What's cooler?

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

TheMightyOzaru
Banned

What's cooler?

Post by TheMightyOzaru » Wed Mar 13, 2013 4:48 pm

Ssj4 or Ssj God?
Vegeta: "Funny... I seem to recall Kakarot being fed the same information right before he transformed; the distinct look on your faces when he went Super Saiyan didn't exactly inspire confidence. One does not predict or calculate power like ours."
Youtube channel:
http://www.youtube.com/user/ThePrinceOfSaiyajins
My 3DS Friend Code:
2707-1669-7946

dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior

Re: What's cooler?

Post by dbzfan7 » Wed Mar 13, 2013 4:51 pm

TheMightyOzaru wrote:Ssj4 or Ssj God?
SSJ4, No contest.
Why Dragon Ball Consistency in something such as power levels matter!

Marco Polo
I Live Here

Post by Marco Polo » Wed Mar 13, 2013 4:52 pm

Freeza's big bro.

dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior

Post by dbzfan7 » Wed Mar 13, 2013 4:53 pm

Marco Polo wrote:Freeza's big bro.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gpaOy8b8X6A
Why Dragon Ball Consistency in something such as power levels matter!

Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Wed Mar 13, 2013 4:56 pm

Damn, you beat me to it. :lol:

Design wise I'd have to give the nod to SS4, but that's just going off what we've heard. We've seen some artist interpretations and descriptions of SS God, but don't forget that nobody here other than kei has actually SEEN it in motion. So it may be cooler in the movie than what we can imagine right now.

Concept wise, as in how each form comes to be, I'd still give the nod to SS4. I like tying back in to the Oozaru more than I do this ceremony thing.
AniManga Travelogue - Currently Reviewing: Dragon Ball (Z)
Twitter
Switch Friend Code: SW-0745-6427-7791 (let's play some Dragon Ball: The Breakers!)

Nex Carnifex
Banned

Post by Nex Carnifex » Wed Mar 13, 2013 5:17 pm

Gyt Kaliba wrote:
Damn, you beat me to it. :lol:

Design wise I'd have to give the nod to SS4, but that's just going off what we've heard. We've seen some artist interpretations and descriptions of SS God, but don't forget that nobody here other than kei has actually SEEN it in motion. So it may be cooler in the movie than what we can imagine right now.

Concept wise, as in how each form comes to be, I'd still give the nod to SS4. I like tying back in to the Oozaru more than I do this ceremony thing.
Yeah same :c

Cold Skin
I Live Here

Post by Cold Skin » Wed Mar 13, 2013 5:18 pm

Super Saiyan God's the best form to me.

Super Saiyan 4 has always felt out of place to me, like a completely delirious stuff without charisma, what looks essentially like a prehistorical "I forgot I'm more than a monkey" warrior.
Kind of like what was meant to be a giant fireworks but ended up wanting to be so original it felt like just an ugly electric reactor going nuts with fake brownish sparks all over the place instead.
Original and unexpected, yes. Breathtaking, absolutely not. Entertaining, kind of for a short while but you quickly come to "what's this mess, who even thought of that?".

Super Saiyan God is the real Goku, enhanced. What everyone should be when reaching the status of God: just you, enhanced. With just a little something that makes it look like you're more than you normally are.
But it's just you, a superior version of yourself, not so much a "transformation" into someone else.
With beautiful red hair (not normal hair with the red lighting like the rest of the body, but an actual new tint for the hair, really-good-looking tint of purple-ish red that's not just an aura this time).
And you know how intensity goes: first normal, then yellow (like Super Saiyan forms) to signal "middle/cautious", then red (like the Super Saiyan God) to signal "extreme/danger". Continuation of blond had to be red, nothing else! :wink:
This is the real concept of what a "Super Goku" version is like, and not a "Super he-transformed-so-much-that-you-can't-even-recognize-him" Goku).
Minimal yet striking as something powerful and out of our league, like a beautiful starlit sky that shouldn't be more than dots in a plain background, but seems like so much more than that in the end and makes you dream about infinity and other worlds like when you were a little kid.

There you have it: fake brownish sparks over some crappy reactor that has some malfunction (when it was supposed to be fireworks), versus a starlit sky that can strike your heart and your imagination much better than any fireworks. 8)

dbboxkaifan
Banned

Post by dbboxkaifan » Wed Mar 13, 2013 5:28 pm

SSJ4's Gogeta.

Although when I read the topic's title I thought automatically of Freeza's brother.
FUNimation 2015 Releases I want:
- Kai 2.0 on Blu-ray

TheMightyOzaru
Banned

Post by TheMightyOzaru » Wed Mar 13, 2013 5:42 pm

SSJ4 is cooler IMO. If it's not the design, it's the overall idea of coming full circle. SSJ God is rather lazy in design and it's back story is a mess. I don't hate SSJ God BTW
Vegeta: "Funny... I seem to recall Kakarot being fed the same information right before he transformed; the distinct look on your faces when he went Super Saiyan didn't exactly inspire confidence. One does not predict or calculate power like ours."
Youtube channel:
My 3DS Friend Code:
2707-1669-7946

dbboxkaifan
Banned

Post by dbboxkaifan » Wed Mar 13, 2013 5:48 pm

Wait, what's an SSJ God?
- Kai 2.0 on Blu-ray

Saiyan Prince Vegeta
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Saiyan Prince Vegeta » Wed Mar 13, 2013 5:51 pm

Out of the new movie Battle of Gods. You know that right?

Makaioshin
Advanced Regular

Post by Makaioshin » Wed Mar 13, 2013 6:05 pm

I do really like the design of it over the convoluted Super Saiyan 3 and 4 designs(though I like both of them). I really wish the actual form stayed longer but I guess it is too late to get rid of the golden hair. No Ultimate Goku for me.
Of course, I haven't seen Battle of Gods yet so it might change.

dbboxkaifan
Banned

Post by dbboxkaifan » Wed Mar 13, 2013 6:08 pm

Saiyan Prince Vegeta wrote:Out of the new movie Battle of Gods. You know that right?
I'm waiting for the film to come out so that I won't spoil it and ruin the experience. That'll take a while until FUNimation gets the rights to release on BD/DVD, which it will eventually happen. It's Dragon Ball.
- Kai 2.0 on Blu-ray

Super Sayian Prime
I Live Here

Post by Super Sayian Prime » Wed Mar 13, 2013 6:35 pm

dbboxkaifan wrote:
Saiyan Prince Vegeta wrote:Out of the new movie Battle of Gods. You know that right?
I'm waiting for the film to come out so that I won't spoil it and ruin the experience. That'll take a while until FUNimation gets the rights to release on BD/DVD, which it will eventually happen. It's Dragon Ball.
You should probably stay away from the forums then. I opened a thread called "With the new movie out..." expecting something regarding merch, and came to find a bunch of unmarked spoilers.
"I like the money it brings in, but Dragon Ball Heroes is the worst. That's actually the real reason I decided to start working on new material. I was afraid Bandai would make something irredeemably stupid like Super Saiyan 4 Broly." - Akira Toriyama, made up interview, 2013.

AnimeMaakuo
Advanced Regular

Post by AnimeMaakuo » Wed Mar 13, 2013 6:38 pm

Last edited by AnimeMaakuo on Fri Jul 26, 2013 6:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My YouTube

Soppa Saiyjins from Dorgou Ballru Zetto is my favorite transformation everah, especially when Trounksoru did it in front of Seru and when Bejita did it when he faced Jingonigen-hachigo. But for real, I use the FUNi pronunciation. - Soppa Saia People

Saiyan Prince Vegeta
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Saiyan Prince Vegeta » Wed Mar 13, 2013 6:50 pm

dbboxkaifan wrote:I'm waiting for the film to come out so that I won't spoil it and ruin the experience. That'll take a while until FUNimation gets the rights to release on BD/DVD, which it will eventually happen. It's Dragon Ball.
Fair play. I wish you luck on that. Really I do. :P

MCDaveG
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MCDaveG » Wed Mar 13, 2013 8:10 pm

Really, asking what's cooler in the dragon ball forum with straight poker face......
FighterZ: Funky_Strudel
PS4: Dynamixx88

TheMightyOzaru
Banned

Post by TheMightyOzaru » Wed Mar 13, 2013 9:42 pm

MCDaveG wrote:Really, asking what's cooler in the dragon ball forum with straight poker face......
I just want an opinion.
Youtube channel:
My 3DS Friend Code:
2707-1669-7946

FindKenshi
Advanced Regular

Post by FindKenshi » Wed Mar 13, 2013 9:51 pm

Like I said in the Ongoing Movie Thread--I feel like SSj4 is very endearing to a lot of "casual" Dragonball fans, the world over. It's very.. iconic, I think. I know us "ubernerd" fans rave about how GT doesn't count and how it sucks, etc.. but I think SSj4 is very strongly ingrained in the Dragonball mythos, and it's tough to just cast it aside.
"Allow me to show you... my further evolution!" -Evil Lord Freeza
The best and most powerful villain in Dragon Ball

MDSTSSJ
Regular

Post by MDSTSSJ » Thu Mar 14, 2013 12:46 am

Uploaded with ImageShack.us