North Carolina's Animazement 2013 Mega Discussion Thread

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Insertclevername
I Live Here

Re: North Carolina's Animazement to Host Nozawa and Furukawa

Post by Insertclevername » Tue Mar 19, 2013 1:20 am

Oh! To anyone going, make sure you prove to Nozawa that Americans can say the Kamehameha right. Not any of that Kamayamaya wave bullshit.
Cipher wrote:Also, you can seriously like whatever and still get laid. That's a revelation that'll hit you at some point.

Beji
Regular

Post by Beji » Tue Mar 19, 2013 3:15 pm

Insertclevername wrote:Oh! To anyone going, make sure you prove to Nozawa that Americans can say the Kamehameha right. Not any of that Kamayamaya wave bullshit.
Goten's voice from Budokai 3 comes into play immediately xD

I am so excited! I've never stayed in another state before though. Does anyone know how much hotels cost per night? Hotels around there for course. Maybe someone who has been there before could answer?

Smochi
Beyond Newbie

Post by Smochi » Tue Mar 19, 2013 3:19 pm

Beji wrote:
Insertclevername wrote:Oh! To anyone going, make sure you prove to Nozawa that Americans can say the Kamehameha right. Not any of that Kamayamaya wave bullshit.
Goten's voice from Budokai 3 comes into play immediately xD

I am so excited! I've never stayed in another state before though. Does anyone know how much hotels cost per night? Hotels around there for course. Maybe someone who has been there before could answer?

http://www.animazement.com/2013/02/05/hotel-update-2/

You may have some trouble getting a room for yourself....maybe call local motels or check the Facebook page for roomates?

Drabaz
Advanced Regular

Post by Drabaz » Wed Mar 20, 2013 9:58 am

People should post questions they think would be good to ask either guest at the convention.
My Dragon Ball AMV's:
Pain into Power - Gohan Tribute - Best Character Profile at AnimeNext
The Dragon Ball Life - Original DB only AMV - Coordinators Choice at Anime Conji
When I See You Again [NEW!!!] - Goku & Krillin AMV - Best Drama at Otakon

Mousey

Post by Mousey » Wed Mar 20, 2013 4:03 pm

MagicBox wrote:Those of you who are going, what's your big goal? An autograph? A conversation? A chance to record a podcast opening? Letting Nozawa, Nakao, and Furukawa sit and watch you stare at them and drool? I'm sure that for those of you who go to cons regularly, this sounds like such a silly question, but I've seriously never been to something like this before.
lol no, it's a valid question if you've never been. I remember being kind of like "what???" before I started going too. Autographs are a must, and sometimes you can chat with them while they're signing your things or if you see them in the convention center. There are open question sessions during panels, and the panels themselves are the best. For example, last year, Furukawa shared all kinds of insider information with us about being Shin from Fist of the North Star, and how he recorded fight scenes for Dragon Ball. I love getting to hear the industry anecdotes and their personal stories. If you're a big fan of the seiyuu, it's a marvelous experience. I cried like an idiot last year. uwu
Beji wrote:I am so excited! I've never stayed in another state before though. Does anyone know how much hotels cost per night? Hotels around there for course. Maybe someone who has been there before could answer?
It depends on the hotel. The main hotel (the one that links to the convention center via underground tunnel) is already booked solid but they have other "overflow" hotels that are within a 5 minute walk. The good thing about the overflows is that they're all a lot cheaper than the Marriott, since their rates are sky high. Here's the page with the specific information.

AnimeMaakuo
Advanced Regular

Post by AnimeMaakuo » Wed Mar 20, 2013 4:31 pm

Last edited by AnimeMaakuo on Fri Jul 26, 2013 4:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My YouTube

Soppa Saiyjins from Dorgou Ballru Zetto is my favorite transformation everah, especially when Trounksoru did it in front of Seru and when Bejita did it when he faced Jingonigen-hachigo. But for real, I use the FUNi pronunciation. - Soppa Saia People

Son Satan
Beyond Newbie

Post by Son Satan » Sat Mar 23, 2013 7:48 pm

Aw man, this a complete tease.
NC doesn't FEEL that far from South Florida, but at the same time I'd have to drive ~12 hours to get to Raleigh.
Knowing that the one and only Masako Nozawa is barely a half-day's drive away is just infuriating.
DanielGClapp wrote:Every time my dad sees anything anime, he always say "When are these goddam Japs gonna learn how to draw?".

dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior

Post by dbzfan7 » Sun Mar 24, 2013 10:33 pm

Sucks I can't see Nozawa, But I got the next best thing to see Ryo Horikawa at Anime North. Anyone gonna come see him there as well. Has a Kanzenshuu shout out been given from Horikawa, I could get one.
Why Dragon Ball Consistency in something such as power levels matter!

B
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by B » Mon Mar 25, 2013 4:39 pm

I blame my parents for moving from Raleigh back in '93. Surely, my not meeting these terrific actors is on them. :x
Keen Observation of Dragon Ball Z Movie 4's Climax wrote:Slug shits to see the genki

theoriginalbilis
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by theoriginalbilis » Mon Apr 08, 2013 6:32 pm

So... it looks like Yuko Minaguchi (Videl/Pan) and Sean Schemmel (Goku) will be also be guest attendees at this year's Animazement. This deal's gettin' better all the time!

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/20 ... o-murayama

http://www.animazement.com/guests/

Are these the most DBZ voice actors we've ever had at a US convention? (Hebert, Nozawa, Schemmel, Nakao, Minaguchi, and Furukawa)*

*Thanks, Drabaz for catching my mistake. Fixed!
Last edited by theoriginalbilis on Mon Apr 08, 2013 7:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Nothing matters (in a cosmic sense.) Have a good time.

Mousey

Post by Mousey » Mon Apr 08, 2013 6:54 pm

theoriginalbilis wrote:So... it looks like Yuko Minaguchi (Videl/Pan) will be also be a guest attendee at this year's Animazement. This deal's gettin' better all the time!

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/20 ... o-murayama

http://www.animazement.com/guests/

Are these the most DBZ voice actors we've ever had at a US convention? (Hebert, Nozawa, Nakao, Minaguchi, and Horikawa)
Don't forget Schemmel too, so that makes six total, meaning probably yes. It's pretty impressive. :o

I've seen people griping over how DB-centric the guest list is but at the same time, nearly every single guest is a veteran with a works list a mile long, so in a very big way they're wrong. (And they definitely have bad taste either way, ha ha~.)

Drabaz
Advanced Regular

Post by Drabaz » Mon Apr 08, 2013 7:00 pm

theoriginalbilis wrote:Are these the most DBZ voice actors we've ever had at a US convention? (Hebert, Nozawa, Nakao, Minaguchi, and Furukawa*)
You had me crazy excited there for a second.
My Dragon Ball AMV's:
The Dragon Ball Life - Original DB only AMV - Coordinators Choice at Anime Conji

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Mon Apr 08, 2013 7:23 pm

Swoon.

That is all.

(I'm gonna be one busy worker bee that weekend.)
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

theoriginalbilis
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by theoriginalbilis » Mon Apr 08, 2013 7:34 pm

VegettoEX wrote:Swoon.

That is all.

(I'm gonna be one busy worker bee that weekend.)
No kidding, man. :D I'll be running around/waiting in lines like the rest of you.
Nothing matters (in a cosmic sense.) Have a good time.

Pretorious
Beyond Newbie

Post by Pretorious » Mon Apr 08, 2013 7:45 pm

I can only have off work Friday OR Saturday. Which day should I take? I'm leaning toward Saturday. I'm really worried I'm going to miss the panels and signings.

I sent Animazement an email asking them which day the Dragon Ball stuff would be (assuming it's not spread out evenly over both), but I'm worried I won't get the kind of answer I want.

Drabaz
Advanced Regular

Post by Drabaz » Mon Apr 08, 2013 8:01 pm

Pretorious wrote:I can only have off work Friday OR Saturday. Which day should I take? I'm leaning toward Saturday. I'm really worried I'm going to miss the panels and signings.

I sent Animazement an email asking them which day the Dragon Ball stuff would be (assuming it's not spread out evenly over both), but I'm worried I won't get the kind of answer I want.
Unfortunately, most likely nobody will know until the official con schedule is up.
My Dragon Ball AMV's:

Smochi
Beyond Newbie

Post by Smochi » Mon Apr 08, 2013 8:59 pm

Hnnng SO SO SO much jealousy! All you guys need is Chris Sabat and it's a downright DBZ party.

Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Tue Apr 09, 2013 3:16 pm

As far as the original Japanese cast goes, the only possible way they can top themselves now is to get Norio Wakamoto. At that point, the universe implodes probably.
AniManga Travelogue - Currently Reviewing: Dragon Ball (Z)
Twitter
Switch Friend Code: SW-0745-6427-7791 (let's play some Dragon Ball: The Breakers!)

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Tue Apr 09, 2013 3:20 pm

Gyt Kaliba wrote:As far as the original Japanese cast goes, the only possible way they can top themselves now is to get Norio Wakamoto. At that point, the universe implodes probably.
I'm honestly surprised Nozawa is beating Wakamoto to an American con. If they could get him over then the universe really would go boom.
She/Her💕 💜 💙
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
Lucifer's bimbo daughter

TheBlackPaladin
I Live Here

Post by TheBlackPaladin » Tue Apr 09, 2013 5:56 pm

.....BOTH......of the Gokus..............

HO......LY.........S***!!!! Of all the things I'd never thought I'd see.......somebody had BETTER request and tape a simultaneous Kamehameha from both of them!
A "rather haggard" translation of a line from Future Gohan in DBZ, provided to FUNimation by Toei:
"To think of fighting that is this fun...so, it was pleasant fight, as many as, therefore is a feeling which is good the fight where."