Your Dragon Ball-Related Purchasing Plans for 2014

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

DragonBoxZTheMovies
I Live Here

Your Dragon Ball-Related Purchasing Plans for 2014

Post by DragonBoxZTheMovies » Fri Jan 03, 2014 9:17 pm

So, apart from any unannounced new stuff, what do you plan on picking up in 2014, DB-wise?

This year, I'd like to finish picking up the Manga. I currently need DBZ volumes 1 &. 6 of Viz's graphic novels, as well as Viz Bigs 1-3 of Dragon Ball and 5-7 of DBZ. Also wanna pick up the 3rd Chozenshuu, since it's the one that covers the movies and, of course, Viz's release of the 'Full Colour Comics'.

In terms of DVD and Blu-Rays, I intend to finally pick up DBZ 1.2 (yeah, they're still on shelves in NZ) as well as the Dragon Ball Movie 4-Pack and Dragon Ball Z Kai Season 4.

It's shaping up to be a year of tying up loose ends and finishing off collections. If all goes to plan, I'll have the whole Manga, all of Kai, and every movie when the year finally reaches its conclusion. :D

ErikB
Beyond Newbie

Re: Your Dragon Ball-Related Purchasing Plans for 2014

Post by ErikB » Fri Jan 03, 2014 9:44 pm

Well, I guess it doesn't count since it is unannounced but my only absolute must-buy of this year is the remainder of Kai if it sees a blu-ray release before the end of the year.
Aside from that though...
S.H. Figuarts Normal Son Goku (already pre-ordered on BBTS), as well as any of the other figuarts that catch my interest (I'm still undecided on Normal Vegeta and Krill--Klilyn, but in the long run I'd kinda like to have the whole line...which means I also need to get Super Saiyan 3 Goku still).

And since I started collecting the manga digitally with my Christmas money, I might go ahead and make it a priority to have all the volumes by the end of the year.

supersaiyan3
Not-So-Newbie

Post by supersaiyan3 » Fri Jan 03, 2014 9:51 pm

- I'd like to get the manga eventually. Right now I only have Vol. 1 of DB. It seems like too much of a hassle to get all of them though... it looks like they're on the iTunes store so I'll probably get those. They're 4-6$ per volume, but that seems expensive to me for a digital version. Anybody have an opinion on those?

- Even though I want the Hong Kong release of BoG right now, I'll probably end up waiting until the official US release. I might give in though; I still haven't seen it yet

- Unless Funi re-dubs the Namek saga, I don't plan on getting any more of the new blu-rays.

- Even though I really don't need to level sets, the completionist in me wants them. I suppose I might get them if I can find a cheap-enough used copy

- Plus I still fantasize about getting some production cels. I'd be willing to drop some serious cash for some, but it doesn't seem like there are any worth getting anymore. I'm keeping my eyes open though

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Fri Jan 03, 2014 9:54 pm

Waiting for BOG figures of ssjg Gokû and Beers to appear on reputable sites. Other than that no real plans atm.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

El Diabeetus
I Live Here

Post by El Diabeetus » Fri Jan 03, 2014 9:59 pm

- Battle of Z
- Jump Stars Victory Vs.
- Battle of Gods (if FUNimation is allowed to release it. I own the Japanese release).
- Bardock and Trunks Specials (forgot to get them when I went to get the original DB/Movies).
- Kai: Ultimate Butoden (at some point).
- Kai Buu (if it's out).
Last edited by El Diabeetus on Sat Jan 04, 2014 6:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Fri Jan 03, 2014 11:56 pm

Jump Stars Victory Vs. and some of the DBZ Figuarts. That's pretty much it for now.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

sangofe
Kicks it Old-School

Post by sangofe » Sat Jan 04, 2014 5:41 am

If Toei release BD boxes, that. And if a french collector's edition of Battle of Gods comes out I'll buy that. And I guess I'll be buying Battle of Z.

doomydoomydoom
Beyond Newbie
Location: Meditating in front of a waterfall, listening to Gohan and his dragon's whistling New Wave crap...

Post by doomydoomydoom » Sat Jan 04, 2014 5:54 am

Japanese Kanzenban of Vegeta Saga and other Z-era sagas. Thank God for Kinokuniya. Also probably more of the movies. Other than that, nothing really.
Auric Goldfinger wrote:
James Bond wrote:Do you expect me to talk?

No, Mr. Bond, I expect you to die!
I tought dat when I beat dis monkee, I was goin to da Urf, but it caused me a trouble. WE ARE DA ONE WHO WILL CAUSE DA TROUBLE. But if I don't eat rice, da powah won't come. So DON'T SAY SUCH A SILLY TING! OHKAY? And let that child alone.

Fizzer
Advanced Regular

Post by Fizzer » Sat Jan 04, 2014 6:04 am

I'm planning to get the Viz full-colour comics, and trying to sell my Japanese ones (really need to get on that).

I may be getting the season blu-rays, I don't know. It'll probably be after 2014 since I'm waiting to see if there's a consistent release of DB and GT.

If any of Battle of Gods, Buu saga Kai or Ocean Kai get released, I'll probably pre-order them.

Weejus
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Weejus » Sat Jan 04, 2014 8:31 am

I plan to get the rest of the Orange Bricks, the full colour manga print edition, and hopefully the Blue or Mustard Bricks when they go down in price (probably near winter 2014). Maybe Battle of Z also, but not sure. I doubt Manga UK will get the home distribution license for Kai this year as they probably don't want to oversaturate the market too soon.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Sat Jan 04, 2014 8:52 am

SSG God and Beerus Figures.
Rest of The new season blu-rays.
Buu saga kai.
Full Colour manag.
Maybe Battl of Z if it gets at a reasonable price

PhoenixEX
Regular

Post by PhoenixEX » Sat Jan 04, 2014 9:15 am

So far...
• Battle of Z (PS3)
• J-Stars Victory VS (Vita)
• FUNi Bluray Z Season Sets
If FUNi releases the dub version of Battle of Gods and the Buu Arc of Kai then i'll pick those up too.
One World. 🌐 🕊

Weejus
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Weejus » Sat Jan 04, 2014 9:19 am

PhoenixEX wrote:So far...
• Battle of Z (PS3)
• J-Stars Victory VS (Vita)
• FUNi Bluray Z Season Sets
If FUNi releases the dub version of Battle of Gods and the Buu Arc of Kai then i'll pick those up too.
Oh yeah, I'll get J-Stars Victory VS as well if it gets an international release. If it does I bet the name will surely get changed. Probably to something like 'Shonen Jump Super Stars' or something similar (Oh wait, there's already a game called that).

And I imagine there's a greater chance of the Z movies coming out in the UK than Kai.

Tanooki Kuribo
I Live Here

Post by Tanooki Kuribo » Sat Jan 04, 2014 9:29 am

I think this year I'm giving up on DBZ in anime form. I'm gonna focus on hording the manga. As of right now I'm only 3 BigViz books away from having the entire DragonBall series. I'm also looking forward to the colored manga, that should be fun to collect. I'm usually more into the anime but with DBZ Season 1 on Blu-ray being the newest thing, I think I'll pass. I was about to pre-order it but, I don't know, it just doesn't seem appealing to me. Then there's always the anime conventions where I pick up at least one figure. :D

TheOverlyMadHatter
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by TheOverlyMadHatter » Sat Jan 04, 2014 9:41 am

Pretty big year. Let's see...

What's out or confirmed for 2014:
-Kai Parts 1, 2, 6, 7, 8
-Japanese Boxes... Or the singles if this year proves less than financially favorable. Then will follow the arduous task of adding subtitles to them.
-Getting a consistent Manga collection (Probably the VizBigs)
-English Full Color Manga
-Battle of Z
-Jump Stars Victory Vs.
-More French Kanzenbans
-Probably gonna hunt down the Saikyo Jump Bonus DVD.

Hypothetical releases (Warning: Some are less likely to happen than others):
-Buu Arc Kai
-BoG Domestic Release
-Toei Blu-Ray, provided they do a better job than FUNimation,
-Level Sets when the second Blu-Ray Season box set fails miserably after the entire fandom had an epiphany and FUNimation reconsidered releasing it with the Japanese Broadcast Audio, next episode previews which have now received a dub, Japanese Credits, and an accurate re-dub combining the best of their in-house Voice Actors and those of Ocean Group's a la SSFIV. I'm calling it now.

I probably won't buy half of these in this year alone, though.

I'm surprised by the number of people who actually want to support the type of release that is the Blu-Ray Season Sets. But hey, I'm not gonna tell anyone what they think looks nice.

dbboxkaifan
Banned

Post by dbboxkaifan » Sat Jan 04, 2014 9:51 am

- Dragon Ball: Full Colour Mangas
- Dragon Ball: Battle of Gods on Blu-ray (if FUNimation releases it)
- Dragon Ball: Battle of Z (if it drops quickly to £15 by the end of the year)
- Dragon Ball Z: Season BDs
- Whatever else there's on eBay that looks interesting to me.

And also Kai's Buu arc if they call it "Dragon Ball Z Kai: Majin Buu Special" or something rather than "Season 5" I own the Parts (1-4 and got rid off 5-8) so that wouldn't be fitting at all.
FUNimation 2015 Releases I want:
- Kai 2.0 on Blu-ray

Aerosol

Post by Aerosol » Sat Jan 04, 2014 10:15 am

I'm getting the full colored mangas in English, and Battle of Z on the PS3.

Besides that, I am still deciding wether to get Kai or the new Season Blu-Rays, I will probably go for Kai if Buu arc is confirmed to being released, or the Seasons if they are releasing DB and DBGT as well.

and Battle of Gods if it being released by FUNi.

DarkPrince_92
I Live Here

Post by DarkPrince_92 » Sat Jan 04, 2014 10:21 am

Pre-ordered Battle of Z and J-Stars Victory Vs. for PS3. May or may not pick up the Blu Ray season sets, depending on how broke I am in the next couple months.
I am a freelance animator, check out my thangs. ART!

Check my webcomic series Off Guard now on webtoons!

PSN/Steam: DarkPrince_92

SupremeSSJ
Beyond Newbie

Post by SupremeSSJ » Sat Jan 04, 2014 12:08 pm

BOG and BOZ 4 me. might have to end up getting the HK release of BOG :? Eng subs good? anyone

Shnuki
Beyond Newbie

Post by Shnuki » Sat Jan 04, 2014 12:34 pm

If you don't mind missing a few periods at the end of the sentences for a quarter of a movie, Beerus being called Bills and Freeza spelled the FUNi dub way, you're good to go. Also, somewhere in the middle of the movie, the subtitles start appearing a little too late (like 200-500 milliseconds) - it gets back to normal some time later.

I have the DVD, but the Blu-ray will probably have the same issues.