Full-Color Manga: preview/reference panels for each chapter

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Cold Skin
I Live Here

Re: Full-Color Manga: preview/reference panels for each chap

Post by Cold Skin » Thu Aug 01, 2013 2:23 pm

To avoid flooding the first page and it's 2 500 pictures - which leads to exceeding bandwidth and temporarily takes out all pictures of mine -, I post the recent additions on this second page.
That way you can see the new previews (which are erased from this page after a while, still to avoid bandwidth problems) without loading a thousand pictures.

They are also added on the first page that contains all chapter previews so far, but it is not recommanded you go there if you're only interested in the ones you haven't seen yet, cause each visit to page 1 is a tremendous step to the bandwidth limit.
Unless you wanna see old preview panels, please avoid going to page 1 as much as possible - at least while this thread constantly receives new previews, cause once everything's done, the number of visits will drastically decrease (there won't be so many visitors to watch preview panels they've already seen) and bandwidth shouldn't be a problem anymore! :wink:
Last edited by Cold Skin on Sat Sep 28, 2013 10:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

Cold Skin
I Live Here

Post by Cold Skin » Fri Aug 02, 2013 2:48 pm

Because I won't be around for a few weeks and the Freezer arc has now started, I wanted you guys to have at least the Saiyan Arc complete.
Check it out on the post above.

And yes, Mister Popo just appearing and saying he found a ship is a weird spot to transition to the next arc but that's the way it is on Mangapolo.
I would have placed the transition two chapters later, when the trio has just departed for Namek and we see the ship flying and the narrator says they don't know about the nightmare that awaits on Namek (it is how the physical Full-Color release ends the Saiyan Arc).

SaiyaJedi
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by SaiyaJedi » Sun Aug 18, 2013 8:54 pm

So, for the past few days, the "Jump LIVE!" app for iOS and Android has been doing chapters from the Cell Game (specifically, chapters 410 to 412). I'm pretty sure we haven't seen these chapters colorized before.
Co-translator, Man-in-Japan, and Julian #1 at Kanzenshuu
最近、あんまし投稿してないねんけど、見てんで。いっつも見てる。

Cold Skin
I Live Here

Post by Cold Skin » Thu Aug 22, 2013 7:26 pm

^Amazing, it seems the Cell arc is indeed already done then (which we already sort of guessed when seeing that special video showing the very end of the Boo arc, but we had no proof).

Still, as far as I remember, there's not too many differences between the manga colors and the anime colors in the Cell arc. Only possibly Cell's second form and the fact that he often has blue articulations instead of purple ones.
I do expect the Room of Spirit and Time to be different though, in continuity with God's sanctuary (possibly all white as well).
I think Dr. Gero (and C-19?) will also possibly be different since there was no full color picture of him except with the Kanzenban as far as I know, which had colors that were different from the anime.

I expect a bigger number of color differences in the Boo arc, as already hinted by the video.

On another note, it's interesting to see that the Full-Color Manga seemingly kills "Anime Dende" in favor of their new Dende during the Freezer arc: they make Cargo wear the colors of "Anime Dende", which you do not expect at first. You think Dende is like the anime, when suddenly Freezer kills him and you're like :shock: before you go "oh, then that was Cargo and Dende is actually the one with a new darker-purple vest..."

EDIT: I just saw the Full-Color Manga thread which - despite the pictures being small which means I might be wrong - seems to show that there's no difference as far as Gero and C-19 are concerned, I'm glad Cell does have his blue articulations. For the Room of Spirit and Time, we'll have to wait and see.

SaiyaJedi

Post by SaiyaJedi » Sun Aug 25, 2013 8:00 pm

As of Sunday, the "Jump LIVE" app has moved up into the fight between Goku and pure Majin Buu. So I'm guessing Shueisha actually have the entire series completed already.

Incidentally, if they stay on this track, we should find out by the end of the week whether they'll be using the redrawn art from the Kanzenban.

Cold Skin
I Live Here

Post by Cold Skin » Wed Aug 28, 2013 1:39 pm

^ I bet they'll use the new ending, but the doubt about it is legitimate: they used the "WEL COME" sign of the Kanzenban edition, but they used Vegeta's previous power level (against the Ginyu Force) as in the previous edition... Very strange.

Little bit of news for this thread: my main computer has become glitched with a perpetual reboot, so I had to lend it to a friend who kinda works in those computer stuff, which means my usual tool for cropping and resizing panels is out of reach (for now, hopefully).
So I've learned to use Paint on my laptop to keep cropping panels and I'm still collecting them, but I have to wait and see if my main computer gets back before I can reduce their size to proper "preview panels" that I can post here.

All in all, it might take a couple of weeks, but I'm still on it and keeping up with the capture of panels. 8)

dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior

Post by dbzfan7 » Wed Aug 28, 2013 3:10 pm

Why is the Kamehameha yellow?
Why Dragon Ball Consistency in something such as power levels matter!

KentalSSJ6
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by KentalSSJ6 » Wed Aug 28, 2013 3:24 pm

Good question. I wondered that when they did it in Budokai 1 as well.
Deviantart (NSFW) - http://yamato012.deviantart.com/
DBSW Group Page - http://dbsw.deviantart.com/
Still the 1k Sniper - [spoiler]http://orig10.deviantart.net/6a02/f/201 ... 8npe7r.png[/spoiler]

Cold Skin
I Live Here

Post by Cold Skin » Wed Aug 28, 2013 3:28 pm

dbzfan7 wrote:Why is the Kamehameha yellow?
^ Because Shueisha has a different interpretation than the anime when it comes to ki.

The anime chose that different attacks of different characters somehow have various colors (Yellow Kienzan, Blue Kame Hame Ha, Purple Garlic Cannon...).

Shueisha decided that the color of ki must follow a logic that similar beings have similar energy, regardless of the way they use it, and it doesn't change color just because one character is not the same than the other. It is rather decided by the type of morphology and the kind of energy involved.
The Kame Hame Ha is just concentrated energy, so it is the same color than other characters concentrating energy in their own attacks or smaller "regular" blasts.

- All humanoids forms and some other races have golden ("yellow") ki.
- Alien morphologies like Piccolo and Freezer will often display purple ki (some of their attacks will use other schemes like red though and Nameks have been shown to use the gold "humanoid" form of energy for some regular blasts sometimes).
- "Overheat Mode" ki - as a result of the Kaioken - turns red, resulting in a red aura instead of the regular golden aura.
- Shared energy - like the Genki Dama and Namek's Great Elder "reveal your potential" move - is blue.
- The Super Saiyan energy turns white (is it somehow purified?) from what we've seen in the Freezer arc, but we don't know if it will be kept that way for upcoming arcs since panels of Super Saiyan 2 and Super Saiyan 3 show that the regular gold is back for those forms.

Note that even video games from the Super NES era like the Super Butoden series and Hyper Dimension, which used the manga colors even when there were only a few color pages back then, had already decided that the Kame Hame Ha should be yellow like regular blasts. In the end, it's only a bigger blast, not a different kind of energy. That's seemingly Shueisha's interpretation of it, at least.

Some people will prefer the anime version. As far as I'm concerned, blue is my favorite color, but I feel somehow more comfortable with Shueisha's interpretation of the colors for ki, and so the re-imagined golden Kame Hame Ha is my favorite version as a result.

SaiyaJedi

Post by SaiyaJedi » Fri Aug 30, 2013 9:26 pm

Fresh from the "Jump LIVE!" app:

Those who know, will understand. :)

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Fri Aug 30, 2013 9:32 pm

They went with the Kanzenban release, huh? That's good to know.
Direct translations of the Korean DB Online timeline and guidebook.
My personal "canon" and BP list. (Coming Soon)

Cold Skin
I Live Here

Post by Cold Skin » Sat Aug 31, 2013 7:43 am

That's cool, can't wait to see their color version of the new ending, which conveys the "passing the torch" theme in a better way than the original, and has a great last panel to conclude the story while showing the great Saiyan rivalry will never end. 8)

DBZGTKOSDH
Namekian Warrior

Post by DBZGTKOSDH » Sat Aug 31, 2013 8:12 am

New ending: 100% confirmed! :D
James Teal (Animerica 1996) wrote:When you think about it, there are a number of similarities between the Chinese-inspired Son Goku and that most American of superhero icons, Superman. Both are aliens sent to Earth shortly after birth to escape the destruction of their homeworlds; both possess super-strength, flight, super-speed, heightened senses and the ability to cast energy blasts. But the crucial difference between them lies not only in how they view the world, but in how the world views them.

Superman is, and always has been, a symbol for truth, justice, and upstanding moral fortitude–a role model and leader as much as a fighter. The more down-to-earth Goku has no illusions about being responsible for maintaining social order, or for setting some kind of moral example for the entire world. Goku is simply a martial artist who’s devoted his life toward perfecting his fighting skills and other abilities. Though never shy about risking his life to save either one person or the entire world, he just doesn’t believe that the balance of the world rests in any way on his shoulders, and he has no need to shape any part of it in his image. Goku is an idealist, and believes that there is some good in everyone, but he is unconcerned with the big picture of the world…unless it has to do with some kind of fight. Politics, society, law and order don’t have much bearing on his life, but he’s a man who knows right from wrong.

planche

Post by planche » Wed Sep 04, 2013 9:44 pm

Can somebody tell me what Vegeta is saying in those two panels? Thanks.

KentalSSJ6
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by KentalSSJ6 » Thu Sep 05, 2013 7:29 am

Its cool they are following the Kanzenban, now I can only hope the print editions will finally be the uncensored and unedited versions weve all been praying for. Heres to hoping Viz caves and just gives in to the fans.
Still the 1k Sniper - [spoiler]http://orig10.deviantart.net/6a02/f/201 ... 8npe7r.png[/spoiler]

SaiyaJedi

Post by SaiyaJedi » Thu Sep 05, 2013 7:56 am

So, I thought I'd go check out the Artificial Humans & Cell volumes on the iBookstore today, only to find that all Dragon Ball color volumes are… not there. The monochrome version (along with the first and only volume of SD) is still there, so I find this very strange. They do appear to be on the Jump Book STORE! app, though. :?

KentalSSJ6
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by KentalSSJ6 » Thu Sep 05, 2013 8:00 am

I wouldent know. I prefer physical copies over digital.

SaiyaJedi

Post by SaiyaJedi » Thu Sep 05, 2013 6:02 pm

Well, now they're back but cheaper: ¥100 for the first volume of each arc, and ¥350 for the others. I believe this mirrors a promotion on the Jump Book STORE! app.

KentalSSJ6
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by KentalSSJ6 » Thu Sep 05, 2013 6:20 pm

All I'm concerned about regarding the full color versions is if the physical copies coming this February will be uncensored and unedited.

Cold Skin
I Live Here

Post by Cold Skin » Sat Sep 28, 2013 10:58 am

Good news: my main computer is back, and the problem - related to Windows - has been solved without any loss of data, meaning I still have what the right programs to keep posting preview panels.

Now the whole Freezer arc is almost available, so I'll probably do just what I did for the early arcs: upload chapter previews in the order I want, unless people express interest in specific chapters. I'll likely post the first chapters (already selected the preview pictures for that) and then give priority to the Super Saiyan chapters for a while.
(I did miss a handful of chapters though)

That also depends on whether or not the Cell arc comes up next, and if that's the case, I'll likely upload previews for Freezer or Cell randomly, depending on what seems more interesting to me or to others.

Anyway, prepare for new preview panels soon for Freezer and maybe Cell.