Beautiful Screen Shots From the Season Set Booklets.

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Metalwario64
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: Beautiful Screen Shots From the Season Set Booklets.

Post by Metalwario64 » Mon Dec 17, 2012 12:01 am

I'm pretty sure Piccolo's cape is unfinished, and I'm pretty sure because I believe that's one of those parallax pans where characters further back move slower than the ones in front, so Piccolo's right side would always be covered by Kaioshin's left side.
"Kenshi is sitting down right now drawing his mutated spaghetti monsters thinking he's the shit..."--Neptune Kai
"90% of you here don't even know what you're talking about (there are a few that do). But the things you say about these releases are nonsense and just plain dumb. Like you Metalwario64"--final_flash

fps_anth
Advanced Regular

Post by fps_anth » Mon Dec 17, 2012 4:14 am

That's what I'm talking about. Get on that blu ray remaster Toei!

Any less than this and I'm not impressed ;)

kei17
I Live Here

Post by kei17 » Mon Dec 17, 2012 6:04 am

Metalwario64 wrote:These will definitely help for people into color correcting.
Yeah, I really appreciate these kinds of official cel shots. Thanks Tanooki! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u85RMDBx-4s

dbboxkaifan
Banned

Post by dbboxkaifan » Mon Dec 17, 2012 9:28 am

fps_anth wrote:That's what I'm talking about. Get on that blu ray remaster Toei!

Any less than this and I'm not impressed ;)
They kind of already done it but it wasn't really properly remastered. It's called Kai.
FUNimation 2015 Releases I want:
- Kai 2.0 on Blu-ray

sbk
Beyond Newbie

Post by sbk » Mon Dec 17, 2012 2:47 pm

Those look beautiful. Too bad they remastered the Dragon Boxes in 480p instead of HD. I wonder if it really is that expensive to make a new HD master that they still haven't got to it and didn't do it for Kai, or if Toei is just being stingy. I mean even Funimation could do it.

And it's crazy how much better the art on these look compared to the newer modern animation from the BoG trailer/2008 special.

Attitudefan
I Live Here

Post by Attitudefan » Wed Dec 19, 2012 3:36 pm

sbk wrote:Those look beautiful. Too bad they remastered the Dragon Boxes in 480p instead of HD. I wonder if it really is that expensive to make a new HD master that they still haven't got to it and didn't do it for Kai, or if Toei is just being stingy. I mean even Funimation could do it.

And it's crazy how much better the art on these look compared to the newer modern animation from the BoG trailer/2008 special.
Cel art is great, especially the old rounder style of DB/Z
My favourite art style (and animation) outside Toriyama who worked on Dragon Ball: Katsuyoshi Nakatsuru, Masaki Satō, Minoru Maeda, Takeo Ide, Hisashi Eguchi, Katsumi Aoshima, Tomekichi Takeuchi, Masahiro Shimanuki, Kazuya Hisada