If Dragonball Online was adapted to an anime-manga series

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

TheGmGoken
Namekian Warrior

If Dragonball Online was adapted to an anime-manga series

Post by TheGmGoken » Tue Jun 25, 2013 5:42 pm

I got this idea from VegettoEX and JulieYBM. Credit them for this idea.
A Dragon Ball Online series would have really set the franchise (industry?) ablaze. I suppose it's too much of a hassle for Toei to license the story rights from Shueisha and the Korean partner.
~ Jacob
Dragon Ball Online:
This would have required a proper Japanese release of the game with larger support from all companies involved, but an animated version of the story created that leads up to Age 1000 would have been spectacular. It would have essentially been a sequel to DBZ, but that would have also "erased" Dragon Ball GT, something that I don't think they're willing to do (see: my constant comments about how no-one is willing to go on record and say "that doesn't count" about any particular project).
~ VegettoEX

I think an big up to Dragonball online would big a great anime series. With Time Patrol Trunks as the main character. But as Mr. EX said it would erase DBGT history. Something I think Toei's pride would't allow. But it could work as DBO got a pretty decent fan-base with the exception of the English and Spanish speaking players. As always with foreign games they seem to be jackasses. I think many fans would like to see the preclude to the series and it would explain a lot more than what the game is given us to be honest. I have this idea that the last episode a baby is born and the baby is the player. I think actually OST from the game for the anime. It'll give people the same feelings as if the game is playing. If the anime or manga does well it could lead to a world-wide release. I honestly want to See Goten and Trunks experience as swordsmen teachers. Then there can be several OVAs for stuff that happen in the game. For example. Miira going to past and saving Bardock. That could be an episode and include Bardock destroying himself to "kill" Miira. Plus I honestly want to see this guy animated.