Super Kid?

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

SuperGhostKamikaze
Not-So-Newbie

Super Kid?

Post by SuperGhostKamikaze » Thu Feb 13, 2014 6:23 pm

Just stumbled across this page on the internet

http://myanimelist.net/anime/7900/Super_Kid

And i must say its main character "Gokdari" looks like a rip off of Goku, Any one ever heard of this anime before?

Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School

Re: Super Kid?

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Thu Feb 13, 2014 6:27 pm

...Huh...I swear I've seen that red-haired character just as stand-alone art somewhere before. And I can't seem to find a listing about this "Super Kid" thing on AnimeNewsNetwork, Behind the Voice Actors, or even Wikipedia. And considering all the other sparse details on that page...does MyAnimeList allow people to make their own pages for fan project things or something? Honestly I'm smelling something false here.
AniManga Travelogue - Currently Reviewing: Dragon Ball (Z)
Twitter
Switch Friend Code: SW-0745-6427-7791 (let's play some Dragon Ball: The Breakers!)

SuperGhostKamikaze
Not-So-Newbie

Post by SuperGhostKamikaze » Thu Feb 13, 2014 6:30 pm

I even found an entire video on youtube

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=WpWCkVOP-oo

CashmanX
Patreon Supporter

Post by CashmanX » Thu Feb 13, 2014 7:02 pm

Gyt Kaliba wrote:...Huh...I swear I've seen that red-haired character just as stand-alone art somewhere before. And I can't seem to find a listing about this "Super Kid" thing on AnimeNewsNetwork, Behind the Voice Actors, or even Wikipedia. And considering all the other sparse details on that page...does MyAnimeList allow people to make their own pages for fan project things or something? Honestly I'm smelling something false here.
This? http://www.kanzenshuu.com/forum/viewtop ... er#p716306
olympia wrote: 21:28 why are we still talking about the emails
21:29 who gives a fuck
21:29 shut the fuck up trunks
21:29 * mean trump

Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Thu Feb 13, 2014 7:04 pm

Ah, that'd be it! It being someone's avatar would only aid in making me think it was just a fan-art created character. Though I guess going off that video (which you probably need to remove the link to SuperGhostKamikaze, as that's no doubt not a legal upload), it is a thing after all. Huh.
AniManga Travelogue - Currently Reviewing: Dragon Ball (Z)
Twitter
Switch Friend Code: SW-0745-6427-7791 (let's play some Dragon Ball: The Breakers!)

Herms
Kanzenshuu Admin Emeritus

Post by Herms » Thu Feb 13, 2014 7:39 pm

SuperGhostKamikaze wrote:And i must say its main character "Gokdari" looks like a rip off of Goku, Any one ever heard of this anime before?
More than that, it looks like a slightly altered version of SSj2 Gohan on DBZ movie 9's poster.

I think the whole thing's probably a fake.
Kanzenshuu: Is that place still around?
Sometimes, I tweet things
We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason.

Landcross

Post by Landcross » Thu Feb 13, 2014 7:49 pm

Looks like Misatokatsun in new clothes running around in the background.

Captain-Sora
Regular

Post by Captain-Sora » Thu Feb 13, 2014 8:59 pm

Herms wrote:
SuperGhostKamikaze wrote:And i must say its main character "Gokdari" looks like a rip off of Goku, Any one ever heard of this anime before?
More than that, it looks like a slightly altered version of SSj2 Gohan on DBZ movie 9's poster.

I think the whole thing's probably a fake.
It's not fake. It's some weird Korean animated film where the main character is a rip off of Goku. I remember watching it in the late 90s(and the whole film is linked in an above post to boot). Funny enough, I don't recall the main dude's hair ever looking like it did on the promotional art and cover of the video itself. He looked more akin to Vegeta with some glorious sideburns in the actual movie instead of a young SSJ2 Gohan.

What's even more hilarious is the dub's cast list(the film's ending credits confirms the link's accuracy): http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2466610/ful ... cl_sm#cast

NitroEX
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by NitroEX » Fri Feb 14, 2014 1:20 am

SuperGhostKamikaze wrote:I even found an entire video on youtube

I only watched the beginning but I already recognized David Kaye narrating as well as a few others from Ocean. Kind of a funny coincidence that they did Dragonball and this.

DragonBalllKaiHD
I Live Here

Post by DragonBalllKaiHD » Fri Feb 14, 2014 2:08 am

I have seen the movie poster before, but never bothered to watch this. It just seems uninteresting to me. I didn't think it's going to worth my time. I mean you have red haired SSj2 dude who wears same dougi as Son Goku with some unknown abilities. Is that even appealing to you?
Last edited by DragonBalllKaiHD on Fri Feb 14, 2014 2:19 am, edited 2 times in total.
Katsuyoshi Nakatsuru's #1 biggest fan

A piece of animation is a beauty of art.

Landcross

Post by Landcross » Fri Feb 14, 2014 2:14 am

NitroEX wrote:
SuperGhostKamikaze wrote:I even found an entire video on youtube

I only watched the beginning but I already recognized David Kaye narrating as well as a few others from Ocean. Kind of a funny coincidence that they did Dragonball and this.
I clicked around it a bit. Dreadful pacing. Seems pretty awful.

Bussani
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Bussani » Sat Feb 15, 2014 11:18 pm

I have this film on DVD somewhere. I've never been able to sit through the whole thing, however.
If TPP passes in your country it will be illegal for you to watch an imported DVD. Click here to learn more!