If YOU Could Change GT.

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

KentalSSJ6
Born 'n Bred Here

If YOU Could Change GT.

Post by KentalSSJ6 » Fri Jul 12, 2013 9:15 pm

Back on Deviantart I posted a question on The Devil's Corpse's forum http://the-devils-corpse.deviantart.com/ asking if you had complete and utter control over GT, what would you do with it? Below is a few points id have done to the series.

*Keep Goku a adult, changing Pilaf's wish to him wishing to have enough money to buy a robot that could beat Goku or something along those lines.

*Have Uub replace Trunks when Goku goes into space to find
the Dragonballs as Uub could better test his abilities against foes such as Rildo.

*Keep the Super 17 arc, but have it happen while Goku, Pan, and Uub are in space, leaving Gohan, Vegeta and the others to deal with the threat as well as introduce adult Gotenks.

*Keep the baby arc mainly unchanged for the most part beside keeping character strength consistent, maybe having Baby possess Gohan instead of Vegeta as Gohan should still be slightly stronger.

*Alter SSJ4's design, changing the fur to a dark brown similar to the normal Oozaru fur color and get rid of its magic clothes properties, having Goku wear Saiyan battle armor like material when he undergoes the transformation.

*Have Pan be more like Goku as she was in the end of DBZ, enjoying martial arts training and being less of a damsel. Also have her go SSJ1 at least once in the series

*Leave the Shadow Dragon arc alone except for having SSJ4 Gogeta retain his serious personality from Fusion Reborn and actually kill Omega Shenron and maybe have SSJ3 Gotenks help out in the fight.

*Have Vegeta keep his mustache (just kidding)

*Have Old Kai have no knowledge of SSJ4 as it would have been impossible.
Deviantart (NSFW) - http://yamato012.deviantart.com/
DBSW Group Page - http://dbsw.deviantart.com/
Still the 1k Sniper - [spoiler]http://orig10.deviantart.net/6a02/f/201 ... 8npe7r.png[/spoiler]

Insertclevername
I Live Here

Re: If YOU Could Change GT.

Post by Insertclevername » Fri Jul 12, 2013 9:24 pm

If the series was to be kept similar to the real thing...

*Keep the child Gokuu only until he transforms into Super Saiyan 4.

*Have the series primarily be based around Oob, Pan, Trunks and Goten.
-Give Pan more of growth

*Remove the Super 17 arc (perhaps use the story for a T.V special or a movie?).

*Involve the Makaio(shin) and the demon realm. They could have their own arc.

*Keep the strengths and transformations consistent.

*Improve the fight choreography and have more original attacks (as in not have all three villains use a "death ball").

*Not have everyone but the protagonist be a chump.
OR

*Have it about Gokuu Jr. & co.
Cipher wrote:Also, you can seriously like whatever and still get laid. That's a revelation that'll hit you at some point.

DragonBalllKaiHD
I Live Here

Post by DragonBalllKaiHD » Fri Jul 12, 2013 9:34 pm

KentalSSJ6 wrote:*Alter SSJ4's design, changing the fur to a dark brown similar to the normal Oozaru fur color and get rid of its magic clothes properties, having Goku wear Saiyan battle armor like material when he undergoes the transformation.
I don't ever understand why this bothers so much to the people. This needs to stop. It's just a set of clothes.

By the way, Kental, it's kind of hypocrite if you wanna get rid of clothes for SSJ4, but you WANT to have a Saiyan Armor when he undergoes the transformation.
Katsuyoshi Nakatsuru's #1 biggest fan

A piece of animation is a beauty of art.

KentalSSJ6
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by KentalSSJ6 » Fri Jul 12, 2013 9:40 pm

Yeah GT's biggest flaw seemed to be the horribly inconsistent character strengths. I will defend Super 17 to a point though. Depending on how that fusion is handled, id say Super 17 would be around SSJ3 level. Also, he absorbs energy attacks and Goku fired a rather long X10 Kamehameha at him which got completely absorbed. So in reality, its not much of a stretch to say SSJ4 Goku VS Super 17 was a botched fight. The way it ended was BS though, ill admit that much. Also I dont think Makaioshin would be much of a threat. They are stated to be weaker than the Supreme Kaioshin and East Supreme Kai backed down to Goku when he tried keeping him from fighting Majin Vegeta. By the time GT came around, I think a Makaioshin would easily be squashed by Goku and company.
Still the 1k Sniper - [spoiler]http://orig10.deviantart.net/6a02/f/201 ... 8npe7r.png[/spoiler]

Saiga
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Saiga » Fri Jul 12, 2013 9:42 pm

Just because it doesn't bother you doesn't mean other people aren't allowed to be bothered by it. It's a legitimate complaint, it's pretty random.

And I'm preeetty sure he meant wearing clothes that were of a similar material to the Saiyan armour to prevent the whole nakedness issue on becoming an Oozaru. Because those are stretchy.

Not that Super Saiyan 4 comes with free battle armour.
Last edited by Saiga on Fri Jul 12, 2013 9:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I'm re-watching Dragon Ball GT in full on my blog. Check it out if you're interested in my thoughts on the series as I watch through it!

KentalSSJ6
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by KentalSSJ6 » Fri Jul 12, 2013 9:42 pm

DragonBalllKaiHD wrote:
KentalSSJ6 wrote:*Alter SSJ4's design, changing the fur to a dark brown similar to the normal Oozaru fur color and get rid of its magic clothes properties, having Goku wear Saiyan battle armor like material when he undergoes the transformation.
I don't ever understand why this bothers so much to the people. This needs to stop. It's just a set of clothes.

By the way, Kental, it's kind of hypocrite if you wanna get rid of clothes for SSJ4, but you WANT to have a Saiyan Armor when he undergoes the transformation.

When I say this, I mean Goku could just wear something along the lines Vegeta wore during the Saiyan saga. When he turned Oozaru, the armor and clothes he wore expanded with him. Goku's clothes when he went SSJ4 were just clothes. In reality after turning SSJ4 Goku should have been naked so they could have at least had him wear Saiyan armor or one of the suits Bulma made.

DragonBalllKaiHD
I Live Here

Post by DragonBalllKaiHD » Fri Jul 12, 2013 9:56 pm

Saiga wrote:Just because it doesn't bother you doesn't mean other people aren't allowed to be bothered by it. It's a legitimate complaint, it's pretty random.

And I'm preeetty sure he meant wearing clothes that were of a similar material to the Saiyan armour to prevent the whole nakedness issue on becoming an Oozaru. Because those are stretchy.

How is that a legitimate complaint? To me they just complained for the sake of complaining. Quite frankly, it's annoying.

I would bet you that SSJ4 wouldn't be as popular if it was naked. It's just.... won't look good. It's better if he just wears clothes.
KentalSSJ6 wrote:
DragonBalllKaiHD wrote:

When I say this, I mean Goku could just wear something along the lines Vegeta wore during the Saiyan saga. When he turned Oozaru, the armor and clothes he wore expanded with him. Goku's clothes when he went SSJ4 were just clothes. In reality after turning SSJ4 Goku should have been naked so they could have at least had him wear Saiyan armor or one of the suits Bulma made.
No, no, no. It's not very appealing at all. That is even worse than nakedness. It would just clash with SSJ4's appearance.
Katsuyoshi Nakatsuru's #1 biggest fan

A piece of animation is a beauty of art.

Saiga
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Saiga » Fri Jul 12, 2013 10:04 pm

DragonBalllKaiHD wrote:
Saiga wrote:Just because it doesn't bother you doesn't mean other people aren't allowed to be bothered by it. It's a legitimate complaint, it's pretty random.

How is that a legitimate complaint? To me they just complained for the sake of complaining. Quite frankly, it's annoying.
It's a legitimate complaint because it's something that isn't explained, doesn't show up in any of the other transformations, and doesn't really make sense to begin with.

I never said it should be naked (although if the lower body was completely covered in fur like an Oozaru I don't think it'd be unpopular, it'd even work to give it a feral look without being crass), but magic pants that go without any explanation whatsoever aren't the best solution. It's even worse when the clothes don't even match what the characters are wearing beforehand, it's just inconsistent.
I'm re-watching Dragon Ball GT in full on my blog. Check it out if you're interested in my thoughts on the series as I watch through it!

KentalSSJ6
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by KentalSSJ6 » Fri Jul 12, 2013 10:05 pm

^ Well its that, or Piccolo could just clothes beam him after the transformation. Also forgot to mention id remove the "Super Saiyan" out of the form. In reality its not much of a SSJ form if you go along with the GT Perfect Files. It says in there that its called "Super Saiyan" 4 out of convenience and to call the form a evolution would not be a exaggeration. I believe The Devil's Corpse has his own phrase for the form, Hitoozaru which I think translates into Man Ape. In english terms id just call it True Saiyan.

Insertclevername
I Live Here

Post by Insertclevername » Fri Jul 12, 2013 10:05 pm

DragonBalllKaiHD wrote: How is that a legitimate complaint? To me they just complained for the sake of complaining. Quite frankly, it's annoying.
How is that not a legitimate complaint? Some designs don't sit well with everyone and it's magical properties are far fetched enough to raise a few eyebrows. Besides, it's his version of GT.
Cipher wrote:Also, you can seriously like whatever and still get laid. That's a revelation that'll hit you at some point.

KentalSSJ6
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by KentalSSJ6 » Fri Jul 12, 2013 10:14 pm

Insertclevername wrote:
DragonBalllKaiHD wrote: How is that a legitimate complaint? To me they just complained for the sake of complaining. Quite frankly, it's annoying.
How is that not a legitimate complaint? Some designs don't sit well with everyone and it's magical properties are far fetched enough to raise a few eyebrows. Besides, it's his version of GT.

To be honest I did and still enjoy GT to a point. I mean not as much as I did when it first came out where I was all "OMG Dragonball!" If anything id just like to edit and change some things in GT to make it a more consistent show in terms of characters and plot. The idea of overusing the Dragonballs? Loved it, the Tuffles coming back for revenge? Also a great concept. SSJ4? Friggin love it, my favorite form of all time. It was just the execution of these ideas where the show fell flat.

UpFromTheSkies
I Live Here

Post by UpFromTheSkies » Fri Jul 12, 2013 10:51 pm

To the people complaining about the magic clothes, you need to stop taking the series so seriously. Remember that Dragon Ball is first and foremost a gag manga/anime, and the characters you're discussing are named after food items and underwear.

TheMightyOzaru
Banned

Post by TheMightyOzaru » Sat Jul 13, 2013 3:11 am

There are so many possibilities I don't know where to start. I guess the first thing I would do is make Goku and adult again for good upon ascending to SSJ4. Second I would try to make it remain as faithful as possible the manga which means no Super 17. Evil people don't keep their bodies in the manga. I would remove the Para brothers. I would remove all the unnecessary Goku wank. Seriously base Goku > Cell is enough to make me face-desk. I would make other characters more useful by bringing strategy back into the mix. Seriously the constant dick measuring with the power levels was getting too overdone. I would make Vegeta a SSJ3. I would keep Gohan's Ultimate state. I would throw Adult Gotenks in there.... That's all I got off the top of my head.
Vegeta: "Funny... I seem to recall Kakarot being fed the same information right before he transformed; the distinct look on your faces when he went Super Saiyan didn't exactly inspire confidence. One does not predict or calculate power like ours."
Youtube channel:
http://www.youtube.com/user/ThePrinceOfSaiyajins
My 3DS Friend Code:
2707-1669-7946

DBZGTKOSDH
Namekian Warrior

Post by DBZGTKOSDH » Sat Jul 13, 2013 8:59 am

• I would add Oob in the group for space, maybe Goten as well.
  • I would have SS2 Vegeta & Gohan (with fucking sparks), Ultimate Gohan, and Gotenks (base, SS, SS3).
  • I would give new forms to all the main fighters: Goku would get SS4, Pan would get Super Saiyan, Goten & Trunks would get SS2 (and maybe even SS3), Gohan would get SS4, Vegeta would get SS3 & SS4, Oob would merge with Mr. Boo, SS4 Gogeta, and a Fusion between Gohan & Oob could be nice as well.
  • I would make all the inconsistent power statements & feats (ex, GT base Goku > Z SS3 Goku) go away.
  • I would make Goku a Super Saiyan 2 against Freeza & Cell in Hell.
  • I would give the villains in Hell halos.
  • I would make robots like #19 not appear escaping from Hell.
  • I would make the villains that escaped from Hell getting erased from existence instead of dying for a second time, but Freeza & Cell would still be immortal as long as they stay in the AfterLife.
  • I would make the Evil Dragon stronger, and I would have all the Z-Senshi (Goku, Gohan, Goten, Pan, Vegeta, Trunks, Oob) fight them in their strongest form, instead of just Goku & Pan.
  • I would make a nice fight between Goku and Gohan & Goten (Baby possessed).
  • I wouldn't make SS3 Goku stronger than U. Gohan.
  • I would give Bra some more importance.
  • I wouldn't have only Goku on the spotlight.
  • I would have Toriyama as a joke adviser.
  • I would find a way to make it more enjoyable.
  • I would keep Vegeta with mustache, and I would have him transform into SS, SS2, SS3, Oozaru, Golden Oozaru, and SS4 with it for the lolz.
  • I would make a movie or two with Goku Jr. & Vegeta Jr.
And that's it for now. I wouldn't change anything else.
James Teal (Animerica 1996) wrote:When you think about it, there are a number of similarities between the Chinese-inspired Son Goku and that most American of superhero icons, Superman. Both are aliens sent to Earth shortly after birth to escape the destruction of their homeworlds; both possess super-strength, flight, super-speed, heightened senses and the ability to cast energy blasts. But the crucial difference between them lies not only in how they view the world, but in how the world views them.

Superman is, and always has been, a symbol for truth, justice, and upstanding moral fortitude–a role model and leader as much as a fighter. The more down-to-earth Goku has no illusions about being responsible for maintaining social order, or for setting some kind of moral example for the entire world. Goku is simply a martial artist who’s devoted his life toward perfecting his fighting skills and other abilities. Though never shy about risking his life to save either one person or the entire world, he just doesn’t believe that the balance of the world rests in any way on his shoulders, and he has no need to shape any part of it in his image. Goku is an idealist, and believes that there is some good in everyone, but he is unconcerned with the big picture of the world…unless it has to do with some kind of fight. Politics, society, law and order don’t have much bearing on his life, but he’s a man who knows right from wrong.

Fizzer
Advanced Regular

Post by Fizzer » Sat Jul 13, 2013 9:03 am

There would be much less of a focus on Goku. I would actually have Baby possess Goku and not Vegeta, as it makes more sense for Vegeta to be the one that Baby wants to destroy instead of converting anyway. Vegeta is the main protagonist of that arc. If I'm allowed to say that his tail grew back earlier in the series, as he should have, then he doesn't need his tail pulling out, and he didn't transform since the Saiyan arc because Earth has no moon. He can look up at the Earth on the Tsufuru planet and realise that he thinks of it as home, after his first home was destroyed he finally came to love another planet and now that one would be destroyed as well, then he transforms and gets SSJ4 instead of Goku, with Bra taking Pan's role in the events.

In the Super 17 arc, all of the Saiyans, not just Goku, are lured into Hell. Goku isn't even the strongest protagonist at this point anyway, and there's no reason for Cell or Dr Mu to hate him the most of all. Chichi and Videl could fight some of the weaker villains such as the Red Ribbon Army.

Pan would be more powerful and much more like a female Goku. Oob would have a bigger role. Bra would have a fighting role. I'm not sure if I'd want to introduce adult Gotenks, but I definitely wouldn't tease at it and then stop.

Marco Polo
I Live Here

Post by Marco Polo » Sat Jul 13, 2013 9:23 am

UpFromTheSkies wrote:To the people complaining about the magic clothes, you need to stop taking the series so seriously. Remember that Dragon Ball is first and foremost a gag manga/anime, and the characters you're discussing are named after food items and underwear.

Early Dragon Ball was "first and foremost a gag manga/anime". You can't honestly say that about Dragon Ball GT.

ABED
Namekian Warrior

Post by ABED » Sat Jul 13, 2013 9:46 am

I have little problem with GT's humor. My problem is the badly executed fights. GT could've made better use of their secondary characters. Hell, there are 7 Evil Dragons, why should Goku fight them all? I don't mind much of GT. I think there are a lot of great ideas, but just poor execution. First and foremost, I want better fights. Case in point, after turning SS4, Goku's supposed to be overflowing with power, but a few less than impressive attacks and he's tapped out. The fights should be fast, furious and epic. I mean epic in scale, not length.
The biggest truths aren't original. The truth is ketchup. It's Jim Belushi. Its job isn't to blow our minds. It's to be within reach.
"You miss 100% of the shots you don't take - Wayne Gretzky" - Michael Scott
Happiness is climate, not weather.

KentalSSJ6
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by KentalSSJ6 » Sat Jul 13, 2013 3:45 pm

ABED wrote:I have little problem with GT's humor. My problem is the badly executed fights. GT could've made better use of their secondary characters. Hell, there are 7 Evil Dragons, why should Goku fight them all? I don't mind much of GT. I think there are a lot of great ideas, but just poor execution. First and foremost, I want better fights. Case in point, after turning SS4, Goku's supposed to be overflowing with power, but a few less than impressive attacks and he's tapped out. The fights should be fast, furious and epic. I mean epic in scale, not length.

In SSJ4 Goku's defense, he was holding back. He was trying to kill Baby without destroying Vegeta's body. If it was Baby in his own body, Goku would have obliterated him but again, Vegeta was possessed and Goku was trying not to hurt him.

Kaboom

Post by Kaboom » Sat Jul 13, 2013 4:09 pm

I'd do this.

Except faster.
deviantART
FanFic: DragonBall GT Revised
[thread]
Powar Levuls: Main Series | Movies and Specials | GT
Nintendo/PSN/Steam: KaboomKrusader
ACNH Dream Address: DA-1637-4046-7415 ("SlamZone")
(Not) lost (enough) DB Super plots!
A handy video guide to Kanzenshuu-level grammar quality!

ABED
Namekian Warrior

Post by ABED » Sat Jul 13, 2013 5:29 pm

KentalSSJ6 wrote:
ABED wrote:I have little problem with GT's humor. My problem is the badly executed fights. GT could've made better use of their secondary characters. Hell, there are 7 Evil Dragons, why should Goku fight them all? I don't mind much of GT. I think there are a lot of great ideas, but just poor execution. First and foremost, I want better fights. Case in point, after turning SS4, Goku's supposed to be overflowing with power, but a few less than impressive attacks and he's tapped out. The fights should be fast, furious and epic. I mean epic in scale, not length.

In SSJ4 Goku's defense, he was holding back. He was trying to kill Baby without destroying Vegeta's body. If it was Baby in his own body, Goku would have obliterated him but again, Vegeta was possessed and Goku was trying not to hurt him.
You've stated why he wasn't using his all against Baby, but not why he's sapped after a few attacks. I prefer the fights to be fast and brutal like Goku vs. Piccolo or Vegeta.
The biggest truths aren't original. The truth is ketchup. It's Jim Belushi. Its job isn't to blow our minds. It's to be within reach.
"You miss 100% of the shots you don't take - Wayne Gretzky" - Michael Scott
Happiness is climate, not weather.