Funi Dragon Boxes - bad package

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

BluezaBladeNZ
Regular

Re: Funi Dragon Boxes - bad package

Post by BluezaBladeNZ » Sat Jun 08, 2013 4:32 pm

The first set of fatpack cases the Orange Bricks had for the Madman release had an annoying flaw, and that was no book holders at the front so you couldn't keep the booklet in place, which I wasn't too happy with when I first got them. Though for some reason the first season did for a while, but eventually got the one without it. From what I've seen lately, they've changed the cases and now finally have the holders.

Here's shots from my Season 1 and 2 set to show what I mean:

Season 1 [Has a book holder]

Season 2 [Has no book holder]

Craddle
Regular

Post by Craddle » Sat Jun 08, 2013 9:56 pm

I never had any of these problems with my (7) Dragon Boxes. I had no problem taking off the glue, no dislodging of the discs and no damage from shipping. Nor anything else mentioned on this thread accept the following.

The 2 problems I had, were the 2 everyone had, whether all of you realized it or not. The 7th box was slightly larger than all the rest. By larger, I mean by about 1/8 inch to the box case. Someone at FUNi did not feel the need to use the same template they used for all the rest of the box casings. Seems like they just took an estimated guess at the dimensions. The 2nd problem I encountered was the discs being numbered and placed from right to left on one of the sets,instead of left to right like all the rest. I honestly don't know if this is poor product control, or if FUNi just does these little things to screw with us. That way we never have a perfect DBZ product.

Tanooki Kuribo
I Live Here

Post by Tanooki Kuribo » Sat Jun 08, 2013 11:30 pm

I don't mind that DragonBox 7 is slightly bigger, what bothers me the most is that on my DragonBox 6, the Piccolo image is still slightly visible on the side panel.

Craddle
Regular

Post by Craddle » Sun Jun 09, 2013 1:13 am

Tanooki Kuribo wrote:I don't mind that DragonBox 7 is slightly bigger, what bothers me the most is that on my DragonBox 6, the Piccolo image is still slightly visible on the side panel.
HA! I never noticed that before. I don't usually look at that side. Mine are facing outwards to create the image of Goku and Gohan. Good catch. :clap: