Need more anime like DBZ? Suggested Anime Thread

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

TheAldella
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Re: Need more anime like DBZ? Suggested Anime Thread

Post by TheAldella » Fri Apr 25, 2014 12:19 pm

TheRed259 wrote: Hunter × Hunter 1999 or Hunter × Hunter 2011? Which series is the closest to the manga? Which one has the best music & voice acting in your opinion? Should I watch the original Japanese dub or the English one?
2011 is adapting the manga very closely. I like 1999's music more. Japanese has much more mood to it, english script/character personality liberties aside. The voices are very similiar in both versions, and there is a voice comparison of the main sub cast on YouTube. 2011 doesn't even have a dub as of yet. Although, I feel the Yorkshin arc was handled Much better in the 1999 version.
Favorite anime -
Mob Psycho 100
Yu Yu Hakusho

Favorite movies -
Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith
Zack Snyder's Justice League
HybridSaiyan wrote:Super better nail the fusion right. I don't want to see some gay twirling shit like the Zamasu fusion when they should just smack dicks together and merge.

DonZ
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by DonZ » Sat Apr 26, 2014 5:27 pm

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure (2012) it covers the two part. Phantom Blood and Battle Tendency. phantom blood is pretty shitty imo, nothing good about it except the DIO-SAMA!!!!1!11!

Battle Tendency is one great, over-the-top strategic action anime. with one of the best, hilarious main characters i've ever seen. i would recommend a lot of amazing anime to watch, but i don't think none of them are similar to Dragon Ball.

HxH is a must. it's the 2nd best shonen ever after Fullmetal Alchemist, imo.

anyway, my favorites are..

1) Dragon Ball and Dragon Ball Z
2) Hunter x Hunter
3) Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood and Fullmetal Alchemist
4) Monster
5) NANA (does anyone here like it, or even watched it? it's pretty underrate outside Japan)
Last edited by DonZ on Sat Apr 26, 2014 5:47 pm, edited 3 times in total.

DonZ
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by DonZ » Sat Apr 26, 2014 5:33 pm

TheRed259 wrote:
FortuneSSJ wrote:HunterxHunter 2011 is by far the best anime on going and one of my favourites ever.
Its from the same mangaka that did Yu Yu Hakusho. It takes some things from DBZ and the writing is just magnificent.

The chimera ant arc is the darkest arc I ever saw in a shounen and the villain is a homage to Cell.
Definitely, a must watch.
Hunter × Hunter 1999 or Hunter × Hunter 2011? Which series is the closest to the manga? Which one has the best music & voice acting in your opinion? Should I watch the original Japanese dub or the English one?
2011 follow the manga more closely (tho 1999 fillers are awesome and made the anime better than the manga itself)
1999 has a better music -no contest- and voice acting.

sub, of course. HxH 99 dub is horrible, don't know about the 2011 one. i think you should watch the 2011 (tho i think 99 is a whole lot better) cuz the 99 version stopped at a certain point and didn't cover the Chimera Ants arc, which happens to be the 2nd best arc in the whole story imo. the 2011 anime is still airing.

B
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by B » Sat Apr 26, 2014 9:11 pm

The Zetman manga, created by Toriyama's best friend and oft-collaborator Masakazu Katsura, starts out almost exactly like Dragon Ball. I'm not sure if those parallels are still there in the Zetman anime, which I didn't watch, but I know it changed a lot anyway to fit the story into 20~ episodes.
Keen Observation of Dragon Ball Z Movie 4's Climax wrote:Slug shits to see the genki