What if GT was simply a post-28th budokai Z-saga?

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Dayspring
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Dayspring » Fri Dec 23, 2005 3:04 pm

Rocketman wrote:GT had great ideas.

A race through the galaxy with Earth on the line? Good.
I agree to an extent here. One final DB-hunt saga was perfect reminiscence(sp?), but it would have been waaaaaay easier for them to teleport those DBs using a wish from the Earth Dragonballs.
Rocketman wrote:A villain who's not after revenge on Goku? Good.
Uh, weren't they ALL out for revenge on Goku? ^_^;;
Rocketman wrote:Turning the Dragonballs themselves against the heros? Very good.

And then it all gets fucked up in the execution.
Agreed again. Personally I would have prefered it if the DBs grew in power from all the wishes, and then were treated like eggs hatching new Shenrons. The only evil would be a result of no Kami guiding them. I also think I would have prefered it if this saga was the result of not collecting the Blackstar DBs in time; that way we have a valid explanation as to how Dragons, all weaker than Shenron who's strength equals Dende's, have the ability to wipe the floor with SSJ4 Goku. ^_^;;
Captain Christopher Pike wrote:The away team will consist of myself, Cadet Kirk, Mr. Sulu, and Ensign Olsen.
Freeza Heika wrote: for the land of the cool, and the home of the Appule
The Geeky Gentleman: For all your comics, movies, TV and other geeky needs.

Great Saiyaman
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Great Saiyaman » Fri Dec 23, 2005 4:19 pm

Bejiita- Exactly, GT was a decent Anime on it's own. But it would never create such a huge fanbase on it's own. Also in comparison fo DB & DBZ, it's just simply nothing.
[b]Vegito:[/b] What do you call a Goku & a Vegeta? Gogeta sounds nice.
[b]Toriyama:[/b] *wak*

[i]"I wanna go to Filler Hell when I die."-Me[/i]

laserkid
Advanced Regular

Post by laserkid » Fri Dec 23, 2005 10:18 pm

Uh guys, I don't much like GT either but this isn't a thread about what we like/dislike about GT. It's a what if question. We need less opinion blasting and more general thought. ^^;
-Laserkid