Full-Color Manga: preview/reference panels for each chapter

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Tyro
Patreon Supporter

Re: Full-Color Manga: preview/reference panels for each chap

Post by Tyro » Mon Feb 09, 2015 8:53 pm

TheDevilsCorpse wrote:Only extra thing I can think to ask about right now is what color is the the Majin Dama from Z 4?

As always, glad you guys enjoyed them.

DBZGTKOSDH
Namekian Warrior

Post by DBZGTKOSDH » Mon Feb 09, 2015 9:53 pm

And it's finally over! Cold Skin and Tyro, thanks a lot for all this! :thumbup:
James Teal (Animerica 1996) wrote:When you think about it, there are a number of similarities between the Chinese-inspired Son Goku and that most American of superhero icons, Superman. Both are aliens sent to Earth shortly after birth to escape the destruction of their homeworlds; both possess super-strength, flight, super-speed, heightened senses and the ability to cast energy blasts. But the crucial difference between them lies not only in how they view the world, but in how the world views them.

Superman is, and always has been, a symbol for truth, justice, and upstanding moral fortitude–a role model and leader as much as a fighter. The more down-to-earth Goku has no illusions about being responsible for maintaining social order, or for setting some kind of moral example for the entire world. Goku is simply a martial artist who’s devoted his life toward perfecting his fighting skills and other abilities. Though never shy about risking his life to save either one person or the entire world, he just doesn’t believe that the balance of the world rests in any way on his shoulders, and he has no need to shape any part of it in his image. Goku is an idealist, and believes that there is some good in everyone, but he is unconcerned with the big picture of the world…unless it has to do with some kind of fight. Politics, society, law and order don’t have much bearing on his life, but he’s a man who knows right from wrong.

Goe
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Goe » Sun Mar 22, 2015 11:44 am

Hi:

I'm new here, I am a DB fan, and my favourite character is Bardock. Thanks a lot for that preview panels, I really apreciate it. Well, I'd like to have this picture in High quality, therefore 300 ppp:

Could Tyro or someone help me? Thanks a lot

Ajay

Post by Ajay » Sun Mar 22, 2015 11:50 am

You're not likely to find it in particularly high quality. It's a small panel on a larger page:

Follow me on Twitter for countless shitposts.

Deadtuber.

Goe
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Goe » Sun Mar 22, 2015 11:54 am

Thanks a LOT!!!!!!!!!!

I'm really glad now :D :D

Cold Skin
I Live Here

Post by Cold Skin » Sun Mar 22, 2015 12:17 pm

Yeah, pages are only at the resolution shown here by Ajay, and as he says, zooming on one specific panel takes on that resolution too.

However, Mangapolo likely had access to the original, larger files, as I've captured many panels that are full screen and at a much larger resolution than if you zoom on the page yourself, as clean - if not more - as if it was the full page.

But this specific panel you asked as been cut into two parts by Mangapolo despite having a much better resolution: one part with Bardack and one part with Freezer and the planet.
So it's made into two different super-high resolution panels, which wouldn't help you since you want the whole picture, and I have no way to properly transfer it to you anyway since Photobucket will limitate the size and quality of pictures, effectively reducing it in an extreme way.

Dyno
Banned

Post by Dyno » Sun Mar 22, 2015 2:10 pm

Thank you. :thumbup:

Cold Skin
I Live Here

Post by Cold Skin » Sun Mar 22, 2015 2:25 pm

^ Want it to be even bigger? But you have to paste the two parts yourself to have an HD panel, thanks to Mangapolo's likely access to the source files at maximum size.

Ajay

Post by Ajay » Sun Mar 22, 2015 2:38 pm

Merged:
Follow me on Twitter for countless shitposts.

Deadtuber.

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Sun Mar 22, 2015 2:43 pm

I started to, but then decided I didn't want to bother fixing the discrepancies. Like how the entire right side of the picture is shifted by like 1-2 pixels, thus halfway through his thumbnail they jut to the side.
Direct translations of the Korean DB Online timeline and guidebook.
My personal "canon" and BP list. (Coming Soon)

Dyno
Banned

Post by Dyno » Sun Mar 22, 2015 2:48 pm

Cold Skin wrote:^ Want it to be even bigger? But you have to paste the two parts yourself to have an HD panel, thanks to Mangapolo's likely access to the source files at maximum size.
AjayLikesGaming wrote:Merged:
You guys are fucking awesome! :clap: Thank you, thank you so much bros! :thumbup:

Goe
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Goe » Sun Mar 22, 2015 3:30 pm

Thanks to all of you. You are really kind :D

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Post by ekrolo2 » Sat Mar 28, 2015 12:38 pm

Any news regarding if Viz will release the post Saiyan stuff in English soon?
When someone tells you, "Don't present your opinion as fact," what they're actually saying is, "Don't present your opinion with any conviction. Because I don't like your opinion, and I want to be able to dismiss it as easily as possible." Don't fall for it.

How the Black Arc Should End (by Lightbing!):

Vegitofaxx
Regular

Post by Vegitofaxx » Mon May 18, 2015 10:04 am

ekrolo2 wrote:Any news regarding if Viz will release the post Saiyan stuff in English soon?
If they're ever going to, it's probably gonna be after the horrible 3-in-1's end. Which is gonna take some time. Due to me being tired of Viz's crap, I just opted to get the Kanzenban and is in the process of collecting them. Maybe I'll pick up the color Freeza to Buu volumes after that.
Here lies a modified Doctor Who qoute. It was killed too early by the moderators. R.I.P.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Steam: The Muncher of Da Biscuits.
PSN: Joeythekiller123
Playing XenoVerse on Pc. BP = 10370. Primary CaC: Tapaha. Always ready for an invite :D
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Jackass, #1 Hellsing fan, Translator for the Danish version of DBM(always two pages ahead of you), Chilling on da forums 8)

jrdemr
Beyond Newbie

Post by jrdemr » Wed Jun 10, 2015 7:57 am

Hey there, guys. Could anyone please get me the shot of Goku giving the thumbs up from chapter 516?

Cold Skin
I Live Here

Post by Cold Skin » Wed Jun 10, 2015 8:31 am

I hope it's big enough for you (thanks Mangapolo for having extra-high resolution of Shueisha's original files, giving us HD for single panels)!

jrdemr
Beyond Newbie

Post by jrdemr » Wed Jun 10, 2015 10:42 am

Perfect. Thanks a million, Cold Skin!

Cold Skin
I Live Here

Post by Cold Skin » Fri Jun 26, 2015 8:04 am

As a bonus, here are pages from the official guide to Super Butoden 2 back then, which colorized manga panels in a different way (unable to redraw black parts to colorize them for example, so they relied on the shining of beams to colorize black stuff).
You can see the difference between colorizing manga panels in the 90s and colorizing manga panels in the 2010s (I included comparison pictures).

They also drew colorized manga-like panels for Bojack and Zangya's portraits (who don't appear in the manga).

SSJ2FutureGohan
I Live Here

Post by SSJ2FutureGohan » Sun Jan 31, 2016 4:46 pm

Sorry to bump, but these are all posted images now. :(

dbgtFO
Kicks it Old-School

Post by dbgtFO » Sun Jan 31, 2016 4:58 pm

SSJ2FutureGohan wrote:Sorry to bump, but these are all posted images now. :(
I think everything posted by Cold Skin is fine, it's Tyro's images that might be wonky, but I have yet to check.
Of course on this very page only Cold Skin's image shows up.