Does anyone else dislike Zenkai Power?

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

RocktheDragon
Regular

Re: Does anyone else dislike Zenkai Power?

Post by RocktheDragon » Thu Jan 30, 2014 9:19 am

I'm actually surprised quite a few people dislike Zenkai Power so much! Perhaps it was because my first exposure to the song was through the Funimation Dragon Boxes and I hadn't had much exposure to the song but I've never grown tired or annoyed at. I actually love to hum/sing along/follow the lyrics sometimes when it comes on. I do agree that this ending song continued on for a bit too long and should have been replaced in the Android saga with something new and fresh! I don't watch much of other anime but one series that I think did this very well was Yu Yu Hakusho (I can't remember how many end songs they had but it did change quite frequently).
Kyle Broflovski wrote:It's all real. Think about it. Haven't Luke Skywalker and Santa Claus affected your lives more than most real people in this room? I mean, whether Jesus is real or not, he - he's had a bigger impact on the world than any of us have. And the same can be said for Bugs Bunny and - and Superman and Harry Potter. They've changed my life - changed the way I act on the earth. Doesn't that make them kind of real? They might be imaginary but, but they're more important than most of us here. And they're all gonna be around here long after we're dead. So, in a way, those things are more realer than any of us.

DBZAOTA482
Banned

Post by DBZAOTA482 » Thu Jan 30, 2014 10:07 am

RocktheDragon wrote:I'm actually surprised quite a few people dislike Zenkai Power so much! Perhaps it was because my first exposure to the song was through the Funimation Dragon Boxes and I hadn't had much exposure to the song but I've never grown tired or annoyed at. I actually love to hum/sing along/follow the lyrics sometimes when it comes on. I do agree that this ending song continued on for a bit too long and should have been replaced in the Android saga with something new and fresh! I don't watch much of other anime but one series that I think did this very well was Yu Yu Hakusho (I can't remember how many end songs they had but it did change quite frequently).
Yu Yu Hakusho had 5 ending songs. Shame DBZ only had 2 (the first anime tv show had only 1 but it at least changed the animation sequence during changes in time periods).

I also agree Zenkai Power overstayed it's welcome.
fadeddreams5 wrote:
DBZGTKOSDH wrote:... Haven't we already gotten these in GT? Goku dies, the DBs go away, and the Namekian DBs most likely won't be used again because of the Evil Dragons.
Goku didn't die in GT. The show sucked him off so much, it was impossible to keep him in the world of the living, so he ascended beyond mortality.
jjgp1112 wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 6:31 am I'm just about done with the concept of reboots and making shows that were products of their time and impactful "new and sexy" and in line with modern tastes and sensibilities. Let stuff stay in their era and give today's kids their own shit to watch.

I always side eye the people who say "Now my kids/today's kids can experience what I did as a child!" Nigga, who gives a fuck about your childhood? You're an adult now and it was at least 15 years ago. Let the kids have their own experience instead of picking at a corpse.

The Time Traveller
Patreon Supporter

Post by The Time Traveller » Thu Jan 30, 2014 11:43 am

I really like Zenkai Power except for the opening, that backwards talking, or whatever the hell it is, is so damn annoying. It's not as good as Romantic Ageru Yo though, or the GT ending.