Dragon Ball Z "Seasons" On Blu-ray: News & Discussion

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Re: Dragon Ball Z "Seasons" On Blu-ray: News & Discussion

Post by ekrolo2 » Sat Mar 12, 2016 9:28 am

Ajay wrote:No, it doesn't use it. It's the same source they've always used, except this time, they've applied noise reduction and equalised out the muffle.

Link to the video?
It's in his interview with Sabat here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QRpfwzqvvJA
When someone tells you, "Don't present your opinion as fact," what they're actually saying is, "Don't present your opinion with any conviction. Because I don't like your opinion, and I want to be able to dismiss it as easily as possible." Don't fall for it.

How the Black Arc Should End (by Lightbing!):

Ajay

Post by Ajay » Sat Mar 12, 2016 9:50 am

I've listened to that and remember no claims that FUNi used any broadcast audio on these sets. Where's that coming from?
Follow me on Twitter for countless shitposts.

Deadtuber.

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Post by ekrolo2 » Sat Mar 12, 2016 9:58 am

Ajay wrote:I've listened to that and remember no claims that FUNi used any broadcast audio on these sets. Where's that coming from?
I guess from people assuming they're using the audio just because they've got it?
When someone tells you, "Don't present your opinion as fact," what they're actually saying is, "Don't present your opinion with any conviction. Because I don't like your opinion, and I want to be able to dismiss it as easily as possible." Don't fall for it.

How the Black Arc Should End (by Lightbing!):

Ajay

Post by Ajay » Sat Mar 12, 2016 10:13 am

My understanding is that they don't even have it yet.

Deadtuber.

eledoremassis02
I Live Here

Post by eledoremassis02 » Sat Mar 12, 2016 11:30 am

Ajay wrote:My understanding is that they don't even have it yet.

Kei hasnt been the same since that Summer Special leak. :cry:

Bansho64
I Live Here

Post by Bansho64 » Sat Mar 12, 2016 12:07 pm

eledoremassis02 wrote:
What do you mean?

eledoremassis02
I Live Here

Post by eledoremassis02 » Sat Mar 12, 2016 12:12 pm

Bansho64 wrote:
eledoremassis02 wrote:
What do you mean?
He's become very closed off.

Ajay

Post by Ajay » Sat Mar 12, 2016 12:13 pm

Bansho64 wrote:
eledoremassis02 wrote:
What do you mean?
Kei was once very happy to hand our parts of his rare collection to forum members he trusted on the condition that they didn't publicly share them. The reason being that much of his collection was kindly given to him by other people who had paid a lot of money to either acquire or digitally back-up said collection. That's on top of not wanting to get in trouble for sharing copyrighted material to the public. Someone broke his trust and uploaded the entirety of this rare special onto YouTube, which resulted in the signature Kei has today. Now he's very cautious about who he hands material out to.

Deadtuber.

genjosanzo8
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by genjosanzo8 » Sat Mar 12, 2016 12:30 pm

Ajay wrote:
Bansho64 wrote:
eledoremassis02 wrote:
What do you mean?
Kei was once very happy to hand our parts of his rare collection to forum members he trusted on the condition that they didn't publicly share them. The reason being that much of his collection was kindly given to him by other people who had paid a lot of money to either acquire or digitally back-up said collection. That's on top of not wanting to get in trouble for sharing copyrighted material to the public. Someone broke his trust and uploaded the entirety of this rare special onto YouTube, which resulted in the signature Kei has today. Now he's very cautious about who he hands material out to.
so that's the reason why he doesn't talk anymore about it. i (who doesn't be here at this time could not know all about this..)
but why don't talk about things? talking is not dangerous, if he want to keep control of his audio it is logical , if he want to stay in law i could understand but talking about broadcast audio is not sharing it's that thing i don't understand
it cost nothing to talk.

Ajay

Post by Ajay » Sat Mar 12, 2016 12:45 pm

He's spoken about his reasons extensively for years upon years:
My highest-priority has been making currently rare things officially available on future releases instead of gratifying my possessive feeling. I've been trying hard to appeal to the official side.
I do want to share my entire collection with people here if there's nothing harmful with it because I am not one of those extremely possessive collectors, but that'd definitely affect possible future official releases in a negative way.
I'm already sharing them on my YT channel in fairly satisfying quality. I refuse to easily give the original files to others for nothing because I don't want the raw files to be scattered around the Internet, which will definitely harm a possible official soundtrack release that I'm trying hard to realize.
I'm already fed up with tons of PMs about mindlessly asking me for rare stuff, so I remove most of them at a glance every day. I think this is a good opportunity to concentrate more on appealing to official licensors.
The long and short of it is that it's really nobody's business until anything is confirmed. I get the feeling he stopped talking about it as much because some people become obsessed with it and hound him constantly. Just the other day he mentioned that someone had spammed him with upwards of 50 messages regarding the audio. It's easier to just keep quiet about it until something happens.

I'd also like to know what happened regarding Funimation and the audio, but uncharacteristically I received no response when I DM'd him, so I can't imagine you'll get any response publicly. Anything I'm told, I'm asked to keep hush on. I can speculate, but I'm not really interested in gossiping.

At some point, you just have to put your passions aside and just accept it's out of your control. Sit tight and hope for the best. Just trust that there's active efforts going on to get this audio used in an official capacity. Understand that these are business deals and that's not something you openly share the details of in any common practice.

Deadtuber.

genjosanzo8
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by genjosanzo8 » Sat Mar 12, 2016 1:02 pm

Ajay wrote:He's spoken about his reasons extensively for years upon years:
My highest-priority has been making currently rare things officially available on future releases instead of gratifying my possessive feeling. I've been trying hard to appeal to the official side.
I do want to share my entire collection with people here if there's nothing harmful with it because I am not one of those extremely possessive collectors, but that'd definitely affect possible future official releases in a negative way.
I'm already sharing them on my YT channel in fairly satisfying quality. I refuse to easily give the original files to others for nothing because I don't want the raw files to be scattered around the Internet, which will definitely harm a possible official soundtrack release that I'm trying hard to realize.
I'm already fed up with tons of PMs about mindlessly asking me for rare stuff, so I remove most of them at a glance every day. I think this is a good opportunity to concentrate more on appealing to official licensors.
The long and short of it is that it's really nobody's business until anything is confirmed. I get the feeling he stopped talking about it as much because some people become obsessed with it and hound him constantly. Just the other day he mentioned that someone had spammed him with upwards of 50 messages regarding the audio. It's easier to just keep quiet about it until something happens.

I'd also like to know what happened regarding Funimation and the audio, but uncharacteristically I received no response when I DM'd him, so I can't imagine you'll get any response publicly. Anything I'm told, I'm asked to keep hush on. I can speculate, but I'm not really interested in gossiping.

At some point, you just have to put your passions aside and just accept it's out of your control. Sit tight and hope for the best. Just trust that there's active efforts going on to get this audio used in an official capacity. Understand that these are business deals and that's not something you openly share the details of in any common practice.
Apparently it has worst than me
I have send few pm and 1-2 was related to the broadcast audio other was for question about the mxxx bgm, about his technical of color correction or if he want the audio of dragon ball gt dvd before knowing that taiwanese was in mono .but he doesn't even read 1 pm
I was just asking if the project i heard was allways actuality (i have learn it years ago about a friends but never had information of the future of these sound)
I was not there when someone betray him, or when you have been able to have piece of his collection and discuss about it. so if no one discuss it publicly the new person will only have to ask kei if they wan't to know ;)
they are a lot of people who could do anything about these audio but they are a lot of people too who just want to know news about these wonderful project

gokaiblue
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by gokaiblue » Sat Mar 12, 2016 5:33 pm

So, someone just leaked the audio onto YouTube without his permission? Bummer. All I really want is to enjoy Dragon Ball with the correct audio, not share it. Regardless, even if I told kei that, I still don't think he'd share them with me, and it's quite understandable. He doesn't know me from Adam. To him, I'm just another random person that has the potential to leak the audio.
Looking for these rare items/information:

Any information or recordings pertaining to Dragon Ball Z's syndicated run on WAWB
Any information regarding the stations that carried the origin Dragon Ball in the USA
Dragon Box (any deals would be nice)
Shonen Jumps with Dragon Ball in them

LordCrumb
Advanced Regular

Post by LordCrumb » Sat Mar 12, 2016 6:31 pm

It's not like its on YouTube anymore (currently only minute long samples), and I doubt every episode was online either, otherwise they would be widely available already.

If people have it, and they paid people for it, then fair enough on not wanting to share it with others. At this point the whole "won't share because of piracy" is rubbish, because they got it via piracy to start with lol. Sure, i'd love to have it, but I know that ain't happening for two reasons.. one, I know I couldn't afford what the person would want for it, and two, I can't read Japanese so I can't try and track them down myself.

Iberian_Saiyan
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Iberian_Saiyan » Sat Mar 12, 2016 6:47 pm

genjosanzo8 wrote:
Ajay wrote:He's spoken about his reasons extensively for years upon years:

Apparently it has worst than me
I have send few pm and 1-2 was related to the broadcast audio other was for question about the mxxx bgm, about his technical of color correction or if he want the audio of dragon ball gt dvd before knowing that taiwanese was in mono .but he doesn't even read 1 pm
I was just asking if the project i heard was allways actuality (i have learn it years ago about a friends but never had information of the future of these sound)
I was not there when someone betray him, or when you have been able to have piece of his collection and discuss about it. so if no one discuss it publicly the new person will only have to ask kei if they wan't to know ;)
they are a lot of people who could do anything about these audio but they are a lot of people too who just want to know news about these wonderful project
The GT stereo broadcast audio is available so it there wouldn't be much point to the monaural audio. If you and I have it then he definitely does too, don't worry he's miles ahead. :wink:

genjosanzo8
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by genjosanzo8 » Sun Mar 13, 2016 7:18 am

and more than that he even have his color corrected release for episode which i think he sync his broadcast audio ;)
when we see how strong he is in that it's a true treasure that he have at home.

for the summer special i don't understand why it is a problem that it is public..
it doesn't even been released on dvd and i doubt that toei would include these in future release thinking that they doesn't even released all creditless opening ending, trailers, etc etc etc...
as i know this tv special is not a proper tv special like trunks story or the gaiden
i think the problem is the fact to be betray by a friends but it's not a thing you will buy after, it's like releasing commercial or see you next time screen.

like it was said in higher post. his collection was illegaly done like if he make them public.
it's true it s a very very very great treasure i wish to be public things one day (by any official or not way) .if i was at kei place i will be very happy to share them with other
legally if it can be done or not if toei don't want.
treasure are mean to be shared ;)

so kei if you read this i hope your project will be done, don't lose confidence with others, the world have idiot like good guy and keep the joy you have when you did found for the first time these audio

VejituhTheWarriorGuy
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by VejituhTheWarriorGuy » Sun Mar 13, 2016 10:46 am

sangofe wrote:
gokaiblue wrote:This was probably answered way back in the thread, but I might as well ask it anyways. Does this release use the audio kei17 sent Chris Sabat in anyway shape or form? Just watched Geekdom101's video detailing the home releases, and that tidbit was mentioned, so I thought I'd fact check with you guys.

Haha, no, not at all. What a load of bull shit Geekdom101 spread if he said that.
He wants to stop people from spreading misinformation but he does it anyways.
"You think you can defeat me? Using the power of those MOSQUITOS?! I am the legendary WARRIOR!" - Broly (Big Green Dub)

Wezenheim
Advanced Regular

Post by Wezenheim » Sun Mar 13, 2016 1:56 pm

VejituhTheWarriorGuy wrote:
sangofe wrote:
gokaiblue wrote:This was probably answered way back in the thread, but I might as well ask it anyways. Does this release use the audio kei17 sent Chris Sabat in anyway shape or form? Just watched Geekdom101's video detailing the home releases, and that tidbit was mentioned, so I thought I'd fact check with you guys.

Haha, no, not at all. What a load of bull shit Geekdom101 spread if he said that.
He wants to stop people from spreading misinformation but he does it anyways.
He never said anything of the sort, and I've seen his Holiday video or whatever which details home releases. I haven't listened to the entire interview with Chris Sabat, but it seems like that issue has been addressed already. I don't know where some of these accusations come from, or why people on this forum seem to misquote Geekdom in particular.

Bansho64
I Live Here

Post by Bansho64 » Sun Mar 13, 2016 2:15 pm

Has anyone besides kei actually tried looking for this audio in Japan?

genjosanzo8
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by genjosanzo8 » Sun Mar 13, 2016 2:18 pm

Bansho64 wrote:Has anyone besides kei actually tried looking for this audio in Japan?
i know one person in france who have found a set of dragon ball z but he tell me that for respect with kei project he will not release too his sound

VejituhTheWarriorGuy
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by VejituhTheWarriorGuy » Sun Mar 13, 2016 2:38 pm

Watch his Home Video video with Super Jaiyan. Tons of misinformation
"You think you can defeat me? Using the power of those MOSQUITOS?! I am the legendary WARRIOR!" - Broly (Big Green Dub)