Who do you like the most - Goku, Vegeta, or Gohan?

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: Kanzenshuu Staff, General Help

Makaioshin
Advanced Regular

Re: Who do you like the most - Goku, Vegeta, or Gohan?

Post by Makaioshin » Tue Nov 12, 2013 6:25 pm

I love Dragon Ball and the spirit of the series is with Son Goku. Vegeta and Gohan are great secondary characters that add flavor to the later two thirds of Goku's adventures.

JamesOwnz
Beyond Newbie

Post by JamesOwnz » Tue Nov 12, 2013 7:30 pm

Vegeta slightly over Goku

It always bothered me how much Vegeta always got his ass beat down though..

cesarcoronel07
Beyond Newbie

Post by cesarcoronel07 » Tue Nov 12, 2013 11:48 pm

Goku will always be my favorite character

ErikB
Beyond Newbie

Post by ErikB » Wed Nov 13, 2013 4:25 am

But, but Gohan's my favouwite chawactew...dis thwead make me sad. :'(

Nah, it's cool.
Yeah, of the 3, Gohan for sure. Goku and Vegeta probably wouldn't even be in my top 5 or so.

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Wed Nov 13, 2013 1:15 pm

Gokû's always been my favorite DB character, it's why I felt so spoiled by the amount of cute stuff he did in BOG (the sweatsuit, interactions with Kaio-sama, trying so hard speak politely to Beers and it coming out all stilted and awkward (desu), and his initial nonverbal reaction to his ssjg body. X3

Vegeta is second because he's really interesting, but not as much fun to draw (also agree with the mention that Vegeta is great when in crazy situations).

Gohan is third because he didn't really catch my interest until the whole Great Saiyaman stuff.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

Saiga
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Saiga » Wed Nov 13, 2013 8:28 pm

Gohan is my favourite, although it's the Highschool - Boo arc that made him my favourite. I still like him in the Saiyan and Freeza arcs, just hate his refusal to fight at the Cell Games. Oh, and he's annoying in the Saiyan arc filler as well.

Then it's a toss up between Vegeta and Goku. Vegeta used to be my favourite character, but I've learned not to ignore all of his flaws. :P I think the Saiyan - Freeza arc Vegeta is probably when I like him best, and I like him slightly more than 23rd Budokai - Cell Goku. I don't like kid Goku very much and the Boo arc hurts him for me.

In GT, Vegeta is easily my favourite, and Goku ranges from like (some moments) to dislike (most moments). Gohan really doesn't do much of anything for me to have an opinion.
I'm re-watching Dragon Ball GT in full on my blog. Check it out if you're interested in my thoughts on the series as I watch through it!