Shueisha DBZ "Animanga" Volumes

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: Kanzenshuu Staff, General Help

Chibi Mystic Gohan
I Live Here

Post by Chibi Mystic Gohan » Tue Dec 06, 2005 5:24 pm

desirecampbell wrote:
Chibi Mystic Gohan wrote:If they don't include filler (ie: follow the manga almost perfectly), I'd buy them.
If it doesn't include filler - why would you get these, and not the actual manga?
Because it's colorful!

dragonbox2006
Banned

Post by dragonbox2006 » Tue Dec 06, 2005 5:42 pm

exactly - I've always wanted color versions of the manga/anime on paper.

* this is great!

PLUS: you get bonus posters with New Art!!
Last edited by dragonbox2006 on Tue Dec 06, 2005 5:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jerseymilk
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Jerseymilk » Tue Dec 06, 2005 5:45 pm

They are NOT colour versions of the manga. It is a film book of the TV series. They contain screen shots of the anime and NOT the manga. Hopefully that was stated clear enough for everyone this time.
Jerseymilk: "Can I tell you something?"
B-kun: "What?"
Jerseymilk: "I see Fangirls."

Bejiita
OMG CRAZY REG

Post by Bejiita » Tue Dec 06, 2005 6:21 pm

Jerseymilk wrote:They are NOT colour versions of the manga. It is a film book of the TV series. They contain screen shots of the anime and NOT the manga. Hopefully that was stated clear enough for everyone this time.
No, don't waste your time, he knows what he's saying. I swear this is the guy that has a store and has every manga of DBZ, he posted a thread on all the merchandise he has not too long ago.

dragonbox2006, you know what you are saying is wrong on purpose.

You type weird too.

And you're telling me you don't know the difference between the anime and the manga...
exactly - I've always wanted color versions of the manga/anime on paper.
Ok, my point exactly.
My DB Fan manga:
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=19169 [The new version]
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1942]Chapter 1
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=2685]Chapter 2
Photo's I've taken of the nearby neighbourhoods where I live in South London: http://www.flickr.com/photos/8306850@N08/

dragonbox2006
Banned

Post by dragonbox2006 » Tue Dec 06, 2005 7:03 pm

I know the difference between ANIME & manga. To me, its the DB story in color. I collect all artwork from Toriyama/dbz related.

- I'd buy the NEW R2 DBZ DVDs if i had the $ to get the cover art!!!

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Tue Dec 06, 2005 7:14 pm

OK, I'm *totally* done with you, dragonbox2006. You've had *months* of warnings. Not only are you continuting to type completely incoherently (despite proving that you're able to do so normally), you're even going off on totally random tangents in your own thread.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

Sun_Wukong
I Live Here

Post by Sun_Wukong » Tue Dec 06, 2005 8:36 pm

Clearly he cant tell what's actually Toriyama's artwork either. Did he even do the covers to the DVDs?

Chaos Saiyajin
Advanced Regular

Post by Chaos Saiyajin » Tue Dec 06, 2005 9:10 pm

Full color mangas? No. This is what Viz calls 'Ani-manga' or using anime screen caps to produce their own volumes of manga, which they've already done to Inuyasha and Yu-Gi-Oh! The movie...

Who wants to bet if these are popular in Japan, Viz will translate them? :?
Did he even do the covers to the DVDs?
I'dont think so...I think Toei did those...
I really, really need to get back into the habit of posting.

desirecampbell

Post by desirecampbell » Tue Dec 06, 2005 9:53 pm

Chaos Saiyajin wrote:Who wants to bet if these are popular in Japan, Viz will translate them? :?
Did they translate the other ones?

Chaos Saiyajin
Advanced Regular

Post by Chaos Saiyajin » Tue Dec 06, 2005 10:07 pm

Did they translate the other ones?
I don't know about the Inuyasha ani-manga, but I know for a fact that the Yu-Gi-Oh! The movie one was a Viz creation, because the movie itself was a 4kids creation...

Duo
I Live Here

Post by Duo » Wed Dec 07, 2005 11:10 am

This just completely pisses me off!

Okay, so instead of buying the original artwork, which nearly all of the time, is better drawn, you buy something you can just as easily see on Television or DVD?!

And it probably cuts the money Toriyama-sensei makes from it in half. If people want to see it on paper, buy the Viz Manga or Japanese tankobon.

If you need some color, get the Kanzeban. It has all of the colored chapters fully intact.

If you're so much of a color whore that you won't buy the tankobon or Kanzeban...(bites down on tounge).......bah!!

sangofe
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by sangofe » Wed Dec 07, 2005 1:55 pm

Dominator wrote:Screenscaps? Seriously, that's got to be the cheapest of the cheap, especially for manga. Not even foreign countries would do manga like that, they'd probably use their own artists to base on the own of an already existing manga and artist.
All DBZ has been screencap-manga'd in France, and I believe some DBGT too.

Tanooki Kuribo
I Live Here

Post by Tanooki Kuribo » Wed Dec 07, 2005 2:56 pm

I think those screen cap comics are pretty neat. There no manga but maybe the'll have just some filler episodes in manga form like the driving lesson or Gohans robot.

The only reason I like things like this is because its like a book of screen caps from your favorite episode. Like an art book...or somthing... :?

Dayspring
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Dayspring » Wed Dec 07, 2005 9:17 pm

sangofe wrote: All DBZ has been screencap-manga'd in France, and I believe some DBGT too.
What?! By who?
Captain Christopher Pike wrote:The away team will consist of myself, Cadet Kirk, Mr. Sulu, and Ensign Olsen.
Freeza Heika wrote: for the land of the cool, and the home of the Appule
The Geeky Gentleman: For all your comics, movies, TV and other geeky needs.

Chaos Saiyajin
Advanced Regular

Post by Chaos Saiyajin » Wed Dec 07, 2005 10:03 pm

Screenscaps? Seriously, that's got to be the cheapest of the cheap, especially for manga. Not even foreign countries would do manga like that, they'd probably use their own artists to base on the own of an already existing manga and artist.

All DBZ has been screencap-manga'd in France, and I believe some DBGT too.
That's neat. :P I'd love to see a GT ani-manga here in the US.

*PINHEAD*
OMG CRAZY REG

Post by *PINHEAD* » Wed Dec 07, 2005 11:19 pm

Not sure whether to think this is lame or totally cool.
I was voted "most unique" and "most likely to become the next existential thinker" in high school.

Li'l Lemmy
I Live Here

Post by Li'l Lemmy » Wed Dec 07, 2005 11:37 pm

As someone who doesn't have a single chapter of manga to his name, I'd have to say that picking up this new color version is a highly tempting thought.

However, if it really is mostly screenies taken from a show I already have on DVD, I think my first chapter purchase would be Toriyama's B&W. If his is the manga that inspired a show I hold so dear, I'd want very much to see it in its original form before going after anything else . . . partly because I've heard that it's just plain awesome, and partly out of respect for Toriyama-sensei, who worked so hard to develop it.

But, that's just my opinion.

(Li'l Lemmy and his opinion.)
Goten of Japan wrote:Don't go 9... Go 10! (Go-ten. Goten. Get it? DOOD.)
The NUMBER ONE Goten fan, and a fucking epic one at that.

Dayspring
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Dayspring » Thu Dec 08, 2005 12:06 am

Li'l Lemmy wrote:As someone who doesn't have a single chapter of manga to his name, I'd have to say that picking up this new color version is a highly tempting thought.

However, if it really is mostly screenies taken from a show I already have on DVD, I think my first chapter purchase would be Toriyama's B&W. If his is the manga that inspired a show I hold so dear, I'd want very much to see it in its original form before going after anything else . . . partly because I've heard that it's just plain awesome, and partly out of respect for Toriyama-sensei, who worked so hard to develop it.

But, that's just my opinion.

(Li'l Lemmy and his opinion.)
It's ONLY screencaps that are edited to have sounds effects+word bubbles so that they can be read as a manga. It's stupid to go out and buy a manga adaptation of an anime that is simply an anime adaptation of the manga! If you buy them you're quite literally getting a manga interperetation of the manga, rather than just getting the bloody manga!

We're not talking "inspired by Toriyama's work" here, we're talking "cheaper quality copy of."
Captain Christopher Pike wrote:The away team will consist of myself, Cadet Kirk, Mr. Sulu, and Ensign Olsen.
Freeza Heika wrote: for the land of the cool, and the home of the Appule
The Geeky Gentleman: For all your comics, movies, TV and other geeky needs.

Hujio
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by Hujio » Thu Dec 08, 2005 11:23 am

I have to agree with Dayspring on this one, you're pretty buying a cheaper copy of the interpretation of the original manga. Though I can understand why some people may buy them. I know that if I didn't own all the Tankoubon and Kanzenban, then I'd probably buy these TV Animation Comics. If you question buying them, then think of it this way: It gives those that either missed or can't afford the Z Dragon Box volumes and individual discs a chance to own the original anime series in manga form, albeit at a much much cheaper price. Then again, Shueisha could just be milkin' this for all it's worth before people in Japan get fed up with it again. :lol:
:: [| Heath "Hujio" Cutler |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu |] - [| Twitter |] ::

Demi
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Demi » Thu Dec 08, 2005 2:39 pm

Toriyama's new Color mangas! (release: dec.2005)
...way to get my hopes up.