Picture Suggestions / Requests?

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Leotaku
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Leotaku » Tue Nov 15, 2005 7:11 am

Dominator: Alright then. Just colour it dark red. :P

Dayspring: Jebus, that's the most specific request I've ever gotten. :o

I still don't actually know what the royal guards look like though.

And by your description, is that 3 Oozarus you listed? Bardock, King Vegeta, and a royal guard? Or multiple royal guards?

And lastly, are all the Oozarus supposed to be farther back then? I'm getting like a third person view of freeza in front of a bunch of Oozaru's 'cause I dunno what else would work with all that. :lol:

Xyex: OK, that's enough to know then.

I won't be able to get to these as quickly as the last requests. I have some stuff to do for school. It might take me a while, at least a week or more.
But hey, I've been doing these for FREE, so no one complain. :roll:

Dayspring
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Dayspring » Tue Nov 15, 2005 9:55 am

Leotaku wrote: Dayspring: Jebus, that's the most specific request I've ever gotten. :o

I still don't actually know what the royal guards look like though.

And by your description, is that 3 Oozarus you listed? Bardock, King Vegeta, and a royal guard? Or multiple royal guards?

And lastly, are all the Oozarus supposed to be farther back then? I'm getting like a third person view of freeza in front of a bunch of Oozaru's 'cause I dunno what else would work with all that. :lol:
Well a pic I found of the Saiyans that fought with King Vegeta when he died only had simple elite warriors and none of the capes+Paragus-colored armor. Maybe have Bardock large (but not as big as Vegeta in Damn Dirty Ape so that he doesn't take up all the room) since he's closest to Freeza, King Vegeta and the other Oozaru about half the size since they're in the bg, and maybe place a few specs of flying Oozaru waaay in the bg (ie: they're small since they're not part of the fight yet).For the non-Bardock+King Oozaru, I guess use Nappa's armor as a base since that's what they were all wearing in the filler scene.
Captain Christopher Pike wrote:The away team will consist of myself, Cadet Kirk, Mr. Sulu, and Ensign Olsen.
Freeza Heika wrote: for the land of the cool, and the home of the Appule
The Geeky Gentleman: For all your comics, movies, TV and other geeky needs.

Mirai Trunks´s Nr. 1 fan
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Mirai Trunks´s Nr. 1 fan » Tue Nov 15, 2005 2:35 pm

I´d like one of Gohan (Saiyan arc, Raditz part) kicking Raditz´s butt! (not litterally)
^I´m with stupid^

How to keep a blonde occupied, see below.
How to keep a blonde occupied, see above.

Zackarotto
I Live Here

Post by Zackarotto » Tue Nov 15, 2005 4:55 pm

I was thinking, how about a picture of Perfect Cell slaughtering the military to protect the Cell Games arena? I love those moments where idiot humans think they stand a chance against whoever is currently threatening Earth. Specifically the part where they're proven wrong. I also love Cell, so it works out pretty well for me.

With that said, Cell owning Mr. Satan would also be cool, but I'd be more interested to see him tearing through some tanks or fighter planes. It's not as common, for one thing. And I think the way he actually dealt with them was with a few ki blasts from afar. But who wants something that has been shown already?

Dominator
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Dominator » Tue Nov 15, 2005 6:35 pm

Hey Leotaku, seeing as how so many people are making requests, you don't have to do mine so soon. I can wait a good while.
[url=http://www.freewebs.com/vendavaleste/]Carrion - The Dominator Fansite[/url]

Leotaku
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Leotaku » Wed Nov 16, 2005 7:06 am

Dayspring: Alright, I'll see if I can make that work..
I'm just curious though, have Oozaru ever actually been shown flying? I mean, I don't care about the authenticity, I'm just asking. :P

Mirai Trunks´s Nr. 1 fan: You mean that headbutt?

Zackarotto: Not that I know anything about drawing anything BUT people (and monsters...)...I could still have fun with that one. Sure.

By the way, Mirai Trunks´s Nr. 1 fan and Zackarotto, could you provide some screencaps for me to use as reference? There's a bunch here, sorted by episode: http://www.myfavoritegames.com/
Or, if you can find them anywhere else. It's the least you can do to help, since I'm doing these for free.
That goes for anyone else who may request in the future; if it's an existing scene, reference would help, thanks.

Dominator: Ah, don't worry about it. I always just go in order of who requested. You were first anyway.
:wink:
Thanks though.

Dayspring
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Dayspring » Wed Nov 16, 2005 11:29 am

Leotaku wrote:Dayspring: Alright, I'll see if I can make that work..
I'm just curious though, have Oozaru ever actually been shown flying? I mean, I don't care about the authenticity, I'm just asking. :P

Mirai Trunks´s Nr. 1 fan: You mean that headbutt?

Zackarotto: Not that I know anything about drawing anything BUT people (and monsters...)...I could still have fun with that one. Sure.

By the way, Mirai Trunks´s Nr. 1 fan and Zackarotto, could you provide some screencaps for me to use as reference? There's a bunch here, sorted by episode: http://www.myfavoritegames.com/
Or, if you can find them anywhere else. It's the least you can do to help, since I'm doing these for free.
That goes for anyone else who may request in the future; if it's an existing scene, reference would help, thanks.

Dominator: Ah, don't worry about it. I always just go in order of who requested. You were first anyway.
:wink:
Thanks though.
The only Oozaru shown to fly or have control of itself was Vegeta when he fought Goku.

Here's some pics from movie 8 of the Royal Guard: Image
Captain Christopher Pike wrote:The away team will consist of myself, Cadet Kirk, Mr. Sulu, and Ensign Olsen.

Zackarotto
I Live Here

Post by Zackarotto » Wed Nov 16, 2005 3:30 pm

Leotaku wrote:Zackarotto: Not that I know anything about drawing anything BUT people (and monsters...)...I could still have fun with that one. Sure.

Ah... sorry to be giving you something challenging. No worries on when it's drawn, if you want to concentrate on other stuff. But I'll see what I can do.

Unfortunately, I'm not in a position to put my full searching power in use or uploading stuff, but I found some nice stuff with a google image search for "fighter aircraft" and/or "tank". As for DBZ reference, I don't know... again, google image searches ("perfect cell") work wonders. I'd check out the site you linked to, but this computer has trouble simply viewing it. Maybe later.

And I wholeheartedly agree, it should be our responsibility to find reference. I'm just glad to know you're thinking about doing it.

Leotaku
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Leotaku » Wed Nov 16, 2005 6:54 pm

Dayspring: Wha? Their armor's pink? I didn't know that. :P
Thanks for supplying those though.

I didn't remember that Vegeta flew in Oozaru. But, I haven't watched those episodes for a LONG time. :(

Zackarotto: Well since it's just a sketchy style, I'm not too worried about it. I just mean, vehicles aren't my area of expertise. :lol:

If you're viewing that link in Firefox, it doesn't work well. Maybe try Internet Explorer instead.

Thanks for agreeing. I'm not just thinking about doing it, I already want to do it. I could have some fun ideas with Cell tossing around some tanks and stuff. I just mean, I don't know what the tanks and planes looked like.

Progress:
SSJ 4 Vegeta Big Bang Attack - rough drawing almost done
Freeza against Oozarus - rough poses done (dunno if it's quite what you wanted, Dayspring. I must say, this one was actually a challenge, and it was way too hard trying to cram everything in; hopefully, it'll still come out in the end :wink: )
Krillin and 18 - rough poses done (have some little adjustments I might have to make before I draw it in though)
Others - not quite ready to start

Right now, I'm colouring a picture I drew while none of your requests were ready earlier.
Nappa beating the crap out of Tenshinhan, Krillin, and Piccolo. I hope you guys'll get a kick out of it. :D
It was really challenging to draw, but I think it's coming along nicely.

And here's a Tullece portrait I did for someone on dA. Nothing special; I mean, it's just a face; but if you wanna see it, be my guest. :P

Mirai Trunks´s Nr. 1 fan
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Mirai Trunks´s Nr. 1 fan » Fri Nov 18, 2005 4:57 pm

Leotaku wrote:Mirai Trunks´s Nr. 1 fan: You mean that headbutt?
Not necesserally, I´d like it to be simply Gohan punching or kicking Radditz like crazy!
^I´m with stupid^

Leotaku
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Leotaku » Sat Nov 19, 2005 10:43 am

OK, then.

I'm asking the people who have currently requested things to provide reference for the characters. I don't know their exact designs (at least not in the case of the pictures you're asking for), or I just need them to make sure I get every detail right (like the little things), and it's the least you can do to help me out here. :P
(If I don't mention you below, I don't need anything)

Dayspring:
Freeza's form (preferably a third person / backview)
King Vegeta

Xyex:
Krillin (clothes you specified)
18 (clothes you specified)

Mirai Trunks´s Nr. 1 fan:
Raditz
Gohan (in whatever clothes you wanted)

Zackarotto:
Military plane and tank if you can find screencaps from that

Thanks.

In the meantime, here's a picture I finished a while ago. Didn't turn out as well as I'd hoped; I think I got too ambitious and tried to cram too much in. There's just a certain impact and motion that's lacking from it in my opinion. :?

Invincible

Dayspring
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Dayspring » Sat Nov 19, 2005 11:19 am

Leotaku wrote: Dayspring:
Freeza's form (preferably a third person / backview)
King Vegeta
Freeza's in second form, in middle of pic (since he's in middle of battle). The entire pic is third person perspective and backview/sideview/whatever is up to you.

King Vegeta is in Oozaru form firing a mouth blast. To make him and other Oozaru fit, he's in the semi-bg; just far enough so we have an excuse to reduce his size.

If I'm asking too much, feel free to change it to just Freeza (2nd form blocking King V's mouth blast with one hand), King Vegeta in Oozaru, and Freeza killing another Oozaru (who's in the distance) with his finger beam.

lost in thought
Advanced Regular

Post by lost in thought » Sat Nov 19, 2005 11:53 am

I've got a request for you, Leo, if you're game. 8)

I'd like a picture (or two, depending on how you want to do it,) of Master Roshi. Not just any picture(s) of Roshi though, but I wont describe them since I have reference images.

Image One

Image Two

I would really like to see those two images reproduced in your art style (be it one image, or two, it's up to you. :D)

Xyex
I Live Here

Post by Xyex » Sat Nov 19, 2005 12:00 pm

Alright, here's on of Krillin by himself, one of 18 by herself.

Do those work? 8)
Avys ~ DA account ~ Fanfiction ~ Chat Quotes
<Kaboom> I'm just glad that he now sounds more like Invader Zim than Rita Repulsa
<Xyex> Original Freeza never sounded like a chick to me.
<Kaboom> Neither does Rita
<Xyex> Good point.

Zackarotto
I Live Here

Post by Zackarotto » Sat Nov 19, 2005 2:29 pm

Here's one that might possibly help Dayspring. I found it while I was searching for my stuff.

This site is really great for fighters. Just pick a cool one and use it.

And you can find a good tank site here. I like this one because it's got a bunch of pictures of the same tanks from different angles, just click a thumbnail and you're set.

Mirai Trunks´s Nr. 1 fan
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Mirai Trunks´s Nr. 1 fan » Sat Nov 19, 2005 7:22 pm

Raditz
Gohan I was originally going to ask for different clthoes for Gohan but I changed my mind...
^I´m with stupid^

Eclipse
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Eclipse » Sat Nov 19, 2005 10:27 pm

I've got a request Leo, but this one doesn't have to be immediate. Do this, please, after you're done everyone else.

I'd like a nice shot of Vegeta powering up in front of 2nd-Stage Cell.
A camera view from the back, so we can see Cell as well.

Leotaku
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Leotaku » Sun Nov 20, 2005 9:56 am

Dayspring: I have the idea down, I meant could you please provide some reference for the characters I mentioned.
Edit: Ah..nevermind.

lost in thought: I'd be willing to draw, but I'll only do one. So please pick. :P

Xyex: Yep. Thanks. :)

Zackarotto: Oh, I meant a screencap of the actual ones in the anime. But if these real ones are fine, OK. Thanks.

Mirai Trunks´s Nr. 1 fan: I couldn't get those (Tripod remote linking).
Maybe you could upload them to an image host like http://www.imagevenue.com

Eclipse: Sure. Could you provide some Cell reference?
Last edited by Leotaku on Sun Nov 20, 2005 2:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Zackarotto
I Live Here

Post by Zackarotto » Sun Nov 20, 2005 2:02 pm

Yeah, sorry, forgot to bring that up. I looked for screencaps, but I could barely find anything on Cell, let alone the military. You'd have to find someone who could take screencaps from the DVDs if you need specific reference like that.

Leotaku
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Leotaku » Sun Nov 20, 2005 2:12 pm

Ah, nevermind, I got it. The place I linked sometime above has screenshots seperated by series > saga > episode.
Made a lucky pick and somehow found the exact episode he fights the military in no time. :P