arc.

For that matter, pretty much any time the anime plays that "dun-dun-dun" track.

penguintruth
Banned

Post by penguintruth » Sun Dec 16, 2012 12:50 am

Hm, while I object to the abuse of the word "epic", I did do this article for my blog some time back about my favorite animated moments. Many of the embedded YT videos are down now, though.
Kentai wrote:Son Gokuu is a fascinating character anyway, because he is - at face value, anyway - an idiot savant. The victim of violent head trauma as an infant [...] he's a simple bumpkin with a fair share of brain damage who's natural talents to work out what's wrong compensate for his broad lack of common sense. But he's also a fighter, through and through [...] he fight until he has, in no uncertain terms, beaten his enemy on terms they can both acknowledge. He doesn't want to kill anyone, or even prove that he can win... he just wants to know he can. He's an ineffably charming bastard who's manly leanings were really incendental, and yes, the fact that he was voiced by a squeaky woman made the combination perhaps all the more charming.

Dragon Ball (Z) Kai Reviews!

Can I get a Schemen?

B
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by B » Sun Dec 16, 2012 12:59 am

I like the suspenseful scenes. Freeza surviving the Genki Dama, the Androids showing up to Kame House with a sick Goku no more than 20 feet away, Cell surviving his own explosion and killing Trunks, Majin Buu finds God's Lookout... "Epic" is a pretty overused term, but the sense of impending doom and that the worst is about to happen makes for palpable, thriller-esque drama.

(Thinking about it, that Cell scene shouldn't be as effective as it is considering it kind of retreads on that Freeza/Genki Dama scene, but it works. That's just the genius of Toriyama, I suppose.)
Keen Observation of Dragon Ball Z Movie 4's Climax wrote:Slug shits to see the genki

Jodaku
Beyond Newbie

Post by Jodaku » Sun Dec 16, 2012 9:34 am

The whole confrontation of Majin Vegeta trying to convince Goku to fight him in the Tenkaichi Budokai ring. It was just awesome drama.