:( Why did they get rid of Mirai Trunks?

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: Kanzenshuu Staff, General Help

User avatar
AznMastah
Newbie
Posts: 23
Joined: Wed Oct 12, 2005 12:01 pm

:( Why did they get rid of Mirai Trunks?

Post by AznMastah » Wed Nov 16, 2005 6:43 pm

Yeah first this is probably a stupid dicussion but i wanted to post it up to get others opinions. But anyways I don't understand why Toriyama cut Trunks off after the Cell series even though Mirai (Future) his favorite character. IT'S NOT FAIR!!!! (Grumbles*)
[/img]
If I'm dodging i wont get hit, if i'm protecting someone I won't let them die, and if I'm attacking...I WILL CUT YOU!!!!

User avatar
Domon
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie
Posts: 376
Joined: Mon Jan 24, 2005 12:52 pm
Location: someplace...

Post by Domon » Wed Nov 16, 2005 7:12 pm

Because there was no purpose in using him after that point, and it would have been awkward to have two different Trunks in the Boo saga.


Beside, what is he suppose to do in the present? Go fishing with himself and daddy?

ChaotixXero
Beyond Newbie
Posts: 198
Joined: Wed Dec 29, 2004 5:40 am
Contact:

Post by ChaotixXero » Wed Nov 16, 2005 7:34 pm

Don't forget he needed to protect his timeline. He didn't want to worry his mother.

User avatar
Hao_Kaiser
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie
Posts: 437
Joined: Wed Nov 02, 2005 1:36 pm
Location: Kentucky

Post by Hao_Kaiser » Wed Nov 16, 2005 7:34 pm

I kind of agree, it would have been nice to see what was happening during the Buu saga in the alternate timeline.

User avatar
desirecampbell
Moderator
Posts: 4296
Joined: Sat Oct 22, 2005 9:55 pm
Location: Ontario, Canada
Contact:

Post by desirecampbell » Wed Nov 16, 2005 8:03 pm

ChaotixXero wrote:Don't forget he needed to protect his timeline. He didn't want to worry his mother.
He would have traveled back to almost the exact instant he left Bulma, she would've seen Trunks get in the pod, a flash of light, then she'd see Trunks get out of the pod.

She'd never even know if he hadn't told her :D

User avatar
Pedro The Hutt
OMG CRAZY REG
Posts: 781
Joined: Sun Dec 26, 2004 5:37 pm
Location: Belgium
Contact:

Post by Pedro The Hutt » Wed Nov 16, 2005 8:34 pm

Other than the fact that Trunks suddenly aged several years.
"Wow, it took you that long to defeat the Jinzoningen?" XD

User avatar
Domon
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie
Posts: 376
Joined: Mon Jan 24, 2005 12:52 pm
Location: someplace...

Post by Domon » Wed Nov 16, 2005 8:50 pm

Hao_Kaiser wrote:I kind of agree, it would have been nice to see what was happening during the Buu saga in the alternate timeline.
But we already do know what was happening in Trunks' timeline during the Boo saga: Nos. 17 and 18 were wreaking havoc throughout the world, and (presumably) Bulma and 7-years old Trunks were in hiding somewhere). Babiddi and Boo just never showed up during this point for whatever reason.

The better question would be; what was he during the time of end of Z/beginning of GT. Building and rebuilding society, I would think.
Last edited by Domon on Thu Nov 17, 2005 5:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Chaos Saiyajin
Advanced Regular
Posts: 1343
Joined: Sat Oct 15, 2005 8:35 pm
Location: Kentucky, USA
Contact:

Post by Chaos Saiyajin » Wed Nov 16, 2005 10:49 pm

I really would've of wished Mirai Trunks would've appeared in the Buu saga. I'd would've liked it if he'd come back to join the 25th Tenkaichi Budokai with the others, then stay to help fight Buu. By this time, he'd probably be an SSJ2 and could've been a big help to Goku, Vegeta, Gohan, Goten, Chibi Trunks, and Piccolo.

If Buu did appear in the Mirai Timeline, I think that Trunks would probably find a way to beat him...maybe he'd even go SSJ3!
I really, really need to get back into the habit of posting.

User avatar
Dayspring
Kicks it Old-School
Posts: 7753
Joined: Tue Jan 13, 2004 6:00 pm
Location: Quebec, Canada

Post by Dayspring » Wed Nov 16, 2005 10:54 pm

Chaos Saiyajin wrote: If Buu did appear in the Mirai Timeline, I think that Trunks would probably find a way to beat him...maybe he'd even go SSJ3!
Buu didn't appear in timeline 2 for a reason, though: when Babidi was searching for energy to revive Buu, only Gohan and Trunks were alive.
Captain Christopher Pike wrote:The away team will consist of myself, Cadet Kirk, Mr. Sulu, and Ensign Olsen.
Freeza Heika wrote: for the land of the cool, and the home of the Appule
The Geeky Gentleman: For all your comics, movies, TV and other geeky needs.

User avatar
AznMastah
Newbie
Posts: 23
Joined: Wed Oct 12, 2005 12:01 pm

Post by AznMastah » Wed Nov 16, 2005 11:04 pm

:D Haha I'm confused
If I'm dodging i wont get hit, if i'm protecting someone I won't let them die, and if I'm attacking...I WILL CUT YOU!!!!

User avatar
desirecampbell
Moderator
Posts: 4296
Joined: Sat Oct 22, 2005 9:55 pm
Location: Ontario, Canada
Contact:

Post by desirecampbell » Wed Nov 16, 2005 11:11 pm

AznMastah wrote::D Haha I'm confused
The timelines are really confusing - trust me.

User avatar
Xyex
I Live Here
Posts: 4978
Joined: Sat Apr 03, 2004 7:15 am
Location: The 7th moon of nowhere, right-side of forever
Contact:

Post by Xyex » Thu Nov 17, 2005 12:11 am

Dayspring wrote:
Chaos Saiyajin wrote: If Buu did appear in the Mirai Timeline, I think that Trunks would probably find a way to beat him...maybe he'd even go SSJ3!
Buu didn't appear in timeline 2 for a reason, though: when Babidi was searching for energy to revive Buu, only Gohan and Trunks were alive.
Yep, and Trunks was still a little kid while Gohan wasn't even a quarter as strong as in the anime time-line. Plus, with the thousands (or even millions) that the Androids had wiped out... I doubt there was enough energy on the entire planet to revive Buu.
Avys ~ DA account ~ Fanfiction ~ Chat Quotes
<Kaboom> I'm just glad that he now sounds more like Invader Zim than Rita Repulsa
<Xyex> Original Freeza never sounded like a chick to me.
<Kaboom> Neither does Rita
<Xyex> Good point.

User avatar
Akira
Regular
Posts: 709
Joined: Tue Dec 28, 2004 11:13 pm
Location: United States of America

Post by Akira » Thu Nov 17, 2005 12:45 am

It is possible that Babidi was even caught off guard and killed by the Androids, and thus Buu was left sleeping in his ball.

User avatar
desirecampbell
Moderator
Posts: 4296
Joined: Sat Oct 22, 2005 9:55 pm
Location: Ontario, Canada
Contact:

Post by desirecampbell » Thu Nov 17, 2005 1:04 am

Akira wrote:It is possible that Babidi was even caught off guard and killed by the Androids, and thus Buu was left sleeping in his ball.
that seems quite possible. Assuming the Androids were stronger than Dabura.

User avatar
Xyex
I Live Here
Posts: 4978
Joined: Sat Apr 03, 2004 7:15 am
Location: The 7th moon of nowhere, right-side of forever
Contact:

Post by Xyex » Thu Nov 17, 2005 2:03 am

desirecampbell wrote:
Akira wrote:It is possible that Babidi was even caught off guard and killed by the Androids, and thus Buu was left sleeping in his ball.
that seems quite possible. Assuming the Androids were stronger than Dabura.
Dabura's strength wouldn't be a factor. Since the Androids give off no Ki they wouldn't have sensed 17 and 18 coming. They could have killed Babidi before anyone even knew they were there.
Avys ~ DA account ~ Fanfiction ~ Chat Quotes
<Kaboom> I'm just glad that he now sounds more like Invader Zim than Rita Repulsa
<Xyex> Original Freeza never sounded like a chick to me.
<Kaboom> Neither does Rita
<Xyex> Good point.

User avatar
desirecampbell
Moderator
Posts: 4296
Joined: Sat Oct 22, 2005 9:55 pm
Location: Ontario, Canada
Contact:

Post by desirecampbell » Thu Nov 17, 2005 2:49 am

Xyex wrote:
desirecampbell wrote:
Akira wrote:It is possible that Babidi was even caught off guard and killed by the Androids, and thus Buu was left sleeping in his ball.
that seems quite possible. Assuming the Androids were stronger than Dabura.
Dabura's strength wouldn't be a factor. Since the Androids give off no Ki they wouldn't have sensed 17 and 18 coming. They could have killed Babidi before anyone even knew they were there.
I meant that they would need to kill Dabura or he would go on quite the rampage - and that doesn't seem to happen in that timeline.

TheLiveActionAnimeBoy
Newbie
Posts: 21
Joined: Fri Oct 28, 2005 3:18 pm
Location: Gilbert, AZ
Contact:

Post by TheLiveActionAnimeBoy » Thu Nov 17, 2005 10:12 am

Not to be totally off the subject, but this whole confusion of timelines has given me a reasonable idea about how time travel would work out and how it would result.

I mean seriously, if you went back in time to kill your own parents, would that at all affect your current existance to begin with? Or would you cease to exist at the same time as your parents once you kill them?

Would time change in your own timeline? Or would you create "another reality" that was put in this whole situation in DBZ?

User avatar
Adnan
Beyond Newbie
Posts: 136
Joined: Tue Apr 19, 2005 10:58 am
Location: Montreal, Canada

Post by Adnan » Thu Nov 17, 2005 10:43 am

Well since Time travel is not possible, asking such questions is pointless anyway.

Assuming time travel was possible, I'd go with the second theory because the first one would be a paradox: If you kill your parents, then you never existed. But if you never existed, you couldn't have killed your parents.

Anyway, going back to the original topic, although I liked the character I think it would have looked forced to bring him into the Buu Saga.

User avatar
Dayspring
Kicks it Old-School
Posts: 7753
Joined: Tue Jan 13, 2004 6:00 pm
Location: Quebec, Canada

Post by Dayspring » Thu Nov 17, 2005 11:43 am

Ack! Please go to the "Return my Gohan!" thread! We went off-topic there too and JUST finished explaining how the timelines officially work. The answer is yes, it is paradoxical, which is why Mirai Trunks' timeline was unaffected by the changes; he went into a different timeline altogether.
Captain Christopher Pike wrote:The away team will consist of myself, Cadet Kirk, Mr. Sulu, and Ensign Olsen.
Freeza Heika wrote: for the land of the cool, and the home of the Appule
The Geeky Gentleman: For all your comics, movies, TV and other geeky needs.

User avatar
Gamingdevil
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie
Posts: 393
Joined: Wed Mar 16, 2005 5:10 pm
Location: Roeselare,West-Vlaanderen, Belgium

Post by Gamingdevil » Thu Nov 17, 2005 12:12 pm

TheLiveActionAnimeBoy wrote:Not to be totally off the subject, but this whole confusion of timelines has given me a reasonable idea about how time travel would work out and how it would result.

I mean seriously, if you went back in time to kill your own parents, would that at all affect your current existance to begin with? Or would you cease to exist at the same time as your parents once you kill them?

Would time change in your own timeline? Or would you create "another reality" that was put in this whole situation in DBZ?
In DBZ it wouldn't affect anything, but in the more accepted theories, you would indeed stop to exist.
Who said life isn't a game?

Post Reply