Dragon Ball: Bootleg DVD Cover Art, BoxSets & Cases

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

SuperGhostKamikaze
Not-So-Newbie

Dragon Ball: Bootleg DVD Cover Art, BoxSets & Cases

Post by SuperGhostKamikaze » Sat Jun 01, 2013 2:00 am

Lol Ok I Know this is not a new box set its obviously a bootleg or is it? Haha but basically when I saw this for some reason I kinda liked the artwork and the way they put this all together especially the holographic goku plus the way they worked kid goku into the Dragon Ball title & really wouldnt have minded if this was an actual official release. So my question to all of you is have you ever seen a bootleg release that you would have liked to been an official release?? (Not I do not think bootlegs are ok in anyway shape or form, just curious)

Post Whatever you have seen please =]

Last edited by SuperGhostKamikaze on Sat Jun 01, 2013 11:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

Craddle
Regular

Re: New Dragon Ball Box Set!!!!

Post by Craddle » Sat Jun 01, 2013 2:02 am

NEW DRAGON BALL BOX SET! I know this is not a new box set...Which is it? :lol:

eledoremassis02
I Live Here

Post by eledoremassis02 » Sat Jun 01, 2013 2:08 am

There some cool bootleg cases! I like the one you posted too

I like these Dragon Box bootleg covers Image

Some of the old fansub covers are fun as well..check em out here :D
http://animepast.net/Time_Capsule/Fansu ... ollection/

SuperGhostKamikaze
Not-So-Newbie

Post by SuperGhostKamikaze » Sat Jun 01, 2013 2:08 am

Lol its a Dragon Ball Entire Collection with 25 Discs seen it on ebay

Big Momma
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Big Momma » Sat Jun 01, 2013 5:11 am

I think one of the reasons why some Bootlegs have great covers is because they were made by fans like us (Well...maybe not exactly like us...).
Rocketman(In response to a post about Pandora's Box) wrote: I sat here for ten damn minutes wondering what the hell God of War had to do with any of this.
Insertclevername wrote:I plan to lose my virginity to Dragon Box 2.
Youtube | Art/Animation Blog

Raykugen
Regular

Post by Raykugen » Sat Jun 01, 2013 10:42 am

I would like to know how they make these stuff, I would like to make a box like that for my collection
Do you want NEW GENERATION DRAGON BALL (Z, GT..) IMAGES? In HQ? Of all characters? Click here: http://daizex.fanboyreview.net/viewtopic.php?t=17178
My Deviantart: http://raykugen.deviantart.com/
Dragon Ball Characters Project Deviantart: http://dbcproject.deviantart.com/

Tanooki Kuribo
I Live Here

Post by Tanooki Kuribo » Sat Jun 01, 2013 11:04 am

You actually think that looks good? Well, alright. I think it's really ugly. It's like they used a bootleg Gundam box set as a template and just slapped some random Goku art on it. It doesn't look or feel like anything DragonBall.

Also, if you want to start a conversation about bootleg box set art, why name this "New Dragon Ball Box Set!!!!"? It's kind of misleading. :?
Last edited by Tanooki Kuribo on Sat Jun 01, 2013 11:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

sangofe
Kicks it Old-School

Post by sangofe » Sat Jun 01, 2013 11:07 am

Thread starter: can you change the thread title to something like "Dragonball bootleg dvd cover art" or something like that?

SuperGhostKamikaze
Not-So-Newbie

Post by SuperGhostKamikaze » Sat Jun 01, 2013 11:10 am

I totally agree that its doesnt look or feel like Dragon ball & I didnt say it looked good or great I just said I kinda like it due to it being very different from anything I've seen and little pieces of the artwork grab my eye, & No Problem Just Did ;]

Tanooki Kuribo
I Live Here

Post by Tanooki Kuribo » Sat Jun 01, 2013 11:21 am

SuperGhostKamikaze wrote:I totally agree that its doesnt look or feel like Dragon ball & I didnt say it looked good or great I just said I kinda like it due to it being very different from anything I've seen and little pieces of the artwork grab my eye.

Well, I guess I assumed that when someone says "I kinda like it", it means they didn't think it was bad. Is this sarcasm? Find out after these messages!

Akumaito Beam
Regular

Post by Akumaito Beam » Sat Jun 01, 2013 11:29 am

eledoremassis02 wrote: I like these Dragon Box bootleg covers *snip*
Yeah, those always looked really nice to me too. I legitimately dig them a lot and would even hunt them down if not for multiple moral obligations not to. I owned one of those before I really "got" bootlegs and how damaging they were. I remember these releases having really really nice audio. Like, even better than the Dragon Box. I could be misremembering things though. I still have a lot of nostalgia for those pretty terrible subtitles too. :lol:

Big Momma
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Big Momma » Sun Jun 02, 2013 2:00 am

Tanooki Kuribo wrote:You actually think that looks good? Well, alright. I think it's really ugly. It's like they used a bootleg Gundam box set as a template and just slapped some random Goku art on it. It doesn't look or feel like anything DragonBall.

Also, if you want to start a conversation about bootleg box set art, why name this "New Dragon Ball Box Set!!!!"? It's kind of misleading. :?
I was referring to this one: http://www.daizex.com/guides/dvd_guide/ ... dbz_01.gif

The one in the first post looks really...80s to me. Not really bad, I just wouldn't prefer it.
Rocketman(In response to a post about Pandora's Box) wrote: I sat here for ten damn minutes wondering what the hell God of War had to do with any of this.
Insertclevername wrote:I plan to lose my virginity to Dragon Box 2.
Youtube | Art/Animation Blog

kei17
I Live Here

Post by kei17 » Sun Jun 02, 2013 2:12 am

Akumaito Beam wrote:I remember these releases having really really nice audio. Like, even better than the Dragon Box. I could be misremembering things though. I still have a lot of nostalgia for those pretty terrible subtitles too. :lol:
So they used VHS recordings of the original broadcast? Interesting.