Dragon Ball Z "Seasons" On Blu-ray: News & Discussion

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

eledoremassis02
I Live Here

Re: Dragon Ball Z "Seasons" On Blu-ray: News & Discussion

Post by eledoremassis02 » Wed Dec 24, 2014 1:04 am

JEFFMAN219 wrote:Hey guys in episode 75 Tenshinhan's line is missing after king Kai says do you feel it finally their wish will come true. Is this happening to any of you guys who own season 3 on blu ray?
in the english dub?

Gonstead
I Live Here

Post by Gonstead » Wed Dec 24, 2014 2:42 am

JEFFMAN219 wrote:Hey guys in episode 75 Tenshinhan's line is missing after king Kai says do you feel it finally their wish will come true. Is this happening to any of you guys who own season 3 on blu ray?
Mind uploading an example?
Visit DragonBallFigures for all your Dragon Ball figure info and needs!
Mayuri Kurotsuchi wrote:"In this world, nothing perfect exists. It may be a cliche after all but it's the way things are. That's precisely why ordinary men pursue the concept of perfection, it's infatuation. But ultimately I have to ask myself "What is the true meaning of being perfect?" and the answer I came up with was nothing. Not one thing. The truth of the matter is I despise perfection! If something is truly perfect, that's IT! The bottom line becomes there is no room for imagination! No space for intelligence or ability or improvement! Do you understand? To men of science like us, perfection is a dead end, a condition of hopelessness. Always strive to be better than anything that came before you but not perfect! Scientist's agonize over the attempt to achieve perfection! That's the kind of creatures we are! We take joy in trying to exceed our grasp, in trying to reach for something that in the end, we have to admit may in fact be unreachable!"
MY HOLY GRAIL (110% Serious. Please sell me one)

JEFFMAN219
Regular

Post by JEFFMAN219 » Wed Dec 24, 2014 8:39 am

Ya I'm talking about the dub and I will upload a clip once I get home from work.

coola
I Live Here

Post by coola » Wed Dec 24, 2014 5:26 pm

Another classic anime from 1994-1995, Magic Knight Rayearth recently got Blu-ray release in Japan. I'm sure that when Discotek gonna release it in 2016, it will be from same masters https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=57Rpl4sKvBs
My Twitter: @kamil198811
Bulma fan
Thanks to Discotek:
Magic Knight Rayearth get DVD release in 2015 and Blu-Ray release on 2016
Saint Seiya: The Lost Canvas get DVD release in 2015

Codarik
Advanced Regular

Post by Codarik » Wed Dec 24, 2014 6:56 pm

It's missing on mine too. It wouldn't be so bad if he said that line off screen, but his mouth moves with nothing. Damn it FUNi.

JEFFMAN219
Regular

Post by JEFFMAN219 » Wed Dec 24, 2014 7:08 pm

Codarik wrote:
It's missing on mine too. It wouldn't be so bad if he said that line off screen, but his mouth moves with nothing. Damn it FUNi.
Wow it happened to you too. I thought I had a defective copy. Looks like funimation fucked up again.

JEFFMAN219
Regular

Post by JEFFMAN219 » Thu Dec 25, 2014 1:25 am

Here are two video recordings I did for the missing Tien line.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5b0h_TePk_w
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S_8QzsSVyZc

LordCrumb
Advanced Regular

Post by LordCrumb » Thu Dec 25, 2014 1:56 am

The original Singles has the line "Finally we'll have our lives back!"

Japanese: "We can finally return to life"

Password is Porunga: 17:04

"Atlast we'll have our lives back" (Orange Bricks, found on Youtube <Link to full episode removed>).

JEFFMAN219
Regular

Post by JEFFMAN219 » Thu Dec 25, 2014 2:42 am

LordCrumb wrote:The original Singles has the line "Finally we'll have our lives back!"

Japanese: "We can finally return to life"

Password is Porunga: 17:04

"Atlast we'll have our lives back" (Orange Bricks, found on Youtube <Link to full episode removed>).
I guess funimation fucked up on the audio when they were remastering it.

LordCrumb
Advanced Regular

Post by LordCrumb » Thu Dec 25, 2014 2:45 am

Is the line missing on both English tracks? English + American Music and English + Japanese Music, or just one of them?

JEFFMAN219
Regular

Post by JEFFMAN219 » Thu Dec 25, 2014 2:58 am

LordCrumb wrote:Is the line missing on both English tracks? English + American Music and English + Japanese Music, or just one of them?
Its missing on both. Check out the links I posted. One was the English dub with the Japanese music and the other one was the English dub with the American score.

Freeza Soldier #156
Regular

Post by Freeza Soldier #156 » Thu Dec 25, 2014 9:28 am

I love how on their interviews FUNi talks about all of the quality control that happened on these sets and then you have blatantly obvious errors like this and missing title cards present. :roll:

samuraix123
I Live Here

Post by samuraix123 » Thu Dec 25, 2014 6:02 pm

I think I remember seeing that and thinking ''What!?'' hahaha When Goku does the Kamehameha against Cell that's also missing..well...a piece anyways. He'll do the Kameha but the Me is missing. on both the orange and new season sets. I love Funimation but this is a little crappy.
The Dragonboxes are like a middle aged woman who still looks good through simply taking good care of her skin and body with maybe a tiny bit of makeup while the Orange Bricks are like a middle aged woman who get's 50 tons of botox, makeup and plastic surgery in order to look younger and as a result looks even worse. ~ ringworm128
Still recording Toonami broadcasts on VHS after all these years!
#1 Paikuhan fan!

JEFFMAN219
Regular

Post by JEFFMAN219 » Thu Dec 25, 2014 11:14 pm

samuraix123 wrote:I think I remember seeing that and thinking ''What!?'' hahaha When Goku does the Kamehameha against Cell that's also missing..well...a piece anyways. He'll do the Kameha but the Me is missing. on both the orange and new season sets. I love Funimation but this is a little crappy.
Ya man funimations quality control people suck. I don't know how they didn't see this obvious mistake before releasing this set.
Last edited by JEFFMAN219 on Sat Apr 04, 2015 7:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Innagadadavida
I Live Here

Post by Innagadadavida » Fri Dec 26, 2014 12:07 am

JEFFMAN219 wrote:Ya man funimations quality control people suck. I don't know how they didn't see this obvious mistake people releasing this set.
What you don't see are all the errors they actually caught. Not being an apologist or anything, just pointing out that its easy to miss things like that, and the problems can be so small that it doesn't warrant the expense of a reprint/recall.

Codarik
Advanced Regular

Post by Codarik » Fri Dec 26, 2014 1:42 am

Yeah the missing line is a "minor" problem that FUNi doesn't have to do a sudden reprint. Heck they might not even care enough to fix it for if they ever reprint it. I'm assuming a lot of people didn't even notice it at first, I sure didn't notice it until JEFFMAN219 pointed it out. Now it's gonna bug the hell outta me every time I go through that scene.

JEFFMAN219
Regular

Post by JEFFMAN219 » Fri Dec 26, 2014 11:10 am

Codarik wrote:Yeah the missing line is a "minor" problem that FUNi doesn't have to do a sudden reprint. Heck they might not even care enough to fix it for if they ever reprint it. I'm assuming a lot of people didn't even notice it at first, I sure didn't notice it until JEFFMAN219 pointed it out. Now it's gonna bug the hell outta me every time I go through that scene.
I'm not a type of person who likes to nitpick things but that error was pretty noticeable in my opinion.

Gaffer Tape
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Gaffer Tape » Fri Dec 26, 2014 11:43 am

I don't mind when a company makes the odd mistake. It happens, and it makes for good trivia. I honestly rather them leave a mistake alone rather than go back and try to fix it because what's the fun in that? Something like this, however, is different. Something that was perfectly fine is now broken because FUNimation can't stop putting their dirty fingerprints all over everything. It has to be remixed, touched up, redubbed, wiped, cropped. Because they can't just leave well enough alone, they just keep introducing more and more inconsistencies into this Frankenstein's monster of a product. I mean, it wasn't all that great to begin with, but at least it was what it was. Good grief, guys, do you just keep forgetting you already dubbed this show 15 years ago?!
Do you follow the most comprehensive and entertaining Dragon Ball analysis series on YouTube? If you do, you're smart and awesome and fairly attractive. If not, see what all the fuss is about without even having to leave Kanzenshuu:

MistareFusion's Dragon Ball Dissection Series Discussion Thread! (Updated 4/1/24!)
Current Episode: A Match Made in Hell - Dragon Ball Dissection: The Super #17 Arc Part 2

coola
I Live Here

Post by coola » Fri Dec 26, 2014 5:47 pm

In Funimation defense, i've watched video that showed footage of Sonic Adventure 2 HD, and it had quite a few problems https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BwpYZhAlmp8 15:37 Game is ported on much more powerful console, and it contain errors that weren't present in generation before? Gimme a break :? And don't get me started on Sonic the Hedgehog 1 on GBA https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v2iaUbxtqUM :sick: My point is, Funimation wasn't first to screw product in re-release, and certainly not last :)
My Twitter: @kamil198811
Bulma fan
Thanks to Discotek:
Magic Knight Rayearth get DVD release in 2015 and Blu-Ray release on 2016
Saint Seiya: The Lost Canvas get DVD release in 2015

MarcFBR
Advanced Regular

Post by MarcFBR » Fri Dec 26, 2014 6:16 pm

I generally feel like if a product has been in the market for as long as season 3 of DBZ on BD has, and hardcore fans haven't noticed, then complaining about the companies QC is a moot point (it's been over half a year.)

If it took hardcore fans that long to notice, how can you expect QC to notice it when they have an actual schedule to keep and product to get out the door.

Batman fans noticed some issues in the opening days of Batman the Series on Blu-ray, quickly enough for Warner to get fixes ready.

Get it together DBZ fandom.
Visit The Fanboy Review for anime reviews.