Subliminal messages in Dragonball Z!

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Son Goku
Regular

Post by Son Goku » Fri Sep 09, 2005 8:57 am

I didn't personally notice Lucifer looked like Dabura until SJ pointed it out :lol: . Makes sence though, aren't they pretty much the same person? :P
I also go by "veemonjosh".

Jerseymilk
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Jerseymilk » Fri Sep 09, 2005 5:47 pm

Ya except that the Dabura in DBZ is an evil guy that gets killed by Buu and the Lucifer in Sandland just seems like a powerful, yet pretty laid-back father and ruler. :P
Jerseymilk: "Can I tell you something?"
B-kun: "What?"
Jerseymilk: "I see Fangirls."

Mr. Robot
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Mr. Robot » Sat Sep 10, 2005 7:09 pm

A note on Mr. Popo: He looks more Indian to me. What, with the turban, and the flying carpet? Also the clothes... And I'm not being stereotypical. My ancestry is from India...I'm just saying he looks more like an Indian stereotype than a black one, apart from the lips.

Dayspring
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Dayspring » Sun Sep 11, 2005 1:06 pm

Mr. Robot wrote:A note on Mr. Popo: He looks more Indian to me. What, with the turban, and the flying carpet?
:lol: I'm sorry, but the flying carpet part made me laugh. I know what you mean, but you have to take it into real-life context.

I can see it now:
"Y'see that dork riding a flying carpet instead of driving a car like normal people? It's because of jerks like him hat we're stereotyped like this!"
"Meh. He probably just saves a lot on gas."
Captain Christopher Pike wrote:The away team will consist of myself, Cadet Kirk, Mr. Sulu, and Ensign Olsen.
Freeza Heika wrote: for the land of the cool, and the home of the Appule
The Geeky Gentleman: For all your comics, movies, TV and other geeky needs.