:( Why did they get rid of Mirai Trunks?

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

AznMastah

:( Why did they get rid of Mirai Trunks?

Post by AznMastah » Wed Nov 16, 2005 6:43 pm

Yeah first this is probably a stupid dicussion but i wanted to post it up to get others opinions. But anyways I don't understand why Toriyama cut Trunks off after the Cell series even though Mirai (Future) his favorite character. IT'S NOT FAIR!!!! (Grumbles*)
[/img]
If I'm dodging i wont get hit, if i'm protecting someone I won't let them die, and if I'm attacking...I WILL CUT YOU!!!!

Domon
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Domon » Wed Nov 16, 2005 7:12 pm

Because there was no purpose in using him after that point, and it would have been awkward to have two different Trunks in the Boo saga.

Beside, what is he suppose to do in the present? Go fishing with himself and daddy?

ChaotixXero
Beyond Newbie

Post by ChaotixXero » Wed Nov 16, 2005 7:34 pm

Don't forget he needed to protect his timeline. He didn't want to worry his mother.

Hao_Kaiser
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Hao_Kaiser » Wed Nov 16, 2005 7:34 pm

I kind of agree, it would have been nice to see what was happening during the Buu saga in the alternate timeline.

desirecampbell

Post by desirecampbell » Wed Nov 16, 2005 8:03 pm

ChaotixXero wrote:Don't forget he needed to protect his timeline. He didn't want to worry his mother.
He would have traveled back to almost the exact instant he left Bulma, she would've seen Trunks get in the pod, a flash of light, then she'd see Trunks get out of the pod.

She'd never even know if he hadn't told her :D

Pedro The Hutt
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Pedro The Hutt » Wed Nov 16, 2005 8:34 pm

Other than the fact that Trunks suddenly aged several years.
"Wow, it took you that long to defeat the Jinzoningen?" XD

Domon
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Domon » Wed Nov 16, 2005 8:50 pm

Hao_Kaiser wrote:I kind of agree, it would have been nice to see what was happening during the Buu saga in the alternate timeline.
But we already do know what was happening in Trunks' timeline during the Boo saga: Nos. 17 and 18 were wreaking havoc throughout the world, and (presumably) Bulma and 7-years old Trunks were in hiding somewhere). Babiddi and Boo just never showed up during this point for whatever reason.

The better question would be; what was he during the time of end of Z/beginning of GT. Building and rebuilding society, I would think.
Last edited by Domon on Thu Nov 17, 2005 5:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

Chaos Saiyajin
Advanced Regular

Post by Chaos Saiyajin » Wed Nov 16, 2005 10:49 pm

I really would've of wished Mirai Trunks would've appeared in the Buu saga. I'd would've liked it if he'd come back to join the 25th Tenkaichi Budokai with the others, then stay to help fight Buu. By this time, he'd probably be an SSJ2 and could've been a big help to Goku, Vegeta, Gohan, Goten, Chibi Trunks, and Piccolo.

If Buu did appear in the Mirai Timeline, I think that Trunks would probably find a way to beat him...maybe he'd even go SSJ3!
I really, really need to get back into the habit of posting.

Dayspring
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Dayspring » Wed Nov 16, 2005 10:54 pm

Chaos Saiyajin wrote: If Buu did appear in the Mirai Timeline, I think that Trunks would probably find a way to beat him...maybe he'd even go SSJ3!
Buu didn't appear in timeline 2 for a reason, though: when Babidi was searching for energy to revive Buu, only Gohan and Trunks were alive.
Captain Christopher Pike wrote:The away team will consist of myself, Cadet Kirk, Mr. Sulu, and Ensign Olsen.
Freeza Heika wrote: for the land of the cool, and the home of the Appule
The Geeky Gentleman: For all your comics, movies, TV and other geeky needs.

AznMastah

Post by AznMastah » Wed Nov 16, 2005 11:04 pm

:D Haha I'm confused
If I'm dodging i wont get hit, if i'm protecting someone I won't let them die, and if I'm attacking...I WILL CUT YOU!!!!

desirecampbell

Post by desirecampbell » Wed Nov 16, 2005 11:11 pm

AznMastah wrote::D Haha I'm confused
The timelines are really confusing - trust me.

Xyex
I Live Here

Post by Xyex » Thu Nov 17, 2005 12:11 am

Dayspring wrote:
Chaos Saiyajin wrote: If Buu did appear in the Mirai Timeline, I think that Trunks would probably find a way to beat him...maybe he'd even go SSJ3!
Buu didn't appear in timeline 2 for a reason, though: when Babidi was searching for energy to revive Buu, only Gohan and Trunks were alive.
Yep, and Trunks was still a little kid while Gohan wasn't even a quarter as strong as in the anime time-line. Plus, with the thousands (or even millions) that the Androids had wiped out... I doubt there was enough energy on the entire planet to revive Buu.
Avys ~ DA account ~ Fanfiction ~ Chat Quotes
<Kaboom> I'm just glad that he now sounds more like Invader Zim than Rita Repulsa
<Xyex> Original Freeza never sounded like a chick to me.
<Kaboom> Neither does Rita
<Xyex> Good point.

Akira
Regular

Post by Akira » Thu Nov 17, 2005 12:45 am

It is possible that Babidi was even caught off guard and killed by the Androids, and thus Buu was left sleeping in his ball.

desirecampbell

Post by desirecampbell » Thu Nov 17, 2005 1:04 am

Akira wrote:It is possible that Babidi was even caught off guard and killed by the Androids, and thus Buu was left sleeping in his ball.
that seems quite possible. Assuming the Androids were stronger than Dabura.

Xyex
I Live Here

Post by Xyex » Thu Nov 17, 2005 2:03 am

desirecampbell wrote:
Akira wrote:It is possible that Babidi was even caught off guard and killed by the Androids, and thus Buu was left sleeping in his ball.
Dabura's strength wouldn't be a factor. Since the Androids give off no Ki they wouldn't have sensed 17 and 18 coming. They could have killed Babidi before anyone even knew they were there.
Avys ~ DA account ~ Fanfiction ~ Chat Quotes
<Kaboom> I'm just glad that he now sounds more like Invader Zim than Rita Repulsa
<Xyex> Original Freeza never sounded like a chick to me.
<Kaboom> Neither does Rita
<Xyex> Good point.

desirecampbell

Post by desirecampbell » Thu Nov 17, 2005 2:49 am

Xyex wrote:
desirecampbell wrote:
Dabura's strength wouldn't be a factor. Since the Androids give off no Ki they wouldn't have sensed 17 and 18 coming. They could have killed Babidi before anyone even knew they were there.
I meant that they would need to kill Dabura or he would go on quite the rampage - and that doesn't seem to happen in that timeline.

TheLiveActionAnimeBoy

Post by TheLiveActionAnimeBoy » Thu Nov 17, 2005 10:12 am

Not to be totally off the subject, but this whole confusion of timelines has given me a reasonable idea about how time travel would work out and how it would result.

I mean seriously, if you went back in time to kill your own parents, would that at all affect your current existance to begin with? Or would you cease to exist at the same time as your parents once you kill them?

Would time change in your own timeline? Or would you create "another reality" that was put in this whole situation in DBZ?

Adnan
Beyond Newbie

Post by Adnan » Thu Nov 17, 2005 10:43 am

Well since Time travel is not possible, asking such questions is pointless anyway.

Assuming time travel was possible, I'd go with the second theory because the first one would be a paradox: If you kill your parents, then you never existed. But if you never existed, you couldn't have killed your parents.

Anyway, going back to the original topic, although I liked the character I think it would have looked forced to bring him into the Buu Saga.

Dayspring
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Dayspring » Thu Nov 17, 2005 11:43 am

Ack! Please go to the "Return my Gohan!" thread! We went off-topic there too and JUST finished explaining how the timelines officially work. The answer is yes, it is paradoxical, which is why Mirai Trunks' timeline was unaffected by the changes; he went into a different timeline altogether.
Captain Christopher Pike wrote:The away team will consist of myself, Cadet Kirk, Mr. Sulu, and Ensign Olsen.
Freeza Heika wrote: for the land of the cool, and the home of the Appule
The Geeky Gentleman: For all your comics, movies, TV and other geeky needs.

Gamingdevil
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Gamingdevil » Thu Nov 17, 2005 12:12 pm

TheLiveActionAnimeBoy wrote:Not to be totally off the subject, but this whole confusion of timelines has given me a reasonable idea about how time travel would work out and how it would result.

I mean seriously, if you went back in time to kill your own parents, would that at all affect your current existance to begin with? Or would you cease to exist at the same time as your parents once you kill them?

Would time change in your own timeline? Or would you create "another reality" that was put in this whole situation in DBZ?
In DBZ it wouldn't affect anything, but in the more accepted theories, you would indeed stop to exist.
Who said life isn't a game?