How Many Plan to Watch "Battle of Gods" in Theaters?

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

WittyUsername
I Live Here

How Many Plan to Watch "Battle of Gods" in Theaters?

Post by WittyUsername » Wed Jun 04, 2014 2:15 pm

I'm not sure at this point if the movie is going to play anywhere near where I live since it's getting a limited release. Is anyone here eager to watch the movie when it comes out in theaters here in North America?
Last edited by WittyUsername on Wed Jun 04, 2014 2:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Re: How many plan to watch BOG in theaters?

Post by Hellspawn28 » Wed Jun 04, 2014 2:29 pm

I will try too. I miss out on the Fusion Reborn screening since there was none in Maryland or DC.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

Black_Anime_Fan
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Black_Anime_Fan » Wed Jun 04, 2014 2:58 pm

I hope the movie is played in Chicago. I didn't necessarily like BOG, but I can't pass on listening to Vegeta's bingo-song in Chris Sabat's deep, soothing voice. I can't wait :lol:
Goku wrote:You haven't figured it out yet? I'm the Saiyan who came all the way from Earth for the sole purpose of beating you. I am the warrior you've heard of in legends, pure of heart and awakened by fury. That's what I am. I AM THE SUPER SAIYAN, SON GOKU!
DBZ ended after the Frieza Saga.

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Dbzfan94 » Wed Jun 04, 2014 3:46 pm

If it is playing anywhere near me in Philly then yeah.
Either way I'm still getting it on DVD. Hopefully it'll be the extended verison

Freeza Soldier #156
Regular

Post by Freeza Soldier #156 » Wed Jun 04, 2014 4:36 pm

If it is playing anywhere remotely near me, I will be there.

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Wed Jun 04, 2014 9:03 pm

I'll go if there is a theater showing it near me. If they end up having both dubbed and subbed screenings for it, I may even go twice. Once to see the Japanese version I want to see, and then the other to watch the dub out of curiosity for how it''s handled (not something that typically interests me).
Last edited by TheDevilsCorpse on Wed Jun 04, 2014 10:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Direct translations of the Korean DB Online timeline and guidebook.
My personal "canon" and BP list. (Coming Soon)

B
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by B » Wed Jun 04, 2014 9:16 pm

There's a good chance it'll play somewhere near me, being in Texas and all. But, it'll depend on what I have going on, unless a Japanese showing is guaranteed.
Keen Observation of Dragon Ball Z Movie 4's Climax wrote:Slug shits to see the genki

Tyro
Patreon Supporter

Post by Tyro » Wed Jun 04, 2014 10:04 pm

I remember wanting to see movie #12 in theaters so desperately as a high school student. It only made it to a handful of cities, yes? Now that I'm living on my own I will definitely try to watch it if it plays anywhere near where I'll be living. I doubt we'll get a subbed version but if we did then I'd try to see it twice, but I'd choose the sub over the dub if it came to it. In the end I guess it doesn't matter since I plan on buying the Blu-ray anyway. Still praying that will see an extended/director's cut.

theoriginalbilis
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by theoriginalbilis » Wed Jun 04, 2014 10:19 pm

Since I've seen the Japanese version several times at this point. I'll definitely attend a dubbed showing if it's in my area. I am curious to see what they do with it; since the dub for Kai is overall really great, I'm really optimistic.

It'd be swell if we got the Director's Cut eventually too, but... that's a bit of a grey area right now apparently.
Nothing matters (in a cosmic sense.) Have a good time.

KentalSSJ6
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by KentalSSJ6 » Wed Jun 04, 2014 10:30 pm

If by some chance it comes to the theaters by me then ill definitely go see it. Otherwise ill just wait till the bluray comes out.
Deviantart (NSFW) - http://yamato012.deviantart.com/
DBSW Group Page - http://dbsw.deviantart.com/
Still the 1k Sniper - [spoiler]http://orig10.deviantart.net/6a02/f/201 ... 8npe7r.png[/spoiler]

BlazingFiddlesticks
I Live Here

Post by BlazingFiddlesticks » Wed Jun 04, 2014 10:31 pm

Kansan here, I'm close to enough cities that I expect something remotely near me. Whether it'll be worth the trek is another matter entirely.
JulieYBM wrote:
Pannaliciour wrote:Reading all the comments and interviews, my conclusion is: nobody knows what the hell is going on.
Just like Dragon Ball since Chapter #4.
son veku wrote:
Metalwario64 wrote:
BlazingFiddlesticks wrote:Kingdom Piccolo
Where is that located?
Canada

SuicidalZerg
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by SuicidalZerg » Wed Jun 04, 2014 10:34 pm

As much as I despise movie theaters and want nothing to do with $15 ticket prices... if there's a subbed version anywhere near me, I'm going. It's the one occasion that I could be coerced into doing so.
Nozawaberries commercial: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mdqta3iB6ZM

Twitch stream: http://www.twitch.tv/suicidalzerg
Planet Minecraft skins: http://www.planetminecraft.com/member/son_gohan/
Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/SC2SuicidalZerg
NA Battle tag: SuicidalZerg.158
MC username: SuicidalZerg

TheAldella
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by TheAldella » Thu Jun 05, 2014 12:20 am

I'm going, if only to hear the movie in Proper surround sound.
Favorite anime -
Mob Psycho 100
Yu Yu Hakusho

Favorite movies -
Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith
Zack Snyder's Justice League
HybridSaiyan wrote:Super better nail the fusion right. I don't want to see some gay twirling shit like the Zamasu fusion when they should just smack dicks together and merge.

TheBlackPaladin
I Live Here

Post by TheBlackPaladin » Thu Jun 05, 2014 4:07 am

Abso-friggin'-lutely! I live in Los Angeles, so when you hear the term, "Limited Theatrical Release," LA is usually if not always included in that term, since it's more or less the capital of the movie business in the US.

OK, so maybe I'm too easily excited, but I'm just not used to seeing anime on the big screen, so it's always fun for me to do just that. I saw Evangelion 3.0 in a huge theater at Pasadena, and while I had (enormous) problems with the storyline, seeing the visuals and hearing the audio, on that big a screen and that advanced a sound system, has been one of the select few times where my jaw has dropped open in amazement. In many ways, it helped to compensate for a story that had more plot holes in it than I could have possibly imagined.

I would also assume that I'm probably one of the very few Kanzenshuuers who hasn't seen BoG already. I've purposefully avoided every detail of it that I possibly could, because I wanted to wait for what I soon recognized would be an inevitable theatrical release. The general vibe I've gotten--but correct me if I'm wrong--is that the movie wasn't especially amazing, but I'll nevertheless be excited to see the DBZ characters back for a new adventure!

Also, to those commenting on wanting a subbed screening.....stay up to date with which theaters are showing BoG, because there's a good chance you will be able to catch a subbed screening. If FUNimation's theatrical release of Evangelion 3.0 was anything to go by, then the dubbed version will be shown more times throughout the day, but there will still be a few time slots set aside for the subbed version.
Black_Anime_Fan wrote:I didn't necessarily like BOG, but I can't pass on listening to Vegeta's bingo-song in Chris Sabat's deep, soothing voice. I can't wait :lol:
This. Chris Sabat was a trained opera singer, but the prospect of hearing him sing in his Vegeta voice sounds hilarious (in a good, we're-supposed-to-be-laughing-because-it's-a-comedy-scene kind of way).
A "rather haggard" translation of a line from Future Gohan in DBZ, provided to FUNimation by Toei:
"To think of fighting that is this fun...so, it was pleasant fight, as many as, therefore is a feeling which is good the fight where."

Kid Buu
I Live Here

Post by Kid Buu » Thu Jun 05, 2014 5:43 am

^Since you are in LA, perhaps we can go to a mutual showing? We'll see when the details come out.
Rocketman wrote:"Shonen" basically means "stupid sentimental shit" anyway, so it's ok to be anti-shonen.

baneofdemon22
Beyond Newbie

Post by baneofdemon22 » Thu Jun 05, 2014 8:31 am

I hate the theater so much, but I will go in a heartbeat for this! I hope it's the extended version. Can't wait!

PhoenixEX
Regular

Post by PhoenixEX » Thu Jun 05, 2014 9:01 am

Well I live in a suburban town in NY, a good half hour from NYC, so chances are that I'll be able to make it. The town next to mine has a large theatre where there are usually FUNi and Viz screenings dubbed and subbed (Death Note, Evangelion, Pokemon films, etc.) so it'll probably be shown there as well.
One World. 🌐 🕊

Scarz
I Live Here

Post by Scarz » Thu Jun 05, 2014 10:40 am

If it's going to be playing at a theater in NYC, you can guarantee I'll be there!

MediaFanGirl93
Beyond Newbie

Post by MediaFanGirl93 » Fri Jun 06, 2014 8:24 am

Hellspawn28 wrote:I will try too. I miss out on the Fusion Reborn screening since there was none in Maryland or DC.
I live around Maryland and DC and I hope they show the BOG movie as well before I go back to school.

Daimo-Rukiri
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Daimo-Rukiri » Fri Jun 06, 2014 10:33 am

If it's close enough I'll plan a weekend around it, but highly doubt it'll be anywhere near my area...
Hope it it comes to Minneapolis, MN^^
Steam: Rukiri89 | uPlay: Rukiri89 | Origin: XxRukiriXx | Xbox LIVE: XxRUKIRIxX89 | PSN: Ericks1989 | Nintendo Network ID: Rukiri

Dragon Ball Hero's Spirit development blog - An Action-RPG coming soon to monitor near you!
https://dragonball-hs.tumblr.com/