The Awesome Possum's DB Review Blog Thread Thingy

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

theawesomepossum777
Beyond Newbie

The Awesome Possum's DB Review Blog Thread Thingy

Post by theawesomepossum777 » Thu Aug 01, 2013 5:02 pm

I've decided that I would like to make a sort of review thread blog thing, sort of like Biba-Sennin's Dragon Blog site. I'm sort of a lazy guy, so I won't start by reviewing with the first episode of DBZ or DB. This will be my first time watching the early parts of the series in Japanese. I will be watching Dragon Ball Z on Daisuki, and I'll be watching Dragon Ball on Hulu. I'll start reviewing with DBZ: Episode #008 for now.

Dragon Ball Z: Episode #008

Let me start with saying that this episode did a good job with mashing filler and canon. Kuririn visiting the Son household flowed well with Chi-Chi and Gyumao traveling to Kame House. The episode had decent art with meh animation. Episode #007 was awesome compared to this episode. It also gave me a good opportunity to snips some images. :P

Doesn't this remind you of a certain character in One Piece? :wink:

Bulma just became the In-Universe Disccusion Board, if they had a scouter. :lol: Sorry if the quality isn't very good in this image.[/spoiler]

Piccolo makes an odd observation of Gohan.

You're a sly one, Mr. Piccolo.

This would have been freaking awesome if it actually happened in the series.

That's an awkward zoom in on Toei's part...

Typical Gyumao.

Chi-Chi is either psychic, or she's trying to use Instantaneous Movement early on in the series.
Last edited by theawesomepossum777 on Tue Oct 08, 2013 4:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

theawesomepossum777
Beyond Newbie

Re: The Awesome Possum's DB Review Blog Thread Thingy

Post by theawesomepossum777 » Mon Oct 07, 2013 12:13 am

Continuing where I left off.....

Dragon Ball Z: Episode #009

This is a very infamous episode in the Saiyan Arc filler. It is usually cited as one of the best filler episodes in the series. Back then in the first run of the first english dub for DBZ, Funimation scraped most of this episode because you can cut it without any blatant inconsistencies. However, they still kept Fake Namek, which is 10x worse. Great job Funi. :roll: Anyway, this episode was really emotional,and I find it interesting that Toei gave the robot such a deep voice. I feel that Toei is inconsistent on what characters get a deep voice or not. It's like they flip a coin a lot of the time. Getting back on track, here are some screencaps I did with their own corny captions made by me. :P

I swear he pees every time we see him. The contradiction being that he is malnourished.

Where is Mr. Prince when you need him...

It's like the Sarlaac Pit, but without the Sarlaac.

"But I'm already dead, so I don't need food! Yohohohoho!"

What picture books are you reading, Gohan? This is like the Gohan version of, "I got it from the Internet."

You didn't have to do that for Gohan, Mr. Robot... :(

Mister.... :cry:

Don't cry, Son Gohan. Be determined. Walk with conviction while an awesome BGM plays...
Last edited by theawesomepossum777 on Tue Oct 08, 2013 5:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tanooki Kuribo
I Live Here

Post by Tanooki Kuribo » Mon Oct 07, 2013 11:31 am

There's really no need to put those images in a spoiler tab.

theawesomepossum777
Beyond Newbie

Post by theawesomepossum777 » Mon Oct 07, 2013 1:51 pm

Tanooki Kuribo wrote:There's really no need to put those images in a spoiler tab.
If I put all of the images all at once without spoiler tabs, it wouldn't be fair for people who have bad Internet.

Ajay

Post by Ajay » Mon Oct 07, 2013 2:03 pm

I'm fairly sure they load regardless. They're just hidden when inside the tags.
Follow me on Twitter for countless shitposts.

Deadtuber.

theawesomepossum777
Beyond Newbie

Post by theawesomepossum777 » Tue Oct 08, 2013 4:55 pm

AjayLikesGaming wrote:I'm fairly sure they load regardless. They're just hidden when inside the tags.
I didn't know that. I'm going to change it now that I know it was useless.

EDIT: Fixed!