The history behind the Greek Dub of DragonBall

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Periskir

Re: The history behind the Greek Dub of DragonBall

Post by Periskir » Sat May 16, 2015 5:50 pm

That were the names that were used in the booklets of DVDs and VHSs of Dragonball in Greece because Deagostini is an italian company i think...

TheRed259
Advanced Regular

Post by TheRed259 » Mon May 18, 2015 2:02 am

Zetto wrote:
TheRed259 wrote:I wish we could have an interview from Vegeta's original VA as well.
Last time I discussed it with Themis Psichogios (really impossible name to spell in English, try reading it with IPA [psixo'ʝos]), Goku's greek VA, Vegeta's VA is not living in Greece anymore, and his very common name made it very difficult to find him.
He was the presenter of an event that was held in Athens last week about the 40th Year Anniversary of Turkish Invasion of Cyprus so he must be still here. https://youtu.be/vZGYbOvz_jM?t=863

But as you can see he is too old and he doesn't seem to be active on any form of social media. Maybe that singer he cooperates with can help you meet him.
emperior wrote:no offense but this sucks IMO... robotic voices for evils is a plain stupid choice. You guys should watch DBZ Italian dub, and if someone could make a thread like this for the Italian dub that would be cool.

There is no point in watching a whole series in a language that you don't understand. Unless you have other goals, like learning the language or sth like that.

Demon of Light
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Demon of Light » Mon May 18, 2015 10:16 am

This was fascinating to read, I've always been curious about non-English dubs of Dragon Ball. It's so cool that you have so much information about the process of making the Greek dub! The demonic voice filters part is especially interesting to me, I wonder if it's anything like the weird voice filters I've heard in a few Arabic dubs.

I hope this inspires more people to talk about their own local dubs. I wonder if I could still ask around about the process of making the Hebrew dub... I'm in contact with a lot of Israeli voice actors, maybe someone might know something.

Kamiccolo9
Namekian Warrior

Post by Kamiccolo9 » Mon May 18, 2015 10:19 am

TheRed259 wrote: There is no point in watching a whole series in a language that you don't understand. Unless you have other goals, like learning the language or sth like that.
This was said on a forum dedicated to the Japanese version of Dragon Ball that is populated mostly by people who don't speak Japanese :P
Champion of the 1st Kanzenshuu Short Story Tenkaichi Budokai
Kamiccolo9's Kompendium of Short Stories
Cipher wrote:If Vegeta does not kill Gohan, I will stop illegally streaming the series.
Malik_DBNA wrote:
Scarz wrote:Malik, stop. People are asking me for lewd art of possessed Bra (with Vegeta).
"Achievement Unlocked: Rule 34"

sangofe
Kicks it Old-School

Post by sangofe » Mon May 18, 2015 12:13 pm

Kamiccolo9 wrote:
TheRed259 wrote: There is no point in watching a whole series in a language that you don't understand. Unless you have other goals, like learning the language or sth like that.
This was said on a forum dedicated to the Japanese version of Dragon Ball that is populated mostly by people who don't speak Japanese :P
It's different if you've got subtitles...

UltimateHammerBro
Advanced Regular

Post by UltimateHammerBro » Mon May 18, 2015 3:23 pm

sangofe wrote:
Kamiccolo9 wrote:
It's different if you've got subtitles...
The fact that it's the original version also counts.
I'm a webcomic artist! Check out http://tapastic.com/series/Hearts

Tian
Advanced Regular

Post by Tian » Tue Sep 29, 2015 3:20 pm

Does anyone know who voiced in Goku in the greek dub of episode 71 (I mean the episode where Ginyu change bodies with Goku)?

Zetto
Beyond Newbie

Post by Zetto » Fri Oct 02, 2015 8:31 am

It's Γιώργος Χατζηγεωργίου (pronounced ʝorɣos xadʒiʝeorʝiu).
Possibly one of the biggest
Greek Dragon Ball Fans.

ドラゴンボール Ντράγκονμπολ

Tian
Advanced Regular

Post by Tian » Fri Oct 02, 2015 1:31 pm

Zetto wrote:It's Γιώργος Χατζηγεωργίου (pronounced ʝorɣos xadʒiʝeorʝiu).
So Giorgios voiced Goku here : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p7aDCt9d_Gw ?

Frieza1232

Post by Frieza1232 » Fri Oct 09, 2015 1:58 pm

TheRed259 wrote:
Zetto wrote:
TheRed259 wrote:I wish we could have an interview from Vegeta's original VA as well.
Last time I discussed it with Themis Psichogios (really impossible name to spell in English, try reading it with IPA [psixo'ʝos]), Goku's greek VA, Vegeta's VA is not living in Greece anymore, and his very common name made it very difficult to find him.
He was the presenter of an event that was held in Athens last week about the 40th Year Anniversary of Turkish Invasion of Cyprus so he must be still here. https://youtu.be/vZGYbOvz_jM?t=863

But as you can see he is too old and he doesn't seem to be active on any form of social media. Maybe that singer he cooperates with can help you meet him.
emperior wrote:no offense but this sucks IMO... robotic voices for evils is a plain stupid choice. You guys should watch DBZ Italian dub, and if someone could make a thread like this for the Italian dub that would be cool.

There is no point in watching a whole series in a language that you don't understand. Unless you have other goals, like learning the language or sth like that.

There is a point if you ask me! For example when you love another language, no need to understand it, you will learn some words when you watch so many episodes, and you know the story anyway so why is there a need to understand everything, you know what is going on! And when you like the voices or performance very much, so yeah in my opinion there are many points, and he is right, the Italian dub is quite good actually, better then many others!