Unexpected Dragon Ball in your life

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Weejus
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Re: Unexpected Dragon Ball in your life

Post by Weejus » Wed Nov 06, 2013 12:01 pm

The other day I noticed one of the 6th formers at my school has a Capsule Corp. patch on his jacket. I complimented him on it and he said 'I bet I look like Trunks, don't I?'. He's got the SSJ hair colour perfect but not the hairstyle.

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Wed Nov 06, 2013 1:40 pm

Weejus wrote:The other day I noticed one of the 6th formers at my school has a Capsule Corp. patch on his jacket. I complimented him on it and he said 'I bet I look like Trunks, don't I?'. He's got the SSJ hair colour perfect but not the hairstyle.
Well unless he used an entire tub of hair gel (or a wig) it would be pretty difficult to get the hair style right...
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

TheMightyOzaru
Banned

Post by TheMightyOzaru » Wed Nov 06, 2013 1:55 pm

dodge2461 wrote:My Science teacher did a powerpoint on Cells, and at the beginning had a picture of Cell.
You have the coolest science teacher.
Vegeta: "Funny... I seem to recall Kakarot being fed the same information right before he transformed; the distinct look on your faces when he went Super Saiyan didn't exactly inspire confidence. One does not predict or calculate power like ours."
Youtube channel:
http://www.youtube.com/user/ThePrinceOfSaiyajins
My 3DS Friend Code:
2707-1669-7946

TheGmGoken
Namekian Warrior

Post by TheGmGoken » Thu Nov 07, 2013 6:34 pm

As posted on another topic. Someone who sold weed at my school sold them in dbz bags

dprez
Advanced Regular

Post by dprez » Thu Nov 07, 2013 6:40 pm

TheGmGoken wrote:As posted on another topic. Someone who sold weed at my school sold them in dbz bags
That's awesome.

I was on an NFL forum and they were talking about what a certain player took to heal up fast.

Actual post - "I don't see why they don't do like they did when Manning and Brisiel broke their legs before and just feed them special diet of food to get them healed in four weeks. I believe it was senzu beans they were fed. Don't quote me on that though"

I got a good laugh out of that one.

Snail
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Snail » Fri Nov 08, 2013 8:03 am

I do not recall anything in particular. Though, I've been leaving Freeza doodles around everywhere I go from the age of 14.

http://instagram.com/p/Zw4QCzjBA8/

Shiyonasan
Advanced Regular

Post by Shiyonasan » Fri Nov 08, 2013 11:50 am

The other day in my Spanish class, the professor showed us a clip from a Simpsons episode on YouTube in Spanish. When the episode finished, the first related video was Movie 3 of Dragon Ball Z in Spanish. No one said anything about it, but I thought that was pretty humorous.

El Diabeetus
I Live Here

Post by El Diabeetus » Sat Nov 09, 2013 4:40 am

Was watching a video of someone opening up their Yu-Gi-Oh packs and the card Spirit Force has a Vegeta-like character on it:

KentalSSJ6
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by KentalSSJ6 » Sat Nov 09, 2013 4:59 am

SSJ4 Furanki wrote:Was watching a video of someone opening up their Yu-Gi-Oh packs and the card Spirit Force has a Vegeta-like character on it:
Spiky blonde hair, golden aura. Can we get a zoom in to confirm green eyes?
Deviantart (NSFW) - http://yamato012.deviantart.com/
DBSW Group Page - http://dbsw.deviantart.com/
Still the 1k Sniper - [spoiler]http://orig10.deviantart.net/6a02/f/201 ... 8npe7r.png[/spoiler]

TheGmGoken
Namekian Warrior

Post by TheGmGoken » Sat Nov 09, 2013 12:08 pm

KentalSSJ6 wrote:
SSJ4 Furanki wrote:Was watching a video of someone opening up their Yu-Gi-Oh packs and the card Spirit Force has a Vegeta-like character on it:
Spiky blonde hair, golden aura. Can we get a zoom in to confirm green eyes?
His eyes look more purple-brown. From what I can tell.

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Sat Nov 09, 2013 8:00 pm

I bet he crushes his duel disk when his opponent summons a monster with over 9000 ATK points.
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

Weejus
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Weejus » Tue Nov 12, 2013 5:51 pm

Oh, yesterday, a substitute art teacher was looking through my sketchbook and saw my drawing of Cell (it's in the 'Fan Works Explosion' thread if you care enough to look at it) and recognised it as Dragon Ball Z. He said that the DBZ style (as well as Pokémon) is a very popular art style among my age group. He also happens to be better than my normal art teacher anyway, regardless of his DBZ knowledge.

Pretorious
Beyond Newbie

Post by Pretorious » Tue Nov 26, 2013 9:59 pm

I was at a concert here in Raleigh around Halloween, and between songs the singer said something like, "Hey, it's Goku!" I looked behind me and, yep, there was a guy dressed as Goku. I got excited and asked him if he went to Animazement, but he didn't seem to know what I was talking about.

Insertclevername
I Live Here

Post by Insertclevername » Fri Nov 29, 2013 11:07 am

Big Momma wrote: And I also recommend Namasensei. =P
After your done learning Japanese, you can celebrate with some Put It in Your Mouth! :wink:
Cipher wrote:Also, you can seriously like whatever and still get laid. That's a revelation that'll hit you at some point.

Thanos
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Thanos » Fri Nov 29, 2013 2:11 pm

I went into the local Kmart, and in the DVD section, I noticed at the end of the aisle, there was a DVD (forget what it was) covering something bulky that was behind it. Curiously, I moved the DVD out the way... and what do I see? Two shrinkwrapped FUNimation DBZ VHS tapes from 2002. :shock: They had the Kmart sticker on it with a price, but it looked all yellow and old. Somehow these VHS's have managed to survive, sitting there on the shelf for nearly 12 years. What I don't understand is why they've never taken them down, since VHS's are so outdated...
Thanos before Thanos was cool.

Kakarot88
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Kakarot88 » Fri Nov 29, 2013 2:18 pm

Pretorious wrote:I was at a concert here in Raleigh around Halloween, and between songs the singer said something like, "Hey, it's Goku!" I looked behind me and, yep, there was a guy dressed as Goku. I got excited and asked him if he went to Animazement, but he didn't seem to know what I was talking about.
Were you at Animazement? That shit was awesome! Check out this thread where you can share your experience!
"You might think you know everything there is to know about me, but really, you're not even CLOSE."

"Never give in--never, never, never, never, in nothing great or small, large or petty, never give in except to convictions of honour and good sense. Never yield to force; never yield to the apparently overwhelming might of the enemy." ~ Sir Winston Chruchill / Dragon Ball Z in a nutshell

How I enjoy the anime:

SaiyaJedi
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by SaiyaJedi » Fri Nov 29, 2013 10:40 pm

Kakarot88 wrote:
Pretorious wrote:I was at a concert here in Raleigh around Halloween, and between songs the singer said something like, "Hey, it's Goku!" I looked behind me and, yep, there was a guy dressed as Goku. I got excited and asked him if he went to Animazement, but he didn't seem to know what I was talking about.
Were you at Animazement? That shit was awesome! Check out this thread where you can share your experience!
...Says the man whose avatar is him doing a Kamehameha with the voice of Goku. :P
Co-translator, Man-in-Japan, and Julian #1 at Kanzenshuu
最近、あんまし投稿してないねんけど、見てんで。いっつも見てる。

KentalSSJ6
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by KentalSSJ6 » Fri Nov 29, 2013 10:42 pm

Thanos wrote:I went into the local Kmart, and in the DVD section, I noticed at the end of the aisle, there was a DVD (forget what it was) covering something bulky that was behind it. Curiously, I moved the DVD out the way... and what do I see? Two shrinkwrapped FUNimation DBZ VHS tapes from 2002. :shock: They had the Kmart sticker on it with a price, but it looked all yellow and old. Somehow these VHS's have managed to survive, sitting there on the shelf for nearly 12 years. What I don't understand is why they've never taken them down, since VHS's are so outdated...
Kmart is still around?
Deviantart (NSFW) - http://yamato012.deviantart.com/
DBSW Group Page - http://dbsw.deviantart.com/
Still the 1k Sniper - [spoiler]http://orig10.deviantart.net/6a02/f/201 ... 8npe7r.png[/spoiler]

eledoremassis02
I Live Here

Post by eledoremassis02 » Fri Nov 29, 2013 10:44 pm

Thanos wrote:I went into the local Kmart, and in the DVD section, I noticed at the end of the aisle, there was a DVD (forget what it was) covering something bulky that was behind it. Curiously, I moved the DVD out the way... and what do I see? Two shrinkwrapped FUNimation DBZ VHS tapes from 2002. :shock: They had the Kmart sticker on it with a price, but it looked all yellow and old. Somehow these VHS's have managed to survive, sitting there on the shelf for nearly 12 years. What I don't understand is why they've never taken them down, since VHS's are so outdated...
Thats funny, a few years ago, the same things happened to me as well! :lol:

Kakarot88
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Kakarot88 » Sat Nov 30, 2013 11:05 am

Haha so this may be reaching but just realized my fiance's Christmas decorations look really similar to the Majin symbol :lol:
"You might think you know everything there is to know about me, but really, you're not even CLOSE."

"Never give in--never, never, never, never, in nothing great or small, large or petty, never give in except to convictions of honour and good sense. Never yield to force; never yield to the apparently overwhelming might of the enemy." ~ Sir Winston Chruchill / Dragon Ball Z in a nutshell

How I enjoy the anime: