Official On-Going DBZ 2015 Movie Thread: "Resurrection 'F'"

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Re: Official On-Going DBZ 2015 Movie Thread

Post by Chuquita » Tue Jul 22, 2014 12:47 pm

*Wants to see in motion so bad.*
Know what else's fire-related? Gokû's ssjg form. :3
Not that it means anything. >_>

So excited!!
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

Cetra
I Live Here

Post by Cetra » Tue Jul 22, 2014 12:51 pm

I may be wrong but Goku does not look to me like he is on Earth.
"Citation needed."
"too lazy

feel free to take it with grain of salt or discredit me altogether, I'm not losing any sleep"

Blade
I Live Here
Location: Contrary to popular belief, not on Kanzenshuu forums.

Post by Blade » Tue Jul 22, 2014 1:01 pm

Cetra wrote:I may be wrong but Goku does not look to me like he is on Earth.
It's hard to say, but it could simply be an Earth wasteland with dramatic skies?
'Multiculturalism means nothing in Japan, for every outside culture must pass first through the Japanese filter, rendering it entirely Japanese in the process.' - Julian Cope.

DragonBalllKaiHD
I Live Here

Post by DragonBalllKaiHD » Tue Jul 22, 2014 1:07 pm

On side note, they look like Yamamuro's model. It looks like even though he is the director he might also be the character designer. Hope I'm wrong about it.
Katsuyoshi Nakatsuru's #1 biggest fan

A piece of animation is a beauty of art.

Retan
Advanced Regular

Post by Retan » Tue Jul 22, 2014 1:08 pm

I think it's safe to assume the movie will will have something to do with fire.

Retan
Advanced Regular

Post by Retan » Tue Jul 22, 2014 1:10 pm

DragonBalllKaiHD wrote:On side note, they look like Yamamuro's model. It looks like even though he is the director he might also be the character designer. Hope I'm wrong about it.

What's wrong with Yamamuro's models again, inconsistency, or what?

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Tue Jul 22, 2014 1:12 pm

DragonBalllKaiHD wrote:On side note, they look like Yamamuro's model. It looks like even though he is the director he might also be the character designer. Hope I'm wrong about it.
These cuts are not going to be in the film, so it really is not unlikely that this was something tossed together at Yamamuro Animation to air as part of a TV announcement on some Fuji TV variety program.
She/Her💕 💜 💙
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
Lucifer's bimbo daughter

kei17
I Live Here

Post by kei17 » Tue Jul 22, 2014 1:14 pm

Retan
Advanced Regular

Post by Retan » Tue Jul 22, 2014 1:20 pm

Thanks Kei17!! Very cool!! By the way what is Mezamashi is it a show dedicated to previews in japan or something?
Last edited by Retan on Tue Jul 22, 2014 1:29 pm, edited 3 times in total.

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Tue Jul 22, 2014 1:23 pm

kei17 wrote:Here's the trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEKBm8ARtG0
Sounds like Ootomo Ryuuzaburou is voicing Shen Long in this trailer. This is not exactly a surprise, but something noteworthy anyway.
She/Her💕 💜 💙
Lucifer's bimbo daughter

DongHyun
Beyond Newbie

Post by DongHyun » Tue Jul 22, 2014 1:29 pm

kei17 wrote:Here's the trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEKBm8ARtG0
capture
Last edited by DongHyun on Tue Jul 22, 2014 1:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

DragonBalllKaiHD
I Live Here

Post by DragonBalllKaiHD » Tue Jul 22, 2014 1:29 pm

Retan wrote:

The problem with him is that he hasn't upped up as an animator after over twenty years of experience in animating Dragon Ball. Quite opposite, actually. He was a great animator in Z and GT, but after that his animation started to look bland and has no depth. On the other hand, Shida, Kan'no, Tate, and Hisada all have improved after the series' original run ended. That is the main gripe I have with Yamamuro.

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Tue Jul 22, 2014 1:31 pm

Cetra wrote:I may be wrong but Goku does not look to me like he is on Earth.
That's a good way to give vegeta the spotlight without taking anything away from goku
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

Retan
Advanced Regular

Post by Retan » Tue Jul 22, 2014 1:31 pm

DragonBalllKaiHD wrote:
Retan wrote:

The problem with him is that he hasn't upped up as an animator after over twenty years of experience in animating Dragon Ball. Quite opposite, actually. He was a great animator in Z and GT, but after that his animation started to look bland and has no depth. On the other hand, Shida, Kan'no, Tate, and Hisada all have improved after the series' original run ended. That is the main gripe I have with Yamamuro.

Can you show me some of those guys recent artwork so I can see for myself? I mean could it be where there working more recently on something more detail oriented, and Yamamuro's working on DBZ Character models or no?

DragonBalllKaiHD
I Live Here

Post by DragonBalllKaiHD » Tue Jul 22, 2014 1:39 pm

You can check out their works on the Ultimate Blast opening. The animators I listed except Hisada animated all the beautiful cuts, especially Shida . He did the choreography for Gokû v. Freeza, Vegeta v. Boo, and SSj3 Gotenks v. Oozaru. You can see their fluidity in the cuts as well. Compare them in Animation Guide on the main site of Kanzenshuu and you will see what I mean.
Last edited by DragonBalllKaiHD on Tue Jul 22, 2014 1:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Tue Jul 22, 2014 1:44 pm

DragonBalllKaiHD wrote: The problem with him is that he hasn't upped up as an animator after over twenty years of experience in animating Dragon Ball. Quite opposite, actually. He was a great animator in Z and GT, but after that his animation started to look bland and has no depth. On the other hand, Shida, Kan'no, Tate, and Hisada all have improved after the series' original run ended. That is the main gripe I have with Yamamuro.
No, Shida Naotoshi and Tate Naoki have improved. Hisada Kazuya and Kan'no Toshiyuki have barely animated any action since Dragon Ball GT ended. One Piece Episode #607 was the first and last time Hisada did some genuine action animation in a good ten years and even then it wasn't quite his best, even if seeing him do some Kanada Yoshinori-style animation again was thrilling.
DragonBalllKaiHD wrote:You can check out their works on the Ultimate Blast (Ultimate Tenkaichi) opening. The animators I listed except Hisada animated all the beautiful cuts, especially Shida . He did the choreography for Gokû v. Freeza, Vegeta v. Boo, and SSj3 Got ends v. Oozaru. You can see their fluidity in the cuts as well. Compare them in Animation Guide on the main site of Kanzenshuu and you will see what I mean.
No, Shida Naotoshi only did the key animation for Gokuu versus Freeza.
She/Her💕 💜 💙
Lucifer's bimbo daughter

soulnova
Advanced Regular

Post by soulnova » Tue Jul 22, 2014 1:45 pm

So can we safely assume this new movie is set A YEAR after the previous one? Or, wait... Shen Long wasn't asked all the three wishes, right? They only used one wish to know about the SSjGod. Would that make the wait to just 4 months?
Check out Journey's End, a short story of Goku and Vegeta's final days. "Time is running out for the last two Saiyans"

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Tue Jul 22, 2014 1:46 pm

Retan wrote: Can you show me some of those guys recent artwork so I can see for myself? I mean could it be where there working more recently on something more detail oriented, and Yamamuro's working on DBZ Character models or no?
You can find examples of Shida Naotoshi's key animation in recent years here. A few pieces of Tate Naoki's key animation are available here.
She/Her💕 💜 💙
Lucifer's bimbo daughter

Cold Skin
I Live Here

Post by Cold Skin » Tue Jul 22, 2014 1:53 pm

soulnova wrote:So can we safely assume this new movie is set A YEAR after the previous one? Or, wait... Shen Long wasn't asked all the three wishes, right? They only used one wish to know about the SSjGod. Would that make the wait to just 4 months?
They have two wishes since the Majin Boo saga.
They spent either one or zero to ask Shenron what he knows.
Then Shenron chose to leave.

You can consider he answered the question with a wish, in which case 6 months will be enough for them to reactivate. Shenron could potentially consider a question as a wish, since he asked "was it your wish to know if I knew about the Super Saiyan God?"
You can also consider it was not even a wish, since Shenron complains when Goku keeps asking questions that he'd rather hear a WISH. Then Goku mentions "it's just that Lord Beerus would like to know" and Beerus orders Shenron to have the question answered. So in the end, there might have been zero wish granted, meaning Dragon Balls left without deactivation. First time Shenron leaves without have glowing eyes (no wish power involved) and without saying "your wish has been granted, I shall leave now".
Last edited by Cold Skin on Tue Jul 22, 2014 1:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.

soulnova
Advanced Regular

Post by soulnova » Tue Jul 22, 2014 1:55 pm

Cold Skin wrote:
soulnova wrote:So can we safely assume this new movie is set A YEAR after the previous one? Or, wait... Shen Long wasn't asked all the three wishes, right? They only used one wish to know about the SSjGod. Would that make the wait to just 4 months?
They have two wishes since the Majin Boo saga.
They spent either one or zero to ask Shenron what he knows.
Then Shenron chose to leave.

You can consider he answered the question with a wish, in which case 6 months will be enough for them to reactivate.
You can also consider it was not even a wish, since Shenron complains when Goku keeps asking questions that he'd rather hear a WISH. Then Goku mentions "it's just that Lord Beerus would like to know" and Beerus orders Shenron to have the question answered. So in the end, there might have been zero wish granted, meaning Dragon Balls left without deactivation.

:think: Good points.
Anyway, I hope we actually get to see baby Pan... and who knows, maybe even baby Bra?? :mrgreen:
Check out Journey's End, a short story of Goku and Vegeta's final days. "Time is running out for the last two Saiyans"