Best Haircut/hairstyle

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

TheGmGoken
Namekian Warrior

Best Haircut/hairstyle

Post by TheGmGoken » Mon Jun 16, 2014 1:56 am

Which characters had the best hair cut or style? Most will know my answer which is Goten(Teen.) and Krillin's Boo arc hair. Both look very cool and well done. I hated BoG Krillin hair. Reminded me of an old man trying look young. Teen Goten hair may just be Goku hair long (unlike Gohan who's Yamcha child). But it looks badass. It looks cool with spikes at bottom. So cool. Which GT didn't f*** it up.

Kid Buu
I Live Here

Re: Best Haircut/hairstyle

Post by Kid Buu » Mon Jun 16, 2014 2:04 am

TheGmGoken wrote: (unlike Gohan who's Yamcha child).
:lol:

Speaking of which, I like this one:

Rocketman wrote:"Shonen" basically means "stupid sentimental shit" anyway, so it's ok to be anti-shonen.

Kendamu
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kendamu » Mon Jun 16, 2014 2:21 am

I was always a huge fan of Gohan's hair when he was just being chill with his dad while waiting for the Cell Game to begin. It's not just the hair by itself, either. It's the whole relaxed "Full Power Super Saiyan" look that really puts it all together and makes it one of my favorite looks in the entire series.

(they/she)

My Martial Arts Website -- https://mybudo.carrd.co

Flame Dragon
Regular

Post by Flame Dragon » Mon Jun 16, 2014 6:02 am

Future Trunks with Long Hair.

BADASS.

While the worst hair ever award goes to... GT Goten!

It's generic, bland and gross. Ewwwww i hate cowlicks.
His End of Z Hair was much better and still new and underused at the time. There was no reason to change it to this abomination.

NitroEX
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by NitroEX » Mon Jun 16, 2014 6:56 am

Hercule/Satan of course

Scarz
I Live Here

Post by Scarz » Mon Jun 16, 2014 9:59 am

NitroEX wrote:(the H-word)/Satan of course
Speaking of fros...

Bulma had the best hairstyles. The afro being one of my favorite but I loved how she was the one of the few characters who constantly changed her look, particularly her hair. It was long, (mostly) short, and sometimes really cute (like the side pigtail).

As for the males, well Goku's iconic hair is my favorite! Mostly because i enjoy drawing each and every time. :D

hleV
Banned

Post by hleV » Mon Jun 16, 2014 10:06 am

TheGmGoken wrote:Teen Goten hair may just be Goku hair long
They're of the same length (possibly shorter), just restyled. It's stated in the manga that teen Goten changed his hairstyle to not look like Goku, as opposed to his hair just growing up in length.

Marco Polo
I Live Here

Post by Marco Polo » Mon Jun 16, 2014 10:15 am

Ultimate Gohan

TheGmGoken
Namekian Warrior

Post by TheGmGoken » Mon Jun 16, 2014 11:28 am

:lolno:
hleV wrote:
They're of the same length (possibly shorter), just restyled. It's stated in the manga that teen Goten changed his hairstyle to not look like Goku, as opposed to his hair just growing up in length.
Really? Where in the manga does it says that?

KentalSSJ6
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by KentalSSJ6 » Mon Jun 16, 2014 11:37 am

Deviantart (NSFW) - http://yamato012.deviantart.com/
DBSW Group Page - http://dbsw.deviantart.com/
Still the 1k Sniper - [spoiler]http://orig10.deviantart.net/6a02/f/201 ... 8npe7r.png[/spoiler]

Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Mon Jun 16, 2014 11:41 am

I guess I'm alone in really liking both Kuririn's Battle of Gods hair, and Goten's GT hair, huh. :P I dunno what it is, but there's something about both that look good to me. With Goten, at least it's not aping Goku's hair again or just being more long hair just to have long hair, and...well, I honestly never cared too much for Kuririn's Boo saga hairstyle, so Battle of Gods was a nice answer to Kuririn-with-hair at last.

Beyond that, I do really like Gohan's hairstyle for the Boo arc too. It's just really easy to draw, or at least imitate, to the point that I'm pretty sure it became the main artistic inspiration for one of my comic characters that I used to draw all the time.
AniManga Travelogue - Currently Reviewing: Dragon Ball (Z)
Twitter
Switch Friend Code: SW-0745-6427-7791 (let's play some Dragon Ball: The Breakers!)

TheGmGoken
Namekian Warrior

Post by TheGmGoken » Mon Jun 16, 2014 11:44 am

With Goten, at least it's not aping Goku's hair again or just being more long hair just to have long hair,[/i]
Huh? Sorry couldn't understand nothing you said here

Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Mon Jun 16, 2014 11:54 am

By aping, I meant how Goten's hair as a kid is essentially just the same as Goku's is. To me, that's not really that interesting when I sit down and think about it. It was already going to be super clear who's kid he was, what with where he first appears and the narrator explanation, so that giving him the same hair just seems a little more forced. It works of course, but it just seems a bit unneeded as well.

As for his teen hair, I dunno. It's just never seemed much different than Yamcha or Gohan's long hairstyles, which I was never super fond of either.
Twitter
Switch Friend Code: SW-0745-6427-7791 (let's play some Dragon Ball: The Breakers!)

TheGmGoken
Namekian Warrior

Post by TheGmGoken » Mon Jun 16, 2014 12:07 pm

Well Goten was supposed to resprsent Goku. Similar to how Gohan had Chi Chi( Yamcha....). Goten got Goku genes. Goten teen hair looks Nothing like Yamcha hair...

Maybe you hate long hair. Gt Goten hair just looks to much like Gohan at times. Hell his SSJ hair looks like its flatten

Kamiccolo9
Namekian Warrior

Post by Kamiccolo9 » Mon Jun 16, 2014 12:10 pm

Champion of the 1st Kanzenshuu Short Story Tenkaichi Budokai
Kamiccolo9's Kompendium of Short Stories
Cipher wrote:If Vegeta does not kill Gohan, I will stop illegally streaming the series.
Malik_DBNA wrote:
Scarz wrote:Malik, stop. People are asking me for lewd art of possessed Bra (with Vegeta).
"Achievement Unlocked: Rule 34"

Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Mon Jun 16, 2014 12:14 pm

I get that Goten was meant to represent Goku, but it still seems a bit...lazy, almost. Never really saw Gohan as being meant to be like Chi Chi though...if anything, he was just the first one meant to be like a young Goku's second coming, except inverted by how different he was from his father.

And I guess I should clarify, I'm not really trying to argue against you for your favorites...it just happens that they're some of my own least favorites is all. :P

@ Kamicollo - :lol: Truly the most majestic head of hair in all of anime.
Twitter

TheGmGoken
Namekian Warrior

Post by TheGmGoken » Mon Jun 16, 2014 12:15 pm

No wasn't debating. I'm sayin Goten hair looks nothing of Yamcha. Also I meant hair wise Gohan got chi chi hair. Not personality

hleV
Banned

Post by hleV » Mon Jun 16, 2014 1:59 pm

TheGmGoken wrote::lolno:
hleV wrote:
Really? Where in the manga does it says that?
In this page.

psi_brg
Not-So-Newbie

Post by psi_brg » Mon Jun 16, 2014 3:55 pm

This - I love ultimate Gohan's hairstyle!! - I also really like Future Trunks with long hair, something I wanted to look like when I was younger lol
Marco Polo wrote:Image

Ultimate Gohan
"Huh? Oh no! Now it's... the... Z Daggar!"
- Mystic Gohan

Get the best DBZ Torso T's Here @JustSaiyan

Gokuden
Regular

Post by Gokuden » Mon Jun 16, 2014 4:12 pm

One of these days Toriyama has to detail Yamucha's secret Saiyan origins. The constant Gohan-Yamcha father/son teasing has to end. The people deserve to know, Goku to deserves to know, and everyone needs to see Chich for who she really is.

Both Chichi and Goku aren't smart, Yamcha is, hep, hep. :shh:

That time your teacher asked you to draw Cell in biology class.
This man is my hero:
To be perfectly honest, I couldn't care less about the fans a re-issue might alienate because if all they're concerned about is being able to scalp the people who were either unaware of the Dragon Boxes or couldn't afford them at the time, they're just leeches and deserve to have their greed backfire on them.