Not quite a PL debate about Freeza.

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Dayspring
Kicks it Old-School

Not quite a PL debate about Freeza.

Post by Dayspring » Sat Oct 22, 2005 1:08 pm

Hey guys. Just wondering what you felt about Freeza being so powerful. Personally it bothered me that he was so damned stronger than everyone else. Even in his first form he completely overpowers Ginyu, who is already a behemoth in comparison to anybody else. By his fourth form the daizenshuu lists him as becoming 240x stronger. A bit much, no? Even if we ignore the daizenshuu we know Freeza to have a PL of over 1 million in his second form alone.

If you were to change something about this, how would you space Freeza's strength? Since nobody has ever seen him in his third form before, I would make his first form about twice as powerful as Ginyu, and his second form to be the 530,000 that he told Nail about. The third form I'd put at around 750,000 since I think the 1 million mark should only be reached once he reaches his final form (and at max 1.2-1.5 million. SSJ Goku could then be 1.5 or 2 million). That way the following sagas have a more believable strength growth. Plus it's just cooler that the final villain of the "PL saga" has a PL of over one million. :P
Captain Christopher Pike wrote:The away team will consist of myself, Cadet Kirk, Mr. Sulu, and Ensign Olsen.
Freeza Heika wrote: for the land of the cool, and the home of the Appule
The Geeky Gentleman: For all your comics, movies, TV and other geeky needs.

Rocketman
Namekian Warrior

Post by Rocketman » Sat Oct 22, 2005 1:18 pm

I don't accept the Daizenshuus anyway, but I would probably arrange Freeza's power like this:

1st - ~500,000
2nd - ~1,000,000
3rd - ~2,000,000
4th - ~4,000,000
4th 100% - ~5,500,000

And then SSj Goku would be ~6,000,000.

Chaos Saiyajin
Advanced Regular

Post by Chaos Saiyajin » Sat Oct 22, 2005 1:27 pm

Let's see...I'd go like this...

1st Form-500,000
2nd Form-750,000
3rd Form-900,000
4th Form-1,000,000
4th Form 100%-5,000,000
Mecha Freeza-10,000,000

I included Mecha Freeza because I assume that the addition of mechanical parts would boost Freeza's power level.
I really, really need to get back into the habit of posting.

Dayspring
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Dayspring » Sat Oct 22, 2005 1:51 pm

Chaos Saiyajin wrote: 4th Form 100%-5,000,000
Mecha Freeza-10,000,000

I included Mecha Freeza because I assume that the addition of mechanical parts would boost Freeza's power level.
It's been stated in the series that they did. It's also stated that King Cold is stronger than Mecha Freeza. Can you imagine how strong his fourth form would be? I bet he could give the androids a run for their money.

BTW, any reason why you feel the mechanical parts would double his strength?
Captain Christopher Pike wrote:The away team will consist of myself, Cadet Kirk, Mr. Sulu, and Ensign Olsen.

Xyex
I Live Here

Post by Xyex » Sat Oct 22, 2005 1:54 pm

I'd do it like this:

1st Form: 250,000
2nd Form: 500,000
3rd Form: 1,000,000
4th Form: 1,750,000
50% Power: 2,500,000
100% Power: 5,000,000
[Edit]
Cyborg Frieza: 7,500,000
Avys ~ DA account ~ Fanfiction ~ Chat Quotes
<Kaboom> I'm just glad that he now sounds more like Invader Zim than Rita Repulsa
<Xyex> Original Freeza never sounded like a chick to me.
<Kaboom> Neither does Rita
<Xyex> Good point.

Gamingdevil
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Gamingdevil » Sat Oct 22, 2005 4:46 pm

Dayspring wrote:
Chaos Saiyajin wrote: 4th Form 100%-5,000,000
Mecha Freeza-10,000,000

It's been stated in the series that they did. It's also stated that King Cold is stronger than Mecha Freeza. Can you imagine how strong his fourth form would be? I bet he could give the androids a run for their money.

BTW, any reason why you feel the mechanical parts would double his strength?
I always found it strange that King Cold didn't transform in the battle with Trunks, although he probably didn't get the time :?
Who said life isn't a game?

ChaotixXero
Beyond Newbie

Post by ChaotixXero » Sat Oct 22, 2005 4:53 pm

I don't think everyone in Freeza's race transforms. Remember, Freeza only made those transformations to conserve his power. So he probably made his second form to resemble his father. Freeza says stuff about his parents when fighting Goku like "No one's ever hit me like that except my parents" or something. He keeps saying he's the most powerful person in the universe. So I think Freeza is stronger than King Cold and that King Cold can't transform.

Chaos Saiyajin
Advanced Regular

Post by Chaos Saiyajin » Sat Oct 22, 2005 5:34 pm

Dayspring wrote:BTW, any reason why you feel the mechanical parts would double his strength?
I think any form of machine mixed with an oraganic being raises the power of that being. My example being #17 & #18, who were humans probably with very low PLs, but when Gero added the cybernetic parts, it increased their strength drastically.
ChaotixXero wrote:I don't think everyone in Freeza's race transforms.
What about Cooler?
ChaotixXero wrote:He keeps saying he's the most powerful person in the universe.
Of course, Freeza is a big braggart. King Cold still might've been move powerful, although, Freeza might not admit it because of his oversized ego.

El_Diablo
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by El_Diablo » Sat Oct 22, 2005 5:57 pm

Coola hardly counts.

His final transformation also defies logic and sense
Where's the beef?

Xyex
I Live Here

Post by Xyex » Sat Oct 22, 2005 6:50 pm

I've developed a new theory about Freeza and his transformations that allows for Cold to be in the Second Form and it to be his last form, as well as Cooler to have a 5th form. That is, 4th form isn't his true form in the sense that base is Goku's true form but that it was the form he was born in. I believe the way he phrased it is that he 'reverted' or something like that, not created. So he 'de-transformed' down to the other forms.

So, he just happened to be born in that form, Cold has only found up to Form 2 and, and Cooler managed to find a 5th Form that Freeza didn't know about.
<Kaboom> I'm just glad that he now sounds more like Invader Zim than Rita Repulsa
<Xyex> Good point.

ChaotixXero
Beyond Newbie

Post by ChaotixXero » Sat Oct 22, 2005 7:22 pm

Freeza was born in form 4.
Cooler isn't canon, the movies have many mistakes in them, this is no different.
King Cold, well I think he just has that one form.

MyVisionity
Banned

Post by MyVisionity » Sat Oct 22, 2005 7:51 pm

Is it stated somewhere that King Cold was in his second form? Because the way I see it Cold looked like he was still in the first form, only he's larger than Freeza.

Duo
I Live Here

Post by Duo » Sun Oct 23, 2005 5:55 am

Cold was not stated to be more powerful than Freeza...when was this occasion?

Before Son Goku, Freeza was the strongest in the universe. Just because his parents were when he was young says nothing.

As for power levels...

I don't see the need to have them lower. It all had a delightful point. I mean, even when he took on his final form and decimated Vegeta, he still used so little of his power. Goku was around that level WITHOUT KKx10 or 20, so, I mean...the growth, how much power Freeza really had...

It made him the perfect final Villain of Dragonball Z. It was all part of Toriyama-sama's build up to the end.

Too bad it went down the toilet.

B-kun
Advanced Regular

Post by B-kun » Sun Oct 23, 2005 11:06 am

Cold was stated to be stronger when Mecha Freeza and Cold approached Earth. Someone sensed Freeza's ki, and an even stronger one with him.

Dayspring
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Dayspring » Sun Oct 23, 2005 12:58 pm

Xyex wrote:I've developed a new theory about Freeza and his transformations that allows for Cold to be in the Second Form and it to be his last form, as well as Cooler to have a 5th form. That is, 4th form isn't his true form in the sense that base is Goku's true form but that it was the form he was born in. I believe the way he phrased it is that he 'reverted' or something like that, not created. So he 'de-transformed' down to the other forms.

So, he just happened to be born in that form, Cold has only found up to Form 2 and, and Cooler managed to find a 5th Form that Freeza didn't know about.
The only problem is that nobody's seen Freeza in his third or fourth form before. My thinking was that his race is known for being able to transform at least once, and that Freeza and Cooler were able to transform again through some kind of training (like SSJ2 and SSJ3 is to Saiyans, etc).

And personally I feel Cold is in his second form. :P

Xyex
I Live Here

Post by Xyex » Sun Oct 23, 2005 1:18 pm

Dayspring wrote:
Xyex wrote:I've developed a new theory about Freeza and his transformations that allows for Cold to be in the Second Form and it to be his last form, as well as Cooler to have a 5th form. That is, 4th form isn't his true form in the sense that base is Goku's true form but that it was the form he was born in. I believe the way he phrased it is that he 'reverted' or something like that, not created. So he 'de-transformed' down to the other forms.

The only problem is that nobody's seen Freeza in his third or fourth form before.
Just because no one's seen it doesn't mean he was never in that form. It just means no one was around when he was. :P And people had to have seen him in his 4th form since, well, no matter how you slice it, by what he's said he was born that way.
<Xyex> Good point.

Chaos Saiyajin
Advanced Regular

Post by Chaos Saiyajin » Sun Oct 23, 2005 3:03 pm

[quote="Xyex"]

he was born that way.

[/quote]

When was it said Freeza was born into his fourth form? I never remember hearing this.

We can't really tell if all of Freeza's race transforms, simply because we've only seen three of them. 2 out of the 3 are able to transform, so I think that transforming is a part of their life, life how a catepillar becomes a butterfly. It's just that Cold, Freeza, and Cooler, being royalty, are probably a lot stronger than the rest of their people. An average member of their race probably only goes up to form 2.

However, since the Cold family are focused on becoming the strongest in the galaxy, it is understandable why no one has seen Freeza's 3rd or 4th form, because no one except he and Cooler can attain this sort of power.

SuperFusion
Beyond Newbie

Post by SuperFusion » Sun Oct 23, 2005 3:05 pm

I know this is a little off-topic but does anyone know if Akira drew images of Cooler's first 2 forms? In his movies, he was either in his 3rd form or his final one.

Gamingdevil
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Gamingdevil » Sun Oct 23, 2005 3:16 pm

He's never shown in his third form, he's in his fourth when he arrives on Earth and his final form is his fifth (well at least when you compare him to Frieza)
Who said life isn't a game?

SuperFusion
Beyond Newbie

Post by SuperFusion » Sun Oct 23, 2005 3:20 pm

Really? In the English version(edit), he says that he's in his 3rd form.. :/