Manga Inconsistencies and Plotholes.

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

KentalSSJ6
Born 'n Bred Here

Manga Inconsistencies and Plotholes.

Post by KentalSSJ6 » Mon Feb 17, 2014 8:45 pm

Figured i'd make a thread where people can point out and discuss any and all inconsistencies and plotholes in the manga. Fire away people.
Deviantart (NSFW) - http://yamato012.deviantart.com/
DBSW Group Page - http://dbsw.deviantart.com/
Still the 1k Sniper - [spoiler]http://orig10.deviantart.net/6a02/f/201 ... 8npe7r.png[/spoiler]

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Re: Manga Inconsistency's and Plotholes.

Post by VegettoEX » Mon Feb 17, 2014 10:06 pm

Do you have a question about them? Any in particular you're curious about? Do you not know any and would like people to share them with you?

Just trying to figure out what the point of the thread is / what your goal is in creating it. Want to make sure the conversation serves its purpose in the best way it can!
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

KentalSSJ6
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by KentalSSJ6 » Mon Feb 17, 2014 10:10 pm

VegettoEX wrote:Do you have a question about them? Any in particular you're curious about? Do you not know any and would like people to share them with you?

Just trying to figure out what the point of the thread is / what your goal is in creating it. Want to make sure the conversation serves its purpose in the best way it can!
Basically I'm just trying to gather up information. For example someone may know a part of the manga that may contradict another part of the manga and such.
Still the 1k Sniper - [spoiler]http://orig10.deviantart.net/6a02/f/201 ... 8npe7r.png[/spoiler]

thatdbzguy
Banned

Post by thatdbzguy » Mon Feb 17, 2014 11:41 pm

Gohan's out-of characterness in the Cell Games, Trunks telling Goku that the Androids from his future were Androids 19 and 20, then later saying they were 17 and 18, etc.

Although I really don't see the point in picking out all of the flaws in DBZ, unless Toriyama plans to re-write it while listening to fan feedback. It's already a poorly written story, so going deeper to find more faults just seems like beating a dead horse to me.
Khalid Shahin wrote:
Dragon Soul Funimation Lyrics wrote:Nothing ever dies; we will rise again!
Yeah, pretty much sums the show up right there.

Landcross

Post by Landcross » Mon Feb 17, 2014 11:55 pm

thatdbzguy wrote:It's already a poorly written story, so going deeper to find more faults just seems like beating a dead horse to me.
Why do you bother posting about something you hate? I'm completely serious when I ask this. It'd be like me registering on a One Direction forum.

As for plot holes, Toriyama admitted that he would forget what he wrote shortly after, and was always looking ahead. I think it's completely obvious he started the Androids stuff right after he saw Terminator 2, in fact.

thatdbzguy
Banned

Post by thatdbzguy » Tue Feb 18, 2014 12:10 am

Landcross wrote:
thatdbzguy wrote:It's already a poorly written story, so going deeper to find more faults just seems like beating a dead horse to me.
Why do you bother posting about something you hate? I'm completely serious when I ask this. It'd be like me registering on a One Direction forum.

As for plot holes, Toriyama admitted that he would forget what he wrote shortly after, and was always looking ahead. I think it's completely obvious he started the Androids stuff right after he saw Terminator 2, in fact.
I don't hate DBZ, I hate the fact that I love it as much as I do.
Khalid Shahin wrote:
Dragon Soul Funimation Lyrics wrote:Nothing ever dies; we will rise again!
Yeah, pretty much sums the show up right there.

KentalSSJ6
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by KentalSSJ6 » Tue Feb 18, 2014 12:18 am

thatdbzguy wrote:
Landcross wrote:

I don't hate DBZ, I hate the fact that I love it as much as I do.
I'm going to be blunt here. If all your going to do on my thread is mope about various things in your life, i'd rather you not make a post at all. Nearly everyone knows you feel ashamed and/or upset that you like DBZ but thats no excuse to keep proclaiming it over the various threads of this forum.

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Tue Feb 18, 2014 12:22 am

I remember Cell said that he cannot regenerate if a certain part of his body is damaged and yet he regenerate after he blew himself up.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

Kid Buu
I Live Here

Re: Manga Inconsistencies and Plotholes.

Post by Kid Buu » Tue Feb 18, 2014 12:24 am

I don't think thatdbzguy is being negative at all. It just seems like hes accepted the flaws of the series and sitting here pointing them out isn't going to change anything.
Rocketman wrote:"Shonen" basically means "stupid sentimental shit" anyway, so it's ok to be anti-shonen.

KentalSSJ6
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by KentalSSJ6 » Tue Feb 18, 2014 12:27 am

Hellspawn28 wrote:I remember Cell said that he cannot regenerate if a certain part of his body is damaged and yet he regenerate after he blew himself up.
There is that. He specifically points to his head and states as long as his nucleus is intact he can regenerate from anything, only to have his entire upper half, along with his head, blown into nothingness by Goku's Shunkan Ido Kamehameha. So, unless Cell can move that nucleus to his crotch, id consider that a plothole.

Kid Buu
I Live Here

Post by Kid Buu » Tue Feb 18, 2014 12:30 am

Zarbon tells Vegeta that Freeza feared the Saiyans ganging upon him, but later its Freeza fears SSJ.
Rocketman wrote:"Shonen" basically means "stupid sentimental shit" anyway, so it's ok to be anti-shonen.

Cipher
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Cipher » Tue Feb 18, 2014 12:36 am

A rather minor one:

At the end of the Namek arc, the Earth Shen-Long teleports everyone from Namek to Earth, seemingly without anyone knowing what's happening (or at least they're very surprised to realize they've been zapped to Earth). Later, the gang asks Porunga to teleport Goku to Earth, and he's able to refuse, preventing Porunga from doing it. That sudden clause of, "Hey, only if they say it's okay!" doesn't really fit anything the Dragon Balls have done before, including within the same story line.

TheGmGoken
Namekian Warrior

Post by TheGmGoken » Tue Feb 18, 2014 12:42 am

Cipher wrote:A rather minor one:

At the end of the Namek arc, the Earth Shen-Long teleports everyone from Namek to Earth, seemingly without anyone knowing what's happening (or at least they're very surprised to realize they've been zapped to Earth). Later, the gang asks Porunga to teleport Goku to Earth, and he's able to refuse, preventing Porunga from doing it. That sudden clause of, "Hey, only if they say it's okay!" doesn't really fit anything the Dragon Balls have done before, including within the same story line.
Its possible but unlikely that Goku knew that they will use Shenlong/Porounga and told King Emma through King Kai not to allow them. Seems stupid.

@Kid Buu I thought Freeza fear was that Saiyans was getting stronger and prehaps a "ssj" will emerge and lead a rebellion

WittyUsername
I Live Here

Post by WittyUsername » Tue Feb 18, 2014 12:57 am

Here's a plot hole that I'm surprised hasn't been mentioned yet, the moon somehow got destroyed twice.

TheGmGoken
Namekian Warrior

Post by TheGmGoken » Tue Feb 18, 2014 1:09 am

WittyUsername wrote:Here's a plot hole that I'm surprised hasn't been mentioned yet, the moon somehow got destroyed twice.
Huh? Kami restored the moon. Piccolo destroyed it again. Roshi destroyed it the first time.

SSJ3_Zack
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by SSJ3_Zack » Tue Feb 18, 2014 1:11 am

WittyUsername wrote:Here's a plot hole that I'm surprised hasn't been mentioned yet, the moon somehow got destroyed twice.
Didn't Kami bring the moon back after he removed Son Goku's tail?

WittyUsername
I Live Here

Post by WittyUsername » Tue Feb 18, 2014 1:12 am

Damn, I forgot about that.

Z-Dragon
Beyond Newbie

Post by Z-Dragon » Tue Feb 18, 2014 1:25 am

I found a plothole about Piccolo's super-hearing ability. Remember Dr. Gero got Piccolo off guard from behind by absorbing some energy from Piccolo with his hand on his mouth? He did talked out of his mouth instead of talking inside his head before sneaking out to Piccolo to absorb him in off-guard, but why didn't Piccolo hear something like words from Dr. Gero or any sound from behind? He did hear those words from Goku and Future Trunks there, if he can hear whatever with his super-hearing ability then he should've heard something from Dr. Gero behind and turn back to fight him.

RandomGuy96
Kicks it Old-School

Post by RandomGuy96 » Tue Feb 18, 2014 1:33 am

In the Saiyan arc, Vegeta states that he's the strongest in the universe. The Freeza arc retcons in a bunch of guys way stronger than him that Vegeta knows about.
The Monkey King wrote:
RandomGuy96 wrote:
dbgtFO wrote: Please elaborate as I do not know what you mean by "pushing Vegeta's destruction"
He's probably referring to the Bardock special. Zarbon was the one who first recommended destroying Planet Vegeta because the saiyans were rapidly growing in strength.
It was actually Beerus disguised as Zarbon #StayWoke
Herms wrote:The fact that the ridiculous power inflation is presented so earnestly makes me just roll my eyes and snicker. Like with Freeza, where he starts off over 10 times stronger than all his henchmen except Ginyu (because...well, just because), then we find out he can transform and get even more powerful, and then he reveals he can transform two more times, before finally coming out with the fact that he hasn't even been using anywhere near 50% of his power. Oh, and he can survive in the vacuum of space. All this stuff is just presented as the way Freeza is, without even an attempt at rationalizing it, yet the tone dictates we're supposed to take all this silly grasping at straws as thrilling danger. So I guess I don't really take the power inflation in the Boo arc seriously, but I don't take the power inflation in earlier arcs seriously either, so there's no net loss of seriousness. I think a silly story presented as serious is harder to accept than a silly story presented as silly.

TheGmGoken
Namekian Warrior

Post by TheGmGoken » Tue Feb 18, 2014 1:37 am

RandomGuy96 wrote:In the Saiyan arc, Vegeta states that he's the strongest in the universe. The Freeza arc retcons in a bunch of guys way stronger than him that Vegeta knows about.
Can't that be passed on as cocky-ness. Freeza said the same thing yet Freeza knew Beerus