Anime/manga spinoff showing Vegeta's early years

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

WesMan23
Beyond Newbie

Anime/manga spinoff showing Vegeta's early years

Post by WesMan23 » Sat Sep 28, 2013 2:50 pm

Would anybody be interested in something like this? Dragon Ball focused on Goku's youth and growing up, but other than flashbacks, we never saw anything of Vegeta's early years. I'd like to see something like that, going back into how he grew up with the rest of his race, and being partnered with Nappa, being under Freeza's rule. It would be a great contrast to the bright, happy, carefree nature of Goku's growing up. It would I suppose, begin with his birth, going through as he got older, and end basically where Z started with the conflict on Earth. Am I alone on this?
"You haven't figured it out yet? I'm the Saiyan who came all the way from Earth for the sole purpose of beating you. I am the warrior you've heard of in legends, pure of heart and awakened by fury. That's what I am. I AM THE SUPER SAIYAN, SON GOKU!" - Goku, Dragon Ball Z Kai, The Angry Super Saiyan! Throw Your Hat in the Ring, Son Goku!

PrinceVegetto
Beyond Newbie

Re: Anime/manga spinoff showing Vegeta's early years

Post by PrinceVegetto » Sat Sep 28, 2013 2:58 pm

I definitely would be interested in something like this. It would be really cool. Also, Nappa could be the comic relief since the series would be too dark if there was no one funny.

MCDaveG
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MCDaveG » Sat Sep 28, 2013 2:59 pm

You can make topic like this on virtually everything that comes into your mind and I would be interested in everything, as it is official.
FighterZ: Funky_Strudel
PS4: Dynamixx88

Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Sat Sep 28, 2013 3:17 pm

I'd be interested, but not as interested as I would be in other things I suppose. Vegeta is far from a favorite character of mine, except for in later stuff where we've been getting 'hilariously out of his comfort zone' Vegeta moments.
AniManga Travelogue - Currently Reviewing: Dragon Ball (Z)
Twitter
Switch Friend Code: SW-0745-6427-7791 (let's play some Dragon Ball: The Breakers!)

Marco Polo
I Live Here

Post by Marco Polo » Sat Sep 28, 2013 3:30 pm

Unfortunately, there is no way such a spinoff would be dark in this day and age. Just look at Episode of Bardock as compared to the original Bardock special from 1990.

Godo
I Live Here

Post by Godo » Sat Sep 28, 2013 3:32 pm

I would be interested in seeing that.

TheMightyOzaru
Banned

Post by TheMightyOzaru » Sat Sep 28, 2013 4:29 pm

Being a Vegeta fan.... HELL YES!
Vegeta: "Funny... I seem to recall Kakarot being fed the same information right before he transformed; the distinct look on your faces when he went Super Saiyan didn't exactly inspire confidence. One does not predict or calculate power like ours."
Youtube channel:
http://www.youtube.com/user/ThePrinceOfSaiyajins
My 3DS Friend Code:
2707-1669-7946

Saiyan Prince Vegeta
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Saiyan Prince Vegeta » Sat Sep 28, 2013 4:35 pm

I would love that! If only something like that would happen!

KentalSSJ6
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by KentalSSJ6 » Sat Sep 28, 2013 4:40 pm

Marco Polo wrote:Unfortunately, there is no way such a spinoff would be dark in this day and age. Just look at Episode of Bardock as compared to the original Bardock special from 1990.
Bardock himself was rather different from most Saiyans in the regard that he cared for his squad. We have seen Vegeta as a child and he was a ruthless and heartless little murdering bastard. Granted Bardock was a murderer too but we dont see him do it with a big smile on his face. Could a side series try to tone it down? Yeah but I highly doubt it would work.
Deviantart (NSFW) - http://yamato012.deviantart.com/
DBSW Group Page - http://dbsw.deviantart.com/
Still the 1k Sniper - [spoiler]http://orig10.deviantart.net/6a02/f/201 ... 8npe7r.png[/spoiler]

mAcChaos
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by mAcChaos » Sat Sep 28, 2013 6:45 pm

I always wanted to see something covering Freeza's empire and Vegeta in it. His rivalry with Cui. Running into the Ginyu Force, and competing with teams from other organizations like Cooler's. There could be entire groups and wars that they struggle against, with Freeza never getting directly involved and being this untouchable unseen force that just lets the little minions handle everything (thus letting there be some drama and excitement). It would probably involve a lot of politics and such.
[i]"I have yet to show you, young warrior, what I'm truly capable of."[/i] - Cell