FUNimation "DBZ on Blu-Ray" Survey

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Kamiccolo9
Namekian Warrior

Re: FUNimation "DBZ on Blu-Ray" Survey

Post by Kamiccolo9 » Fri Aug 02, 2013 3:35 pm

Gaffer Tape wrote:Yes, I very much would, actually. What you're claiming defies the laws of physics and common sense (you're basically saying, "I can fit a round peg in a square hole without altering either the peg or the hole"), so if such sorcery actually exists, I would very much be interested in seeing it.
Well, this is the best I can do, but maybe he can do better?
Champion of the 1st Kanzenshuu Short Story Tenkaichi Budokai
Kamiccolo9's Kompendium of Short Stories
Cipher wrote:If Vegeta does not kill Gohan, I will stop illegally streaming the series.
Malik_DBNA wrote:
Scarz wrote:Malik, stop. People are asking me for lewd art of possessed Bra (with Vegeta).
"Achievement Unlocked: Rule 34"

Ajay

Post by Ajay » Fri Aug 02, 2013 3:40 pm

TheGmGoken wrote:
VegettoEX wrote:There is no magic you can perform to fit a 4:3 image into a 16:9 window without either cropping the image or stretching the image, or some combination of the two. There is nothing I can say at this point other than, "You are wrong, and I apparently cannot say anything else to convince you that you are wrong."
Want me to make a video to prove that on Vegas. I can do this with ease. Without cropping nor stretching. Seriously it's not that hard.
This should be good. :roll:
Follow me on Twitter for countless shitposts.

Deadtuber.

Cold Skin
I Live Here

Post by Cold Skin » Fri Aug 02, 2013 3:47 pm

Without cropping/zooming nor stretching?
But... The only way I can see that happening is actual magic.

To fill a rectangle with a square, either you cut parts of the square to make it rectangle-shaped, or you stretch the square to make it rectangle-shaped (which will turn circles drawn on it into oval forms).
I don't see what other physically realistic way there is to do that. You must apply some destructive effect to the original square, there's no way around it.

Dalesy
Beyond Newbie

Post by Dalesy » Fri Aug 02, 2013 7:47 pm

TheGmGoken wrote:
VegettoEX wrote:There is no magic you can perform to fit a 4:3 image into a 16:9 window without either cropping the image or stretching the image, or some combination of the two. There is nothing I can say at this point other than, "You are wrong, and I apparently cannot say anything else to convince you that you are wrong."
Want me to make a video to prove that on Vegas. I can do this with ease. Without cropping nor stretching. Seriously it's not that hard.
I am going to need popcorn, soda, and a date for a spectacle as promising as this.
"Clark Kakakent however, would never speak that way. Clark Kakakent is a big orange boy scout who fights for truth, Justice, and the Saiyan way." - DemonRin

Fizzer
Advanced Regular

Post by Fizzer » Fri Aug 02, 2013 9:13 pm

Well, this is exciting. I'ma go invite the neighbours round.

TheGmGoken
Namekian Warrior

Post by TheGmGoken » Fri Aug 02, 2013 9:26 pm

I'll upload the video in 7 months and 30 day. Exact. EST. 9:26PM.
Last edited by TheGmGoken on Fri Aug 02, 2013 9:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ajay

Post by Ajay » Fri Aug 02, 2013 9:36 pm

Hey guys, I did magic.

But seriously, the only way this could ever be possible would be to paint your own backgrounds in.

Deadtuber.

Kamiccolo9
Namekian Warrior

Post by Kamiccolo9 » Fri Aug 02, 2013 9:36 pm

TheGmGoken wrote:I'll upload the video in 7 months and 1 day. Exact. EST. 9:26PM.
Well that's no fun :problem:
Cipher wrote:If Vegeta does not kill Gohan, I will stop illegally streaming the series.
Malik_DBNA wrote:
Scarz wrote:Malik, stop. People are asking me for lewd art of possessed Bra (with Vegeta).

TheGmGoken
Namekian Warrior

Post by TheGmGoken » Fri Aug 02, 2013 9:38 pm

Kamiccolo9 wrote:
TheGmGoken wrote:I'll upload the video in 7 months and 1 day. Exact. EST. 9:26PM.
Well that's no fun :problem:
What is not? Painting? If you're referring to me you should think of it as an epic build up.

Gaffer Tape
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Gaffer Tape » Fri Aug 02, 2013 9:40 pm

By which point we'll have all forgotten about this, right? :wink:

I'm beginning to think it wasn't quite as easy as you thought...
Do you follow the most comprehensive and entertaining Dragon Ball analysis series on YouTube? If you do, you're smart and awesome and fairly attractive. If not, see what all the fuss is about without even having to leave Kanzenshuu:

MistareFusion's Dragon Ball Dissection Series Discussion Thread! (Updated 4/1/24!)
Current Episode: A Match Made in Hell - Dragon Ball Dissection: The Super #17 Arc Part 2

TheGmGoken
Namekian Warrior

Post by TheGmGoken » Fri Aug 02, 2013 9:44 pm

Gaffer Tape wrote:
By which point we'll have all forgotten about this, right? :wink:

I'm beginning to think it wasn't quite as easy as you thought...
No...7 months(March 2nd) and 30 days is April 1st.

Gaffer Tape
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Gaffer Tape » Fri Aug 02, 2013 9:47 pm

So... does that mean you started this lengthy debate for the purposes of a joke, or did you just name April Fools' Day specifically so you wouldn't be expected to actually pony up?
Do you follow the most comprehensive and entertaining Dragon Ball analysis series on YouTube? If you do, you're smart and awesome and fairly attractive. If not, see what all the fuss is about without even having to leave Kanzenshuu:

MistareFusion's Dragon Ball Dissection Series Discussion Thread! (Updated 4/1/24!)
Current Episode: A Match Made in Hell - Dragon Ball Dissection: The Super #17 Arc Part 2

TheGmGoken
Namekian Warrior

Post by TheGmGoken » Fri Aug 02, 2013 9:52 pm

Gaffer Tape wrote:So... does that mean you started this lengthy debate for the purposes of a joke, or did you just name April Fools' Day specifically so you wouldn't be expected to actually pony up?
As a joke. I'm not an idiot. Hell in fact on Vegas itself it suggests that you DON'T stretch the image lol. Unless it's in HD of course which leads to them wanting to make the video 16:9.
Last edited by TheGmGoken on Fri Aug 02, 2013 9:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ajay

Post by Ajay » Fri Aug 02, 2013 9:54 pm

TheGmGoken wrote:leads to them wanting to make the video 16:3.
What is this mythical 16:3 aspect ratio?

Deadtuber.

TheGmGoken
Namekian Warrior

Post by TheGmGoken » Fri Aug 02, 2013 9:55 pm

AjayLikesGaming wrote:
TheGmGoken wrote:leads to them wanting to make the video 16:3.
What is this mythical 16:3 aspect ratio?
Meant to say 16:9

Kamiccolo9
Namekian Warrior

Post by Kamiccolo9 » Fri Aug 02, 2013 9:55 pm

TheGmGoken wrote:
Gaffer Tape wrote:So... does that mean you started this lengthy debate for the purposes of a joke, or did you just name April Fools' Day specifically so you wouldn't be expected to actually pony up?
As a joke. I'm not an idiot. Hell in fact on Vegas itself it suggests that you DON'T stretch the image lol. Unless it's in HD of course which leads to them wanting to make the video 16:3.
It wasn't particularly funny.
Malik_DBNA wrote:

Puto
I Live Here

Post by Puto » Fri Aug 02, 2013 10:23 pm

I wonder if something like this would be somehow feasible. Doubt it though.
Blue wrote:I love how Season 2 is so off color even the box managed to be so.

TheGmGoken
Namekian Warrior

Post by TheGmGoken » Fri Aug 02, 2013 10:35 pm

Kamiccolo9 wrote:
TheGmGoken wrote:
As a joke. I'm not an idiot. Hell in fact on Vegas itself it suggests that you DON'T stretch the image lol. Unless it's in HD of course which leads to them wanting to make the video 16:3.
It wasn't particularly funny.
Not all jokes are suppose to be funny you know.
Last edited by TheGmGoken on Fri Aug 02, 2013 10:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

astarisborn94

Post by astarisborn94 » Fri Aug 02, 2013 10:49 pm

The reason why I've hold off the sets is because of the hope that this Blu-Ray release ends up being an affordable release that's good. If they end up cropping the show again as they did with the original release, I won't get it and dread having to pay the super expensive release of the Dragon Box.

qjz123
Regular

Post by qjz123 » Fri Aug 02, 2013 11:26 pm

astarisborn94 wrote:The reason why I've hold off the sets is because of the hope that this Blu-Ray release ends up being an affordable release that's good. If they end up cropping the show again as they did with the original release, I won't get it and dread having to pay the super expensive release of the Dragon Box.
I doubt that they would release the series in 16:9 again.
Kendamu wrote:
AjayLikesGaming wrote:If you put out untouched footage, someone like me is going to take it and turn it into a perfect release. Someone not like me is going to do the same and share it instead. You give pirates the opportunity to do better than companies and people will jump on that so fast.
This is an 80s/90s animated all-ages show that was popular amongst kids. It's not some potent super weapon that might fall into the wrong hands that we have to protect from evil.