Did Toriyama "ruin" Battle of Gods?

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

GsTvo
Not-So-Newbie

Re: Did Toriyama "ruin" Battle of Gods?

Post by GsTvo » Tue Dec 10, 2013 10:53 am

Big Momma wrote:
GsTvo wrote: - The Super Saiyajin God. Come on! Goku with pink hair? a god?
That's kind of the point, to make him not look as "intimidating" as his actual strength. :P Heck, you're bothered by that, but not by the God of Destruction himself just being an oversized, Egyptian cat?
Mmm thats your opinion, I just remember the first time I saw Goku's transformation into SSJ, or when Gohan turns into SSJ2 and it was amazing, but with SSJ Gods Mmm I just feel disappointed, - If GT doesn't exit, the desing of SSJ4 will be perfect for Super Saiyajin God, I mean if you are the God of your race, its because you represent it, black hair, tail, monkey features etc.-

And for your question, No, because the God of Destruction its just another Toriyama's typical character, just like Boo. I never have problem with the design of Bills, maybe with Wills, but no so much.
- The beginning of the movie It is very childish, especially because of Wills.
That's just Dragon Ball for you. The series is full of childish elements. If you don't like that, I dunno how you've made it this far.
Yeah I agree, but those childish elements have a reason, thing like Boo's actitud or Goku's personality it's justify for a character, but its a childish cliché "if you dont wake up, I will sing", "oh no please no"; That's typical in kids movies.
And details like the Kaio's planet, how he rebuild it?,
I don't understand why so many people get stuck up on this. Is it so hard to just think he found a way to get it back in those two years? I mean, you've got people who can generate clothes and giant cubes of Katchin. You don't think he could have had someone create a new planet? He lives in the realm of deities. And is one himself. I'm sure he found a way to get it back, even if it isn't explained.
Yeah maybe he found a way, but explain it! (in the movie not you) because it's no a minor detail, or if Goku dies in the Dragon Ball Z end, and in the movie he is alive, you dont want a explanation?, Yes the Dragon Ball's - Shenlong, but say it, because people can get confuse.

Big Momma
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Big Momma » Tue Dec 10, 2013 7:57 pm

GsTvo wrote:
Big Momma wrote:
GsTvo wrote: - The Super Saiyajin God. Come on! Goku with pink hair? a god?
That's kind of the point, to make him not look as "intimidating" as his actual strength. :P Heck, you're bothered by that, but not by the God of Destruction himself just being an oversized, Egyptian cat?
Mmm thats your opinion, I just remember the first time I saw Goku's transformation into SSJ, or when Gohan turns into SSJ2 and it was amazing, but with SSJ Gods Mmm I just feel disappointed, - If GT doesn't exit, the desing of SSJ4 will be perfect for Super Saiyajin God, I mean if you are the God of your race, its because you represent it, black hair, tail, monkey features etc.-
You have a point the the transformations you mentioned, but it's not really my opinion. It's just one of the tropes the series has. Both Freeza and Boo's final forms were incredibly tiny. Whis was revealed to be even stronger than Bills, despite being the effeminate "sidekick" who spent most of the movie eating snacks. King Kai is hailed as a great master and is a short, chubby blue dude who makes bad puns. I can't say whether or not it's been stated in an interview or guidebook, but as other members have pointed out before, there's definitely a "looks can be deceiving" theme that goes on in the series. I'm not saying it's good or bad, but the design of SSJG definitely fits.

But your last sentence has me thinking. SSJG would have been great if a tail had grown...or if he ended up having more of a "Son Wukong"-ish appearance. :P

And for your question, No, because the God of Destruction its just another Toriyama's typical character, just like Boo. I never have problem with the design of Bills, maybe with Wills, but no so much.
- The beginning of the movie It is very childish, especially because of Wills.
That's just Dragon Ball for you. The series is full of childish elements. If you don't like that, I dunno how you've made it this far.
Yeah I agree, but those childish elements have a reason, thing like Boo's actitud or Goku's personality it's justify for a character, but its a childish cliché "if you dont wake up, I will sing", "oh no please no"; That's typical in kids movies.
One could argue that, despite being appealing to everyone, BoZ is a kids movie. :wink:
Yeah maybe he found a way, but explain it! (in the movie not you) because it's no a minor detail, or if Goku dies in the Dragon Ball Z end, and in the movie he is alive, you dont want a explanation?, Yes the Dragon Ball's - Shenlong, but say it, because people can get confuse.
An explanation would be nice. But I don't see the lack of one as negative. I mean, I never wondered what happened when I first saw his planet it the movie. I was just like "huh, he must have made another one." Sometimes you should just fill in the blanks yourself.
Rocketman(In response to a post about Pandora's Box) wrote: I sat here for ten damn minutes wondering what the hell God of War had to do with any of this.
Insertclevername wrote:I plan to lose my virginity to Dragon Box 2.
Youtube | Art/Animation Blog

Flame Dragon
Regular

Post by Flame Dragon » Sun Dec 15, 2013 8:24 am

Also SSJ God hair is a mix of red and purple not pink.
Pink is the color it assumes when not channeling energy (or when the user has no aura), kinda like SSJ looks white instead of golden when relaxed. :lol: