Does DBZ movie 3 hold some kind of record?

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Ringworm128
Banned

Does DBZ movie 3 hold some kind of record?

Post by Ringworm128 » Sun Jul 07, 2013 1:26 am

Does the 3rd DBZ movie hold the record for a single anime movie with the most English dubs? There's The TV Funi/Ocean/Saban dub, the uncut Pioneer/Ocean/Funi dub, the 2005 Funimation redub, the Speedy Maylaysian dub, and the AB Group dub (AKA the "Big Green" dub). That's Five different English dubs for a single movie.

Gonstead
I Live Here

Re: Does DBZ movie 3 hold some kind of record?

Post by Gonstead » Sun Jul 07, 2013 1:39 am

Funnily enough, the Malaysian/Speedy dub of Movie 3 is the only dub I don't own of that movie in my possession.

But yeah, I'd think it qualifies with having the most English dubs.
Visit DragonBallFigures for all your Dragon Ball figure info and needs!
Mayuri Kurotsuchi wrote:"In this world, nothing perfect exists. It may be a cliche after all but it's the way things are. That's precisely why ordinary men pursue the concept of perfection, it's infatuation. But ultimately I have to ask myself "What is the true meaning of being perfect?" and the answer I came up with was nothing. Not one thing. The truth of the matter is I despise perfection! If something is truly perfect, that's IT! The bottom line becomes there is no room for imagination! No space for intelligence or ability or improvement! Do you understand? To men of science like us, perfection is a dead end, a condition of hopelessness. Always strive to be better than anything that came before you but not perfect! Scientist's agonize over the attempt to achieve perfection! That's the kind of creatures we are! We take joy in trying to exceed our grasp, in trying to reach for something that in the end, we have to admit may in fact be unreachable!"
MY HOLY GRAIL (110% Serious. Please sell me one)

Puto
I Live Here

Post by Puto » Sun Jul 07, 2013 9:15 am

Would the FUNimation in-house dub count twice, once with the Johnson score and once with the Kikuchi score?

If not, then it ties with DB Movie 1:

- Harmony Gold
- BLT
- FUNi 2008 redub
- Big Green
- Malaysian English
Blue wrote:I love how Season 2 is so off color even the box managed to be so.

MuffinButton

Post by MuffinButton » Sun Jul 07, 2013 6:59 pm

Puto wrote:Would the FUNimation in-house dub count twice, once with the Johnson score and once with the Kikuchi score?
No. If so, the blu rays of the movies and 2 specials would each count as 2 english dubs.

Ringworm128
Banned

Post by Ringworm128 » Sun Jul 07, 2013 8:46 pm

Puto wrote:Would the FUNimation in-house dub count twice, once with the Johnson score and once with the Kikuchi score?

If not, then it ties with DB Movie 1:

- Harmony Gold
- BLT
- FUNi 2008 redub
- Big Green
- Malaysian English
Wasn't movie one redubed in 2010?

Puto
I Live Here

Post by Puto » Sun Jul 07, 2013 9:35 pm

Yeah, that. Got my dates wrong, sorry.

Gonstead
I Live Here

Post by Gonstead » Sun Jul 07, 2013 10:37 pm

Malaysian Speedy dub of DB Movie 1? This I gotta see.
Visit DragonBallFigures for all your Dragon Ball figure info and needs!
Mayuri Kurotsuchi wrote:"In this world, nothing perfect exists. It may be a cliche after all but it's the way things are. That's precisely why ordinary men pursue the concept of perfection, it's infatuation. But ultimately I have to ask myself "What is the true meaning of being perfect?" and the answer I came up with was nothing. Not one thing. The truth of the matter is I despise perfection! If something is truly perfect, that's IT! The bottom line becomes there is no room for imagination! No space for intelligence or ability or improvement! Do you understand? To men of science like us, perfection is a dead end, a condition of hopelessness. Always strive to be better than anything that came before you but not perfect! Scientist's agonize over the attempt to achieve perfection! That's the kind of creatures we are! We take joy in trying to exceed our grasp, in trying to reach for something that in the end, we have to admit may in fact be unreachable!"
MY HOLY GRAIL (110% Serious. Please sell me one)

ultimateemail5000
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by ultimateemail5000 » Mon Jul 08, 2013 8:40 am

Gonstead wrote:Malaysian Speedy dub of DB Movie 1? This I gotta see.
I have or had the Speedy VCD of this and it was the cut up Tristar Lionsgate release.

Puto
I Live Here

Post by Puto » Mon Jul 08, 2013 9:37 am

Oh, I figured they'd done a speedy dub of that too, since everything else got one.