Really weird printing-glitch I noticed in the Kanzenban...

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Vegard Aune
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Really weird printing-glitch I noticed in the Kanzenban...

Post by Vegard Aune » Wed Sep 25, 2013 12:42 am

So I was just reading volume 20 of the Kanzenban, when I came across this one page that looked slightly off. Now, I have noticed a few cases before where the ink from one page seems to leave a few slight marks on the page it's facing, which is a bit annoying but eh, I can live with it. But then I came across this page: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/664 ... C00798.JPG
Now, it's a bit hard to make out from this photo, but it seems like the blacks contain some sort of imprint from an entirely different page at some completely different point in the manga. Like, I can see what seems to be Piccolo's face inside one of those sound-effects... and Piccolo does not appear on either this page nor the one next to it. So... what just happened? And in case someone else who owns these releases reads this, do your copy have this same thing happening?

EDIT: Going into a second-hand book store and checking another copy of the Kanzenban that just happened to be there, as well as the regular version of the scene in volume 25, I found that neither of them had this particular oddity. So it seems like it's just my copy that's the problem. Still an utterly bizarre problem though.