Where to buy the "Big Green Dub" DVDs from?

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

dbboxkaifan
Banned

Where to buy the "Big Green Dub" DVDs from?

Post by dbboxkaifan » Sun Mar 09, 2014 6:56 pm

On Amazon UK I can find Films 2, 3 and 4 of Z but the rest seems somewhat rare so I'd like to know if I were interested where would these DVDs be purchasable from? And what would their prices be?

Even though the dubs are all horrible I would've liked to have seen the "Big Green Dub" of Film #13 (Wrath of the Dragon).
DB Movie 1 - The Legend of Shenron
DB Movie 2 - Sleeping Beauty in Devil Castle
DB Movie 3 - Mystical Adventure
DBZ Movie 1 - In Pursuit of Garlic
DBZ Movie 2 - The Strongest Guy in the World
DBZ Movie 3 - Super Battle in the World
DBZ Movie 4 - Super Saiya Son Goku
DBZ Movie 5 - Super Rivals
DBZ Movie 6 - Fight! 10 Billion Power Warriors
DBZ Movie 7 - Super Battle of the Three Super Saiyans
DBZ Movie 8 - The Burning Battles
DBZ Movie 9 - Super Guy in the Galaxy
DBZ Special 1 - The Father of Goku
DBZ Special 2 - Gohan and Trunks

http://dragonball.wikia.com/wiki/AB_Groupe
FUNimation 2015 Releases I want:
- Kai 2.0 on Blu-ray

penguintruth
Banned

Re: Where to buy the "Big Green Dub" DVDs from?

Post by penguintruth » Sun Mar 09, 2014 7:04 pm

Were DVDs even made of it? I thought it was a broadcast only thing.
Kentai wrote:Son Gokuu is a fascinating character anyway, because he is - at face value, anyway - an idiot savant. The victim of violent head trauma as an infant [...] he's a simple bumpkin with a fair share of brain damage who's natural talents to work out what's wrong compensate for his broad lack of common sense. But he's also a fighter, through and through [...] he fight until he has, in no uncertain terms, beaten his enemy on terms they can both acknowledge. He doesn't want to kill anyone, or even prove that he can win... he just wants to know he can. He's an ineffably charming bastard who's manly leanings were really incendental, and yes, the fact that he was voiced by a squeaky woman made the combination perhaps all the more charming.

Dragon Ball (Z) Kai Reviews!

Can I get a Schemen?

eledoremassis02
I Live Here

Post by eledoremassis02 » Sun Mar 09, 2014 7:07 pm

I think amazon UK sell some of them and they popup on ebay from time to time :)

Wibbs
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Wibbs » Sun Mar 09, 2014 7:08 pm

penguintruth wrote:Were DVDs even made of it? I thought it was a broadcast only thing.
There are some for the earlier films, most common are the first three. I once saw their dub of the Bardock special on VHS but it could have been taped off of the TV for all I know.
Thanks to SSJ God Gogeta for the avatar.

Gonstead
I Live Here

Post by Gonstead » Sun Mar 09, 2014 7:14 pm

As far as I'm aware, the first 9 movies (The actual order of movies 1 - 9 from the original Japanese) + the TV specials are the only ones to have been released on DVD. Everything else such as Movies 10 - 13, the GT special and the DB movies were only ever broadcasted on TV and never received a home release.

*clenches fist* I so want to find the missing ones and add them to my collection.
Visit DragonBallFigures for all your Dragon Ball figure info and needs!
Mayuri Kurotsuchi wrote:"In this world, nothing perfect exists. It may be a cliche after all but it's the way things are. That's precisely why ordinary men pursue the concept of perfection, it's infatuation. But ultimately I have to ask myself "What is the true meaning of being perfect?" and the answer I came up with was nothing. Not one thing. The truth of the matter is I despise perfection! If something is truly perfect, that's IT! The bottom line becomes there is no room for imagination! No space for intelligence or ability or improvement! Do you understand? To men of science like us, perfection is a dead end, a condition of hopelessness. Always strive to be better than anything that came before you but not perfect! Scientist's agonize over the attempt to achieve perfection! That's the kind of creatures we are! We take joy in trying to exceed our grasp, in trying to reach for something that in the end, we have to admit may in fact be unreachable!"
MY HOLY GRAIL (110% Serious. Please sell me one)

DrBriefsCat
Beyond Newbie

Post by DrBriefsCat » Sun Mar 09, 2014 8:17 pm

As far as I'm aware, the first 9 movies (The actual order of movies 1 - 9 from the original Japanese) + the TV specials are the only ones to have been released on DVD. Everything else such as Movies 10 - 13, the GT special and the DB movies were only ever broadcasted on TV and never received a home release.
Does this include the DVDs of the movies released in Denmark? Those releases included the Big Green dub as an alternate audio track and some of them not on DVD in the UK.

Sshadow5001
Advanced Regular

Post by Sshadow5001 » Sun Mar 09, 2014 9:30 pm

I remember 2,3 & 4 being in shops like 12 years ago but I've never seen the others for sale.
Please check out my Youtube channel GLEclipseGaming
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8otmN ... FvDYiaKt9w

Currently Playing
Gundam Breaker 3

dbboxkaifan
Banned

Post by dbboxkaifan » Sun Mar 09, 2014 10:50 pm

DrBriefsCat wrote:Does this include the DVDs of the movies released in Denmark? Those releases included the Big Green dub as an alternate audio track and some of them not on DVD in the UK.
I saw that on Amazon.de there was "Dragon Ball Z: A La Poursuite de Garlic" which seems a direct translation of "Dragon Ball Z: In Pursuit of Garlic" so it might have the English dub of AB Groupe (it doesn't say anywhere though), still for £5 (change it to .co.uk) is a bit too much considering how bad it is.

http://www.amazon.de/Dragon-Ball-Les-fi ... z+1+garlic
- Kai 2.0 on Blu-ray

Solidus
Beyond Newbie

Post by Solidus » Mon Mar 10, 2014 8:33 am

dbboxkaifan wrote:I saw that on Amazon.de there was "Dragon Ball Z: A La Poursuite de Garlic" which seems a direct translation of "Dragon Ball Z: In Pursuit of Garlic" so it might have the English dub of AB Groupe (it doesn't say anywhere though), still for £5 (change it to .co.uk) is a bit too much considering how bad it is.

http://www.amazon.de/Dragon-Ball-Les-fi ... z+1+garlic
That's a book, the animanga for Movie 1. You're best bet is the Dutch releases. This site has them from time to time, that link is for Movie 5. Note that it says 4 but those numbers seem to be in order of release for these DVD's rather than the actual Movie number. But it seems more trouble than it's worth and they're expensive for what they are.

linkdude20002001
I Live Here

Post by linkdude20002001 » Mon Mar 10, 2014 1:12 pm

DrBriefsCat wrote:Does this include the DVDs of the movies released in Denmark? Those releases included the Big Green dub as an alternate audio track and some of them not on DVD in the UK.
Really? Denmark? Or do you mean the Dutch release...?
The Many English Dubs of DB, DBZ, and DBGT
Viz Release Censorship Guide

Scsigs: "Y'know, it actually makes sense that they waited till today to announce [the 30th Anniversary] set. It's Akira Toriyama's birthday."
Shaddy: "I too want my legacy destroyed as a birthday gift."

Adamant
I Live Here

Post by Adamant » Mon Mar 10, 2014 3:08 pm

linkdude20002001 wrote:
Denmark got movie dubs based on the Ab Groupe dub released on DVD, with the English dub track included, yes.
Satan wrote:Lortedrøm! Bøh slog min datter ihjel! Hvad bilder du dig ind, Bøh?! Nu kommer Super-Satan og rydder op!

kei17
I Live Here

Post by kei17 » Mon Mar 10, 2014 3:12 pm

Adamant wrote:
linkdude20002001 wrote:
Denmark got movie dubs based on the Ab Groupe dub released on DVD, with the English dub track included, yes.
But from what I know, not all of the Scandinavian DVDs have the Big Green dub, and some movies are available only on the Dutch VHS/DVD release.

Adamant
I Live Here

Post by Adamant » Mon Mar 10, 2014 3:32 pm

kei17 wrote: But from what I know, not all of the Scandinavian DVDs have the Big Green dub, and some movies are available only on the Dutch VHS/DVD release.
Yeah, should've probably mentioned that. Some of the earlier DVDs lack the English dub, but I don't have a complete list of which have it and which don't.
Satan wrote:Lortedrøm! Bøh slog min datter ihjel! Hvad bilder du dig ind, Bøh?! Nu kommer Super-Satan og rydder op!

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Mon Mar 10, 2014 3:39 pm

I don't understand why no-one's picked me up the DBZ Movie 1 release.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

penguintruth
Banned

Post by penguintruth » Mon Mar 10, 2014 3:40 pm

I'd rather see a DVD release of the Creative Products Corp dubs for Movies 5 and 6.
Kentai wrote:Son Gokuu is a fascinating character anyway, because he is - at face value, anyway - an idiot savant. The victim of violent head trauma as an infant [...] he's a simple bumpkin with a fair share of brain damage who's natural talents to work out what's wrong compensate for his broad lack of common sense. But he's also a fighter, through and through [...] he fight until he has, in no uncertain terms, beaten his enemy on terms they can both acknowledge. He doesn't want to kill anyone, or even prove that he can win... he just wants to know he can. He's an ineffably charming bastard who's manly leanings were really incendental, and yes, the fact that he was voiced by a squeaky woman made the combination perhaps all the more charming.

Dragon Ball (Z) Kai Reviews!

Can I get a Schemen?

TestDemo
Not-So-Newbie

Post by TestDemo » Mon Mar 10, 2014 3:44 pm

Hello all

Can you tell me which of the Scandinavian DVDs have an English dub, are there any other "Big Green" dub movies commerically available excluding the ones already released in the Netherlands?

90sDBZ
I Live Here

Post by 90sDBZ » Mon Mar 10, 2014 4:34 pm

I'm pretty certain only movies 2, 3 and 4 ever got a home release while all the other movies were only shown on Toonami UK. They also released them in a weird order with movie 3 being released first, then movie 4 and then movie 2. Typical AB Groupe :roll:. The real bizarre thing about those movies is that they were fully uncut on Toonami UK during the day, Gohan's penis and all.

An interesting fact that I've never seen mentioned is that the home releases of the Big Green movies used an instrumental version of Head Cha La as the intro while the Toonami UK Broadcast used a shortened version of the normal version.

dbboxkaifan
Banned

Post by dbboxkaifan » Mon Mar 10, 2014 4:54 pm

VegettoEX wrote:I don't understand why no-one's picked me up the DBZ Movie 1 release.
Your Dead Zone collection isn't complete without Big Green Dub's DVD :P

90sDBZ wrote:I'm pretty certain only movies 2, 3 and 4 ever got a home release while all the other movies were only shown on Toonami UK. They also released them in a weird order with movie 3 being released first, then movie 4 and then movie 2. Typical AB Groupe :roll:. The real bizarre thing about those movies is that they were fully uncut on Toonami UK during the day, Gohan's penis and all.

An interesting fact that I've never seen mentioned is that the home releases of the Big Green movies used an instrumental version of Head Cha La as the intro while the Toonami UK Broadcast used a shortened version of the normal version.
Oh, they exist in fact but it's not all 1-13 and their order is rather very confusing.

List of movies:
Movie 1 - Super Battle in the World (= Movie 3)
Movie 2 - The Strongest Guy in the World (= Movie 2)
Movie 3 - Super Saiyan, Goku (= Movie 4)
Movie 4 - Super Rivals (= Movie 5)
Movie 5 - Fight! 10 Billion Power Warriors (= Movie 6)
Movie 6 - Super Battle of the Three Super Saiyans (= Movie 7)
Movie 7 - The Burning Battles (= Movie 8 )
Movie 8 - Super Guy in the Galaxy (= Movie 9)
Movie 9 - The Father of Goku (= TV Special 1 (Bardock))
Movie 10 - Gohan and Trunks (= TV Special 2 (Trunks))
Movie 11 - In Pursuit of Garlic (= Movie 1)

Clips:
Ending of Movie 4: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=whnuJReGbso
Krillin sings: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eNkpipdJX2Y
In Pursuit of Garlic clip: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OOVxs2Iu6m8
All information, photos and links provided by Yauncle.

Edit: Now I want these DVDs so bad, if they pop up on eBay they're gonna be mine!
- Kai 2.0 on Blu-ray

Pokewhiz7
I Live Here

Post by Pokewhiz7 » Mon Mar 10, 2014 7:47 pm

Wow, those sure are some darn descriptive titles.

sangofe
Kicks it Old-School

Post by sangofe » Thu Mar 13, 2014 4:39 am

Adamant wrote:
linkdude20002001 wrote:
Well, all scandinavian dvds have the english tracks, but not from all the movies.
Last edited by sangofe on Thu Mar 13, 2014 4:49 am, edited 1 time in total.