If You Could Change The Previous Villains.

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

KentalSSJ6
Born 'n Bred Here

If You Could Change The Previous Villains.

Post by KentalSSJ6 » Fri Dec 27, 2013 8:07 pm

If you could change anything about the previous villains, be they from the manga, anime, games, or movies, what would you alter?

Personality? Appearance? Story? Attacks? Abilities?
Deviantart (NSFW) - http://yamato012.deviantart.com/
DBSW Group Page - http://dbsw.deviantart.com/
Still the 1k Sniper - [spoiler]http://orig10.deviantart.net/6a02/f/201 ... 8npe7r.png[/spoiler]

Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School

Re: If You Could Change The Previous Villains.

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Fri Dec 27, 2013 8:21 pm

I'd alter the Dragons from GT to live up to how cool their premise is. Can't think of exactly how I'd go about it, but it's the first thing that comes to mind.

Beyond that...this might count more as 'plot' changing, but I've been thinking on it for a long while now, and I honestly think movie 6 would have worked better without Cooler at all. Just use the Gete Star as a Unicron-type villain and being and have everyone fight that.
AniManga Travelogue - Currently Reviewing: Dragon Ball (Z)
Twitter
Switch Friend Code: SW-0745-6427-7791 (let's play some Dragon Ball: The Breakers!)

TheGmGoken
Namekian Warrior

Post by TheGmGoken » Fri Dec 27, 2013 8:23 pm

Tao Pai Pai
Personality - More sneaky. More like an Assassin. Wait for his chance to attack. Not as coward like.
Appearance - Give him some form of mask(that can hide his mouth or head).
Story - Same. Does jobs like he done in series
Attacks - Same
Abilities - More speed. Something like Goku could't see him move in the first round or something like that. Attack pressure points. And lastly can counter 4 people at the same time.

KentalSSJ6
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by KentalSSJ6 » Fri Dec 27, 2013 8:25 pm

Gyt Kaliba wrote:I'd alter the Dragons from GT to live up to how cool their premise is. Can't think of exactly how I'd go about it, but it's the first thing that comes to mind.

Beyond that...this might count more as 'plot' changing, but I've been thinking on it for a long while now, and I honestly think movie 6 would have worked better without Cooler at all. Just use the Gete Star as a Unicron-type villain and being and have everyone fight that.
Maybe have the Star's robots function like Metal Cooler did, but now able to take the appearance of those it fights, forcing the Z Fighters to fight copies of themselves and of each other.

I could see Vegeta having a grand old time blowing up Goku shaped robots.
Still the 1k Sniper - [spoiler]http://orig10.deviantart.net/6a02/f/201 ... 8npe7r.png[/spoiler]

Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Fri Dec 27, 2013 8:29 pm

KentalSSJ6 wrote:Maybe have the Star's robots function like Metal Cooler did, but now able to take the appearance of those it fights, forcing the Z Fighters to fight copies of themselves and of each other.

I could see Vegeta having a grand old time blowing up Goku shaped robots.
That could be pretty fun if done right, yeah. :lol: And it's not that I dislike movie 6 really. There's a lot there that I love. But every time I watch it now, it just feels like Cooler himself is an almost unwelcome intrusion, awesome Nakao being awesome aside.

No matter what, the chop-em-up robot has to stay. He just does.
AniManga Travelogue - Currently Reviewing: Dragon Ball (Z)
Twitter
Switch Friend Code: SW-0745-6427-7791 (let's play some Dragon Ball: The Breakers!)

Kamiccolo9
Namekian Warrior

Post by Kamiccolo9 » Fri Dec 27, 2013 9:56 pm

I would have Raditz leave a bigger impact. Having the main protagonist's brother show up and die, and never have him mentioned again seems like I waste of a potentially interesting character to me.
Last edited by Kamiccolo9 on Fri Dec 27, 2013 10:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Champion of the 1st Kanzenshuu Short Story Tenkaichi Budokai
Kamiccolo9's Kompendium of Short Stories
Cipher wrote:If Vegeta does not kill Gohan, I will stop illegally streaming the series.
Malik_DBNA wrote:
Scarz wrote:Malik, stop. People are asking me for lewd art of possessed Bra (with Vegeta).
"Achievement Unlocked: Rule 34"

KentalSSJ6
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by KentalSSJ6 » Fri Dec 27, 2013 10:00 pm

Kamiccolo9 wrote:I would have Raditz leave a bigger impact. Having the main protagonist brother show up and die, and never have him mentioned again seems like I waste of a potentially interesting character to me.
I guess you could say Raditz was meant to be a prelude to a bigger threat from the start. Maybe if Raditz and Nappa's roles and strengths were switched and it was Raditz that killed the majority of the Z fighters, hed have had a bigger impact on top of already being Goku's brother.

TheGmGoken
Namekian Warrior

Post by TheGmGoken » Fri Dec 27, 2013 10:04 pm

KentalSSJ6 wrote:
Kamiccolo9 wrote:I would have Raditz leave a bigger impact. Having the main protagonist brother show up and die, and never have him mentioned again seems like I waste of a potentially interesting character to me.
I guess you could say Raditz was meant to be a prelude to a bigger threat from the start. Maybe if Raditz and Nappa's roles and strengths were switched and it was Raditz that killed the majority of the Z fighters, hed have had a bigger impact on top of already being Goku's brother.
Hell they could have made Raditz appear in the "Father of Goku". But nope. No love for Raditz. Even Vegeta appeared........

KentalSSJ6
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by KentalSSJ6 » Fri Dec 27, 2013 10:06 pm

TheGmGoken wrote:
KentalSSJ6 wrote:
Hell they could have made Raditz appear in the "Father of Goku". But nope. No love for Raditz. Even Vegeta appeared........
Read Toyble's Dragon Ball Zero. Id love to see that become a animated special seeing as Episode of Bardock got animated.

InfernalVegito
Advanced Regular

Post by InfernalVegito » Fri Dec 27, 2013 10:31 pm

I would have definitely kept Radditz. He's mentioned to be the protagonist's brother and then immediately killed off as if the aforementioned statement was completely pointless.
BT3 off meds | The final fight

Ah, the Alpha and the Omega. As all life was created from Chaos...so shall it be DESTROYED!!!

The wails of machines | Singing cold harmony | Shifting air upward | Entranced by the breeze | Light pours like blood | Into a cosmic sea | Of stars crystallized | In a frozen symphony

Vegetto kicking you into orbit theme

Ringworm128
Banned

Post by Ringworm128 » Fri Dec 27, 2013 10:38 pm

As I've said before I would give Yi Xing/Omega Shenlong a personality.

Z-Dragon
Beyond Newbie

Post by Z-Dragon » Fri Dec 27, 2013 11:34 pm

I would alter Movie 11 to replace Bio-Broly with the mutant bio-warrior who fights Goten, Trunks, Krillin, and 18, so Bio-Broly never existed since Broly was killed by the sun.
Gyt Kaliba wrote:Beyond that...this might count more as 'plot' changing, but I've been thinking on it for a long while now, and I honestly think movie 6 would have worked better without Cooler at all. Just use the Gete Star as a Unicron-type villain and being and have everyone fight that.
I'm not the only one who think that Movie 6 should have Gete with its AI as the villian which would be better than having Cooler again for no reason since he was completely destroyed by the sun with Goku's Kamehameha.

Hearts

Post by Hearts » Fri Dec 27, 2013 11:46 pm

I would make Super Buu more like the Buu from Dragon Ball Multiverse, I dont mean strength wise, i mean personality wise

TheGmGoken
Namekian Warrior

Post by TheGmGoken » Sat Dec 28, 2013 12:31 am

Hearts wrote:I would make Super Buu more like the Buu from Dragon Ball Multiverse, I dont mean strength wise, i mean personality wise
They seem pretty much the same to me....

Saiga
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Saiga » Sat Dec 28, 2013 6:06 am

I'd probably remove Freeza's ability to control his ki, to give his transformations more of a point. I might even remove his 2nd and 3rd forms to improve the pacing of his battle. And I wouldn't have his power level scale so damn high (which means also changing the Kaio-ken and Super Saiyan scaling, which I'm happy with).

Imperfect Cell - if I didn't remove his transformations entirely (which I'd like to - his first form is easily his best) I'd make his second form last much longer, and achieve more. I dislike how it was immediately turned into a joke and he had to reach his Perfect form soon after. The only thing he accomplished was blowing off part of 16's head. So I'd have him beat 16 in his first form, then lose to Vegeta, and then absorb 17, beat Vegeta and Trunks, etc. I'd also cut the Cell Games stuff and make Perfect Cell less of an idiot. No Super Perfect form, either. Hmm... I don't know how that'd all actually work after Trunks is defeated, though.

Boo - I'd remove the Kaioshin absorption from Boo's backstory, and Fat Boo would be the original Boo. I don't like that we don't see the "real" Boo until the tail end of the arc, and that his strength isn't such a big deal by that point. It feels as though a lot of Boo's character and strength comes from the Kaioshin instead of himself, which I don't think is a very good thing for the villain.
I'm re-watching Dragon Ball GT in full on my blog. Check it out if you're interested in my thoughts on the series as I watch through it!

DBZGTKOSDH
Namekian Warrior

Post by DBZGTKOSDH » Sat Dec 28, 2013 7:32 am

I would give Broli more dialog, and make Raditz more relevant. I would also make the weak Evil Dragons stronger so that we could see SS, SS2, and SS3, but also base & SS4, in action.
KentalSSJ6 wrote:Read Toyble's Dragon Ball Zero. Id love to see that become a animated special seeing as Episode of Bardock got animated.
What does EoB being animated has anything to do with DBZero? EoB is an official DB manga, while DBZero is a doujinshi.
James Teal (Animerica 1996) wrote:When you think about it, there are a number of similarities between the Chinese-inspired Son Goku and that most American of superhero icons, Superman. Both are aliens sent to Earth shortly after birth to escape the destruction of their homeworlds; both possess super-strength, flight, super-speed, heightened senses and the ability to cast energy blasts. But the crucial difference between them lies not only in how they view the world, but in how the world views them.

Superman is, and always has been, a symbol for truth, justice, and upstanding moral fortitude–a role model and leader as much as a fighter. The more down-to-earth Goku has no illusions about being responsible for maintaining social order, or for setting some kind of moral example for the entire world. Goku is simply a martial artist who’s devoted his life toward perfecting his fighting skills and other abilities. Though never shy about risking his life to save either one person or the entire world, he just doesn’t believe that the balance of the world rests in any way on his shoulders, and he has no need to shape any part of it in his image. Goku is an idealist, and believes that there is some good in everyone, but he is unconcerned with the big picture of the world…unless it has to do with some kind of fight. Politics, society, law and order don’t have much bearing on his life, but he’s a man who knows right from wrong.

TheRed259
Advanced Regular

Post by TheRed259 » Sat Dec 28, 2013 7:57 am

I would definitely change Majin Buu. I would like him to be more serious (outside & inside), evil looking (outside-like Super Buu with Gohan absorbed) and more demonic (inside). I can't stand the fact that the Prince Vegeta sacrificed himself because of a fat & idiot balloon that becomes a good guy at the end.

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Sat Dec 28, 2013 3:40 pm

Make Lord Slug not be weak to whistling. That's just lame.
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

DBZAOTA482
Banned

Post by DBZAOTA482 » Mon Dec 30, 2013 10:01 pm

I'd remove Majin Boo's absorption abilities and I'd have Semi-Perfect Cell stay longer. Like-wise, I'd make his fight with Vegeta less one-sided though the latter would still have the advantage.
fadeddreams5 wrote:
DBZGTKOSDH wrote:... Haven't we already gotten these in GT? Goku dies, the DBs go away, and the Namekian DBs most likely won't be used again because of the Evil Dragons.
Goku didn't die in GT. The show sucked him off so much, it was impossible to keep him in the world of the living, so he ascended beyond mortality.
jjgp1112 wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 6:31 am I'm just about done with the concept of reboots and making shows that were products of their time and impactful "new and sexy" and in line with modern tastes and sensibilities. Let stuff stay in their era and give today's kids their own shit to watch.

I always side eye the people who say "Now my kids/today's kids can experience what I did as a child!" Nigga, who gives a fuck about your childhood? You're an adult now and it was at least 15 years ago. Let the kids have their own experience instead of picking at a corpse.

Attitudefan
I Live Here

Post by Attitudefan » Tue Dec 31, 2013 6:52 am

KentalSSJ6 wrote:
That is so cliche it hurts. In a way, I am glad they killed off Raditz right off the bat. It added some great shock value for what was to come.
My favourite art style (and animation) outside Toriyama who worked on Dragon Ball: Katsuyoshi Nakatsuru, Masaki Satō, Minoru Maeda, Takeo Ide, Hisashi Eguchi, Katsumi Aoshima, Tomekichi Takeuchi, Masahiro Shimanuki, Kazuya Hisada