Funny or ignorant things you've heard a DB fan say?

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

dodge2461
Not-So-Newbie

Re: What are funny but dumb things you've heard a DB fan say

Post by dodge2461 » Tue Dec 24, 2013 2:10 pm

My friend is trying to convince me that Broli has a slight chance against SSJG Son Goku.

Kamiccolo9
Namekian Warrior

Post by Kamiccolo9 » Tue Dec 24, 2013 2:13 pm

Dbzfan94 wrote:Just recently saw something that this kid said on YouTube, that might be (sorry if this offends anyone) might be the most retarded thing I've ever read. the person said

"Funimation helped Akira Toriyama make Dragon Ball back in 1995. He stepped down and let Funimation make the anime."
JEFFMAN219 wrote:A lot of dbz fans on youtube say that the actors in dbz kai sound like they are trying to hard. Lool what the fuck I'm starting to think that a lot of dbz fans on youtube are retards and this is coming from a dub fan.
Don't use that word, please.
Champion of the 1st Kanzenshuu Short Story Tenkaichi Budokai
Kamiccolo9's Kompendium of Short Stories
Cipher wrote:If Vegeta does not kill Gohan, I will stop illegally streaming the series.
Malik_DBNA wrote:
Scarz wrote:Malik, stop. People are asking me for lewd art of possessed Bra (with Vegeta).
"Achievement Unlocked: Rule 34"

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Dbzfan94 » Tue Dec 24, 2013 2:17 pm

Kamiccolo9 wrote:
Dbzfan94 wrote:Just recently saw something that this kid said on YouTube, that might be (sorry if this offends anyone) might be the most retarded thing I've ever read. the person said

"Funimation helped Akira Toriyama make Dragon Ball back in 1995. He stepped down and let Funimation make the anime."
JEFFMAN219 wrote:A lot of dbz fans on youtube say that the actors in dbz kai sound like they are trying to hard. Lool what the fuck I'm starting to think that a lot of dbz fans on youtube are retards and this is coming from a dub fan.

sorry, I edited my post.

Kamiccolo9
Namekian Warrior

Post by Kamiccolo9 » Tue Dec 24, 2013 2:18 pm

Dbzfan94 wrote:
Kamiccolo9 wrote:

sorry, I edited my post.
Thanks, I appreciate it :thumbup:
Champion of the 1st Kanzenshuu Short Story Tenkaichi Budokai
Kamiccolo9's Kompendium of Short Stories
Cipher wrote:If Vegeta does not kill Gohan, I will stop illegally streaming the series.
Malik_DBNA wrote:
Scarz wrote:Malik, stop. People are asking me for lewd art of possessed Bra (with Vegeta).
"Achievement Unlocked: Rule 34"

Black_Liger
Advanced Regular

Post by Black_Liger » Tue Dec 24, 2013 3:34 pm

One of my friends said that he had a Dragon ball AF complete sagas game for PS1, that at the end Goku had to charge a spirit bomb in one hand and a kamehameha in the other, the flash of the technique could be seen from the entire universe.... I have trouble understanding how that would work on ps1 because of the graphics XD. Also he said that Super Saiyan 8 Goku was stronger than Super Saiyan 10, he also gave his life that you could unlock freeza saga in Shin Budokai, if you finished it you could unlock Kid Goku who could do the "Punch Monkey" (Yes those are his words). XD Lying sonofabeach XD
There's room for only one snake, and one big boss.

JEFFMAN219
Regular

Post by JEFFMAN219 » Tue Dec 24, 2013 3:54 pm

Kamiccolo9 wrote:

What word? Retard?

TheGmGoken
Namekian Warrior

Post by TheGmGoken » Tue Dec 24, 2013 4:13 pm

Yea retard if kinda offensive.

JEFFMAN219
Regular

Post by JEFFMAN219 » Tue Dec 24, 2013 4:15 pm

TheGmGoken wrote:Yea retard if kinda offensive.
Oh sorry about that

TheGmGoken
Namekian Warrior

Post by TheGmGoken » Wed Jan 01, 2014 8:48 pm

Ray2 hours ago

Is Goku's Japanese voice a joke?
Reply · 2
:lolno: . More hate towards Goku's voice.

ErikB
Beyond Newbie

Post by ErikB » Thu Jan 02, 2014 7:16 pm

I'll admit to being maybe too abrasive here (and I missed an 'R' in "over-filtering"), but still...
This person evidently thinks that FUNimation put a 4:3 image into 16:9 without stretching it or cropping it.

FUNimation Entertainment: Literally magic!

I am so done with the YouTube fans.

Ajay

Post by Ajay » Thu Jan 02, 2014 7:42 pm

Wow. That's certainly an impressive misunderstanding of how video works. Great post.
Follow me on Twitter for countless shitposts.

Deadtuber.

KentalSSJ6
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by KentalSSJ6 » Sun Jan 05, 2014 6:35 am

Man I keep coming across more and more Broly worshippers.

Came across a comment on youtube on a video of Goku fighting Beerus. Here it is, along with my response.

And then, I get this little reply.

They think one way or another, Broly is gonna win all the time.
Deviantart (NSFW) - http://yamato012.deviantart.com/
DBSW Group Page - http://dbsw.deviantart.com/
Still the 1k Sniper - [spoiler]http://orig10.deviantart.net/6a02/f/201 ... 8npe7r.png[/spoiler]

Draken
Banned

Post by Draken » Sun Jan 05, 2014 7:05 am

There are times when I wonder what type of person someone is in real life that honestly believes Broly > SSJ4 Gogeta.

Which is, you know, another funny/dumb thing some fans say :lol:

KentalSSJ6
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by KentalSSJ6 » Sun Jan 05, 2014 11:00 am

Draken wrote:There are times when I wonder what type of person someone is in real life that honestly believes Broly > SSJ4 Gogeta.

Yotube DBZ fans have driven me to the point where I have pillows laced across my computer desk so I don't hurt myself when I bash my head against it in frustration. Every time my wife sees me on youtube she asks if I have "The Safety Pillow" near me.
Still the 1k Sniper - [spoiler]http://orig10.deviantart.net/6a02/f/201 ... 8npe7r.png[/spoiler]

Weejus
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Weejus » Sun Jan 05, 2014 11:23 am

KentalSSJ6 wrote:
Draken wrote:There are times when I wonder what type of person someone is in real life that honestly believes Broly > SSJ4 Gogeta.

Yotube DBZ fans have driven me to the point where I have pillows laced across my computer desk so I don't hurt myself when I bash my head against it in frustration. Every time my wife sees me on youtube she asks if I have "The Safety Pillow" near me.
Have you ever kept track of how many times DBZ YouTube idiocy has made you facedesk?

KentalSSJ6
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by KentalSSJ6 » Sun Jan 05, 2014 11:28 am

Weejus wrote:
KentalSSJ6 wrote:

Have you ever kept track of how many times DBZ YouTube idiocy has made you facedesk?
I stopped keeping track 3 years ago. Going off rough estimates and what I remember, its likely around 120-130 times.

Weejus
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Weejus » Sun Jan 05, 2014 11:39 am

KentalSSJ6 wrote:
Weejus wrote:
KentalSSJ6 wrote:YouTube DBZ fans have driven me to the point where I have pillows laced across my computer desk so I don't hurt myself when I bash my head against it in frustration. Every time my wife sees me on youtube she asks if I have "The Safety Pillow" near me.
I stopped keeping track 3 years ago. Going off rough estimates and what I remember, its likely around 120-130 times.
That's par for the course then. No wonder you put a pillow there. I dread to think how many pillows you've gone through.

SingleFringe&Sparks
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by SingleFringe&Sparks » Sun Jan 05, 2014 3:33 pm

Most of the "dumb" things I've heart said about DBZ came out of the Naruto fanboys and the DC haters. Both sides tend to overexaggerate their claims.

Then we have the Broly Fanboys....smh.....
Zephyr wrote:The fandom's collective fetishizing of "moments" is also ridiculous to me. No, not everyone needs a fucking "shine" moment. If that's all you want, then all you want is fanservice, rather than an actual coherent story. And of course those aren't mutually exclusive; you could have a coherent story with "shine" moments! But if a story is perfectly coherent (and I'm really not seeing any compelling arguments that this one is anything but, despite constantly recurring, really poorly reasoned, attempts to argue otherwise), and you're bemoaning the lack of "shine" moments as a reason for the story's poor quality, then you're letting your thirst for "shine" moments obfuscate your ability to detect basic storytelling when it's right in front of you.

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Mon Jan 06, 2014 7:10 am

If Akira Toriyama himself drew a sequel manga where Broly got stomped on by everyone from Krillin to Mr. Satan to Dr. Briefs' cat, Broly fanboys would still insist he's the strongest in the universe.
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Dbzfan94 » Mon Jan 06, 2014 11:57 am

Heres a few more really stupid things from the YouTube fanbase...

"Freeza worked for Bills." :lol:

"It was stated in the series that the villains in Hell get a lot weaker when they die, which is why Pikkon beat Cell so easily."

"Broly would destroy Perfect Cell and put up a good fight to SSJ2 Cell Saga Gohan. :roll:

Granted the last one was someone on a DBZ facebook page, but some of them are just as bad as the Youtubers.